Sign in to follow this  
BABurrito69

Thoughts on the update.

@Haven quote:

Trendy is one of the best development teams for a game I have EVER played, 

2Q.png

Development and design are two very different things. :-)

@WiSHFuL quote:

Trendy is one of the best development teams for a game I have EVER played, not ever have I seen devs actually listen to their players, and it is the reason this game is flourishing, the player base may be dwindling but that is not your concern xD, they are amazing devs that care about the community and actually listen to feedback and apply that only for it to lash back because people don't like change.

I can definitely agree on your first paragraph.  I often play c1-c3s pubs when farming motes.  I also enjoy explaining things when able.  

However, I don't agree with nearly anything in your second paragraph.  Mostly, I find the playerbase a huge concern of mine.  I'll try not to rehash every point already spelled out in the thread, but recent changes are geared towards active multiplayer.  Consider average player numbers of ~600-700 (PC), and then factor in a small % are actually playing a floor/game mode you want.   I'm not sure how you can describe the game as "flourishing."   

While TE actively engages with the playerbase, I would like to see a definitive stance taken on the gating of endgame content.  Perhaps recognize the game for what it really is, a small niche TD game, and stop trying to gate end game content as if the game had 10x the playerbase actively playing and pushing the boundaries... Perhaps make it the best experience possible for the small niche playerbase instead of nerfs (or just repeat bugs like bees), ridiculous material / gold sinks, AP reset madness,  Lost Temple and now DK nauseam, etc.  

Channeling my inner Dude, "Yea, that's just like, my opinion, man."

As someone who always prefers to play with more people, I ran 100-125 public and we had 3 different players join my normal duo or trio and had no issues. If anything it was a sight for sore eyes.

On 12/22/2018 at 10:13 AM, Haven said:

If I lose I want to lose because I messed up building a lane, not because i didn't throw enough lumber into the furnace.  This boss should only come out through lanes in my opinion and not this whole new floor even if it's easier, it's not onslaught and it sure isn't fun.

I was 17 resets into my AP grind when drakenfrost came out. The lane freezing dragon was the last straw for me, 3rd time AP grind was made more annoying. Stopped playing for awhile hoping they'd change it. Hoping to reignite this conversation. Made a post in Suggestions about it. I still have alot I want to do in dd2 but I can't avoid the lane freezing dragon.