Sign in to follow this  
BABurrito69

Thoughts on the update.

@BABurrito69 quote:

I do rly want incursions to be relevant, i prolly sounded against that but im not. I think having many different game modes is good for a game, however having the ability to mix and match parts of other game modes is what often times makes the best parts of games. this very game is a mashup of a diablo styled loot hunt, with a slow methodic tower defense, at least in spirit. So yes, i want modes to be different and unique, but walling off these sections rigidly creates stale, and unoriginal content, forcing yourself to adhere to very strict rules.

While I'll admit that is a good point, it'll still shouldn't be overdone. If Incursion is unique for it's own challenges putting in other gamemodes like Onslaught or Expeditions would possibly lessen the amount one would go for incursions (when it's relevant) as other gamemode has it. And if that does nothing to the players, wouldn't you grow tired of that challenge faster? As it's all over the place instead of sticking to one gamemode. That's why I think Onslaught's enemy mashup is actually just nice there. With some mutators and The Lost Temple to add some unique twist to keep it in-theme and from being stale.

Again, what you said is a good point but there's also the thematic aspect to consider. You wouldn't want gamemode themes to be too mixed up to the point that it'll be asked on what's the point of even having all these gamemodes if they all are going to be the same. All just for the sake of challenges. So I think both points from you and me will deadlock each other.

A good way to mix and match is to have a full fledged custom gamemode, but it's possible to have that overshadow all the other gamemodes. Unless adequate balancing is done?

@RustyCounterweight quote:

This is what this conversation feels like....

img]

Hahahaha! Man, I got a good laugh from this! Thank putting this up here! :D

perfectly-balanced-as-all-things-should-

edit: the photo button wont work for me, but its thanos "perfectly balanced, as all things should be" oh well, custom game modes would be interesting, but super hard to balance, idk, i guess we wait and see what trendy does after Christmas

@BABurrito69 quote:

edit: the photo button wont work for me, but its thanos "perfectly balanced, as all things should be" oh well, custom game modes would be interesting, but super hard to balance, idk, i guess we wait and see what trendy does after Christmas

Oh yes, that's quite an infamous quote :)

Yeah I guess we'll see what Trendy does in the next year which is a week away. My main concern will still always be keeping the gamemodes in-themed. As currently I see that the thematic aspect is getting a bit unbalanced.

@Tolkmit quote:

bringing up the playerbase when discussing the ease of duoing. If there are 999 Onslaught floors, and on average 600 players (or fewer) on at a time for a platform, simple math shows the chances of someone else wanting to start the same Onslaught floor as you around the same time as you are extremely low. 

and if you're doing anything other than resets if you look at leaderboard of highest floors pushed this looks even far worse. You can get a duo if you're willing to go like 15 floors back, it's not a jump right in and play sort of thing. You would also have to wait for your duo to get on and vice versa. There's an advantage for duoing but it's a pain in the ass to maintain. 

its you being salty that you cant beat a map that requires you to pay attention to a game. 

I think the new mode is actually easier than another omega wave, much easier actually. The only difference with an omega wave if you lose it's because you miss judged how a lane would go (or you got hit with a bug you didn't know about.) In the new 'incursion' we'll call it, if you lose it's not your fault everytime. You can get hit with bad rng a few times in a row and this can make this really frustrating. If you play solo (which most onslaught players do) you could hit the fire 10 times in a row and not light it with burning strikes or you can get it first try. You can get hit with a bunch of assassins in a row as the dragon comes down to freeze stuff. This isn't fun to play against and you really don't feel like there's much of a counter to this. Now you can hit me with the "just get tenacity on all your defenses and take off your previous 10/10 because the patch changed the game 4head" or you can tell me to delete my previous 10/10 mods on my dps and to put oil or fire to remove rng. Should I really be deleting my 10/10 mods every single patch? If I wanted to go keep the fires going I'd go play this: 

Image result for wintertodt

At least this one gives me a reward.

Even if you think i should just delete everything I worked for last month because this month trendy hit us with a new perfect patch, the previous incursions into onslaught don't change the gameplay much. They're just new bosses, drakenfrost hit these things so your defenses continue to do what they're supposed to do and hope you don't get bad rng whilst doing so. If I lose I want to lose because I messed up building a lane, not because i didn't throw enough lumber into the furnace.  This boss should only come out through lanes in my opinion and not this whole new floor even if it's easier, it's not onslaught and it sure isn't fun.

@Haven quote:

its you being salty that you cant beat a map that requires you to pay attention to a game. 

I think the new mode is actually easier than another omega wave, much easier actually. The only difference with an omega wave if you lose it's because you miss judged how a lane would go (or you got hit with a bug you didn't know about.) In the new 'incursion' we'll call it, if you lose it's not your fault everytime. You can get hit with bad rng a few times in a row and this can make this really frustrating. If you play solo (which most onslaught players do) you could hit the fire 10 times in a row and not light it with burning strikes or you can get it first try. You can get hit with a bunch of assassins in a row as the dragon comes down to freeze stuff. This isn't fun to play against and you really don't feel like there's much of a counter to this. Now you can hit me with the "just get tenacity on all your defenses and take off your previous 10/10 because the patch changed the game 4head" or you can tell me to delete my previous 10/10 mods on my dps and to put oil or fire to remove rng. Should I really be deleting my 10/10 mods every single patch? If I wanted to go keep the fires going I'd go play this: 

Image result for wintertodt

At least this one gives me a reward.

Even if you think i should just delete everything I worked for last month because this month trendy hit us with a new perfect patch, the previous incursions into onslaught don't change the gameplay much. They're just new bosses, drakenfrost hit these things so your defenses continue to do what they're supposed to do and hope you don't get bad rng whilst doing so. If I lose I want to lose because I messed up building a lane, not because i didn't throw enough lumber into the furnace.  This boss should only come out through lanes in my opinion and not this whole new floor even if it's easier, it's not onslaught and it sure isn't fun.

So i do apologize, the salty comment was only directed at that one person, not anybody else, he was rude, i was rude back, anyway not the point. I think whether you find it fun or not is a matter of preference and taste, and that cant be argued over, no point there. You don't like it, i do, we enjoy different things i can respect that. And the solo experience for the map right now needs some improvement, also true. As far as 10/10 mods go, i never once said to just replacing 10 mods every few months. tbh i don't have a t10 tenacity, i wish i did tho, and i don't recommend changing mods around every content drop. That would be gross to do that, losing one 10 mod is hard enough, every month getting rid of mods like expired food wouldn't be fun at all. 

As far as a reward, we have not seen all the new mods that come out of that map yet, they are on a rotation. The 2 mods we have seen, the ice chip and the torch bearer, well one of them is a flair in your mod slot tbh, and the other, when combined with drench, Completely freezing anything that can get stunned, and it looks like DR doesn't affect it at all. A completely new elemental combo on the first week of rotation is 100% a unique reward that does matter (i'm working on my barb with an ice chip AND shock, gonna be amazing) and is a sign that they are looking to make the game better. I do suppose that "better" is subjective here, but everyone can agree having unique rewards IS good for the game" I also don't care too much about who plays this game, and the numbers behind that. I highly doubt trendy will remove the dragon and relegate it to an incursion with the sad state that they are in right now. and i sadly don't think that incursions will get an overhaul anytime soon (i would like them to be relevant, but splitting a small player base further would be bad for the multiplayer aspect of the game)  So i guess all i'm sayin is that the game is going into a different direction than we had thought, and it wont be for everyone. But jumping on the forums and just trashing the content that they work hard over doesn't help anything. hopefully they look at ALL the feedback and change the game so everyone is happy, but that will be difficult cause i rly like the dragon, and some people rly hate it... That's an awkward spot to be in for trendy.

So i do apologize, the salty comment was only directed at that one person, not anybody else, he was rude, i was rude back, anyway not the point. I think whether you find it fun or not is a matter of preference and taste, and that cant be argued over, no point there. You don't like it, i do, we enjoy different things i can respect that. And the solo experience for the map right now needs some improvement, also true. As far as 10/10 mods go, i never once said to just replacing 10 mods every few months. tbh i don't have a t10 tenacity, i wish i did tho, and i don't recommend changing mods around every content drop. That would be gross to do that, losing one 10 mod is hard enough, every month getting rid of mods like expired food wouldn't be fun at all. 

As far as a reward, we have not seen all the new mods that come out of that map yet, they are on a rotation. The 2 mods we have seen, the ice chip and the torch bearer, well one of them is a flair in your mod slot tbh, and the other, when combined with drench, Completely freezing anything that can get stunned, and it looks like DR doesn't affect it at all. A completely new elemental combo on the first week of rotation is 100% a unique reward that does matter (i'm working on my barb with an ice chip AND shock, gonna be amazing) and is a sign that they are looking to make the game better. I do suppose that "better" is subjective here, but everyone can agree having unique rewards IS good for the game" I also don't care too much about who plays this game, and the numbers behind that. I highly doubt trendy will remove the dragon and relegate it to an incursion with the sad state that they are in right now. and i sadly don't think that incursions will get an overhaul anytime soon (i would like them to be relevant, but splitting a small player base further would be bad for the multiplayer aspect of the game)  So i guess all i'm sayin is that the game is going into a different direction than we had thought, and it wont be for everyone. But jumping on the forums and just trashing the content that they work hard over doesn't help anything. hopefully they look at ALL the feedback and change the game so everyone is happy, but that will be difficult cause i rly like the dragon, and some people rly hate it... That's an awkward spot to be in for trendy.

I suppose I'll start with the unique reward remark. I can't talk about what will be in the future of the game because I simply don't know that, but even if this combo doesn't proc diminishing returns the biggest reward we're getting out of the map is a revert on (in my opinion) something that shouldn't have even been added in the first place. DR should've been weapon man exclusive, I'd go into further detail on this but it'll take me all day to explain and I've already made a lengthy wall of text as why it was a bad idea tl:dr wm was strong but they nerfed all cc instead of exclusively weapon manufacturers. The reward so far in itself is 1 step forward 2 steps backwards. 

Preference or not in this new minigame in fire defenders 2; this game mode is very different from what onslaught was prior to the update as I believe you were talking about with: "the game is going into a different direction than we thought" I'm not sure if mixing their most unpopular game mode with their most popular is the best way to force upon new content. The new map is dead in c7 because no one wants to complete it compared to the other frost map. If you like incursions it might be cool for you, but for people who just want to defend the crystals and not the bonfires or the bling kings pot of gold i gotta do every week for 600 medals, isn't "cool" to be forced upon. I could recommend things to make the solo mode of the drakenmap in onslaught better; such as the amount of fires required to light per breath scale off of players, but it seems every balance change or patch I find myself on the forums trying to think of solutions for mistakes trendy is releasing in the first place. Instead of getting shot in the leg and me putting a band aid on it; I'm going to remove the bullet. This is an extreme analogy but to someone who completely disagrees with where recent balance changes are going this is EXACTLY what it feels like. We're here thinking of ideas to fix a bad implementation. Incursions should just get huge buffs on rewards and not be in onslaught in my opinion. Most likely you won't agree with this because you enjoy it, but if this is the way the game is going why have different game modes in the first place. The only game mode I enjoy being mixed with the other game modes I dislike isn't going to be fun for me or many other players that enjoy the fundamentals of Onslaught. I hate to bring up runescape again but, they have in game voting polls to vote upon what comes into the game so devs can see where they can spend their time effectively. In dd2 everything is hidden until released and if we like it awesome, if we don't we get this. If something like this was in the game where players could voice an opinion and it actually be considered it'd probably be a lot more healthy.

and if you don't feel like reading all that ***; basically I think this thing has a spot in incursions with significant buffs to rewards specifically to incursions so it can still be enjoyed, just not in onslaught.

@Haven quote:

I suppose I'll start with the unique reward remark. I can't talk about what will be in the future of the game because I simply don't know that, but even if this combo doesn't proc diminishing returns the biggest reward we're getting out of the map is a revert on (in my opinion) something that shouldn't have even been added in the first place. DR should've been weapon man exclusive, I'd go into further detail on this but it'll take me all day to explain and I've already made a lengthy wall of text as why it was a bad idea tl:dr wm was strong but they nerfed all cc instead of exclusively weapon manufacturers. The reward so far in itself is 1 step forward 2 steps backwards. 

Preference or not in this new minigame in fire defenders 2; this game mode is very different from what onslaught was prior to the update as I believe you were talking about with: "the game is going into a different direction than we thought" I'm not sure if mixing their most unpopular game mode with their most popular is the best way to force upon new content. The new map is dead in c7 because no one wants to complete it compared to the other frost map. If you like incursions it might be cool for you, but for people who just want to defend the crystals and not the bonfires or the bling kings pot of gold i gotta do every week for 600 medals, isn't "cool" to be forced upon. I could recommend things to make the solo mode of the drakenmap in onslaught better; such as the amount of fires required to light per breath scale off of players, but it seems every balance change or patch I find myself on the forums trying to think of solutions for mistakes trendy is releasing in the first place. Instead of getting shot in the leg and me putting a band aid on it; I'm going to remove the bullet. This is an extreme analogy but to someone who completely disagrees with where recent balance changes are going this is EXACTLY what it feels like. We're here thinking of ideas to fix a bad implementation. Incursions should just get huge buffs on rewards and not be in onslaught in my opinion. Most likely you won't agree with this because you enjoy it, but if this is the way the game is going why have different game modes in the first place. The only game mode I enjoy being mixed with the other game modes I dislike isn't going to be fun for me or many other players that enjoy the fundamentals of Onslaught. I hate to bring up runescape again but, they have in game voting polls to vote upon what comes into the game so devs can see where they can spend their time effectively. In dd2 everything is hidden until released and if we like it awesome, if we don't we get this. If something like this was in the game where players could voice an opinion and it actually be considered it'd probably be a lot more healthy.

and if you don't feel like reading all that ***; basically I think this thing has a spot in incursions with significant buffs to rewards specifically to incursions so it can still be enjoyed, just not in onslaught.

I read your whole post, seeing every side of a debate is important. and i agree with buffing incursions in some way, they have no rewards or incentives, lack luster perks, low mod lvls, and a harder version of an equal lvled expedition. and DR is  a polarizing opinion. I like DR, i understand its importance in a game with an ever increasing difficulty system, and can understand why its in the game, i respect that you have your opinion, i have read your walls about how you don't like it, and even tho we disagree, i doubt its going to be reverted, maybe.  Personally, if i was playing this game and update after update i saw changes that i hated and didn't agree with, id put the game away and find something that fits my likes/dislikes better. Its why i no longer play Warframe, fishing and mining for an endgame shooter isnt my idea of fun, as for using the market to farm platinum, gross, no ty. So after a few updates without any high lvled content, i chose to stop playing the game. Im kinda bummed, i liked that game, but their direction wasn't for me. I hate to say this, but im not sure DD2 is the game for you anymore. You have said many times, their changes have been a constant step backward for the game, for many updates now. Prolly time to pull the DD2 bullet out your foot and find something else to fill your time. Cause idk about you, but every patch, goin to the forums and going "trendy is ruining everything" would drive me up the wall and id stop playing what i felt was a game being killed by the devs.

Ugh this developed into a "if you dont like it so leave" post. But i mean there isn't anyone forcing you to stay, if your not having fun why play video games? I'm sure there is a game or 2 ya got lyin around you haven't played, go play those for a month or 2 and come see if this game has changed. Nothing wrong with a break, i took a break after proteon shift because the content was boring. 

@BABurrito69 quote:

I highly doubt trendy will remove the dragon and relegate it to an incursion with the sad state that they are in right now. and i sadly don't think that incursions will get an overhaul anytime soon (i would like them to be relevant, but splitting a small player base further would be bad for the multiplayer aspect of the game)  So i guess all i'm sayin is that the game is going into a different direction than we had thought, and it wont be for everyone. But jumping on the forums and just trashing the content that they work hard over doesn't help anything. hopefully they look at ALL the feedback and change the game so everyone is happy, but that will be difficult cause i rly like the dragon, and some people rly hate it... That's an awkward spot to be in for trendy.

They said that this update is experimental so its always possible that they'll get multiple kinds of reactions. I hope Trendy is on a "Never say Never" stance for this.

Like I said on previous post, I'm ok with new challenges equally as hard as DK but it'll have to be something new and different. And in spirit of POTA to keep it in-theme.

@BABurrito69 quote:

Ugh this developed into a "if you dont like it so leave" post. But i mean there isn't anyone forcing you to stay, if your not having fun why play video games? I'm sure there is a game or 2 ya got lyin around you haven't played, go play those for a month or 2 and come see if this game has changed. Nothing wrong with a break, i took a break after proteon shift because the content was boring. 

The reason we're all here because we're quite passionate about the game and the franchise. Or else this wouldn't have been a good and engaging argument that we're having now.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@BABurrito69 quote:

The reason we're all here because we're quite passionate about the game and the franchise. Or else this wouldn't have been a good and engaging argument that we're having now.

I didn't say nobody is, or isn't  passionate, i'm sure we all love this game, some flaws excluded. But i wanted to say take a break from the game for a lil while to see where the game develops from here, i've needed breaks from games before, that's for sure. Destiny's content droughts and almost deceitful micro transactions made me walk away for a while, not because i hated the game, but their changes i didn't agree with. 

Well, it's an understandable point of view I guess. I've actually never truly took a break for this game. Went all the way from the Terraria Crossover till how it is now. Not sure whether how am I even going to take a break anyway. Sure, I don't play much nowadays but I've never left the community. Oh well we'll see I guess.

Funny, on how you decided to take a break at Protean Shift. We're pretty much the opposite in this case haha. That update was pretty dope for me. Trying out the new mods to climb the floors again and hunting the Protean Weapons at player shops also while trying to make some money is quite engaging and refreshing to me despite my views at gilding at the time. I would say that Barbarian's Wrath and Protean Shift was the most fun updates of 2018 personally.

Oh i loved protean shift! The mods and stuff, gilding is an awkward way of making shards reset safe, but watev. My only complaint was i rly hated 3 map/floor onslaught and i wanted a game that i was actively playing, so i jumped into warframe and had fun, i playtested proteon shift, and loved it, just with no content outside c7, it wasnt that fun for me. Also a double exp weekend hit and i grinded the same 2 maps (ruins maps) for the entire time (like 400 ascension lvls with 10 resets) i got a lil burnout i guess.

@BABurrito69 quote:

@Haven quote:

I read your whole post, seeing every side of a debate is important. and i agree with buffing incursions in some way, they have no rewards or incentives, lack luster perks, low mod lvls, and a harder version of an equal lvled expedition. and DR is  a polarizing opinion. I like DR, i understand its importance in a game with an ever increasing difficulty system, and can understand why its in the game, i respect that you have your opinion, i have read your walls about how you don't like it, and even tho we disagree, i doubt its going to be reverted, maybe.  Personally, if i was playing this game and update after update i saw changes that i hated and didn't agree with, id put the game away and find something that fits my likes/dislikes better. Its why i no longer play Warframe, fishing and mining for an endgame shooter isnt my idea of fun, as for using the market to farm platinum, gross, no ty. So after a few updates without any high lvled content, i chose to stop playing the game. Im kinda bummed, i liked that game, but their direction wasn't for me. I hate to say this, but im not sure DD2 is the game for you anymore. You have said many times, their changes have been a constant step backward for the game, for many updates now. Prolly time to pull the DD2 bullet out your foot and find something else to fill your time. Cause idk about you, but every patch, goin to the forums and going "trendy is ruining everything" would drive me up the wall and id stop playing what i felt was a game being killed by the devs.

I already went from resetting twice a day to doing a floor a day if i'm lucky. I don't think dd2 will release a patch that will make me not play it (although I wouldn't be surprised.) To throw away a game I put 1k hours+ on because the balance team doesn't know what they're doing is unlikely from my point of view. Riot has much better balance changes but sometimes they're questionable and I have 5k+ hours on league. If they release a bad patch I know they'll fix it in 2 weeks- a month and during the time it's not that great, it's still fun. DD2 on the other hand logging in I know they aren't going to fix it. They haven't fixed many towers and for the ones they do fix they overdo it. Not that long ago shocking revelations was released on a tower with an attack rate of 0.38/s and it has a 5s aoe stun. This is the balance team changing this game do I have faith? absolutely not lmao. If their balance team was changed I'd maybe see light but yeah, it probably will never get better. I'm not gonna trash 40 resets either because of a bad patch I'll just play a lot less. But me playing less doesn't fix their problems, nor the other people who still put up with their problems. Telling anyone who doesn't agree  with trendy to leave is gonna cut those 600 actives up real quick. Most conversations I have about balance if not all of them end in this way, so I wasn't too surprised. The only difference was you made it past a sentence then mentioned the leaving thing.

Sorry man had to edit that post crazy phone changed borked to worked ;)

You must been look at the post  cause I litterly. Edited after posting ;)

🙄Get over yourself dude, my min Ascension is 1170 I’m good and the Map is not hard it’s an Incursion shouldn’t  there IMO. 

@BABurrito69 quote:

Well yea you cant JUST put a wm in every lane and call it a day. that was said for simplicities sake. Simply telling me i'm a liar isn't a healthy conversation, i never once said you were anything rude. Now i did say that the game is built as a group first game, and it is, that wasn't a lie. And i used WM, lsa, rams(for frost), pdts, a few reflect beams and sgt, for my push to floor 153, with isn't a lie either as that is still on the leader board right now, with my onslaught partner. My duo partner.... Now i will totally agree, onslaught is fun, incursions are fun... once, than completely irrelevant, a  part of the game basically useless, with the only real reason to go do them is for the 600 defender medals every week. And when you have bought all the characters with defender medals you buy wayfarer weapons making farming the incursion further into obscurity, and that isn't fantastic. Now you are right, i am not the avg player, i have spent alot of time grinding for multiple gilds of many shards, and i have 1600 ish minimum ascension, ill happily show ALL of that to you if you wish to call me a liar. And i already said the map IS too difficult for the solo experience, and thats true right? My point here is simply calling somebody a liar and saying "sorry the game isnt tough enough" isnt a discussion, its you being salty that you cant beat a map that requires you to pay attention to a game. Alright, now that im done being all upset, if you would like help with the incursion in onslaught, and your on PC, ill happily help you get thro it, because i know that this game is completly brutal without knowing what to do, i went thro the chaos lvls 2 diff times, once on xbox and once on pc (i dont count reset run thros because they are a walk in the park, for anybody) 

Also i would like to know something, what makes the incursions great in your eyes? not trying to be condescending, i genuinely want to know how incursions are fantastic in your book.

@gcstephen13 quote:

🙄 you can’t put a WM on every lane, talk about being dramatic and False. Headstrong- Kursakazi- Frost Orcs give me break, and only C8 WM ignore Kurse lanes. Plus any Onslaught Past 80 has so many headstrong lanes , pretty much everything you said is an outright lie, how very Hannity of you, 

Incursions are Fantastic and Onslaught is a Lot of fun, the Incursion forced into sucks, turns it into a lot less fun and will have less people playing the game. 

I’m sorry the game Game isn’t challenging for you but for a lot it is.

@Lagmonster quote:

Heheh and an thought I was the only one to think that even with this second pass fissures are still borked 

I think the fissure nerf is dumb. It's completely uncalled for --- unless Trendy is trying to make the Initiate have some competition Emoji_GobHuntress.png

Honestly if they wanted to increase its placement range it should have came with a significant damage increase or just turn it into a flame aura and let it hit air units

@gcstephen13 quote:

🙄Get over yourself dude, my min Ascension is 1170 I’m good and the Map is not hard it’s an Incursion shouldn’t be there IMO. 

I just wanted to pop in and make sure I had this clear real fast like. So you don't hate this map because its "hard" which makes me assume it easier than Lost Temple. You don't want this map because "it (in your opinion) doesn't belong in Onslaught". Just wanna make sure I have it right.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

I'll still be waiting for gcstephen's response too but if I have to guess and though my own views too, I'll say "pretty much".

i wonder if he will get back to me when he said that incursions are wonderful "Incursions are Fantastic" was what he said, i asked him  how he thought so, and nothing. 

@Lohki quote:

@Exglint quote:

Please I'm good at the game but far from tryhard. If Onslaught was a solo mode then I guess Tuben and Reck are playing it wrong by Duoing above 600 or Gelostar and I were doing it wrong when we were duoing floors. Literally makes it 10 times easier being in a duo. Each had to give a tiny bit to play with a friend though. In both case one of the two went down a few floors to get that friend. The Draken Keep is not an incursion map, only a couple of our Incursion at this point are incursion maps, the rest have rules exactly like Onslaught. If you do consider Draken Keep as an incursion then Lost Temple most definitely is an Incursion map, with many special rules in effect at all times. New lanes per wave, random cores, random lane and boss lanes. I don't hear any complaints about that? 

As a final note stop bringing up the player base count. It helps your argument a total of 0% since you have no idea what is going on. Leave this to Trendy to worry about, unless you can tell me exact numbers for both consoles, who is logging in double accounts, who logs in for 5 mins versus 10 hours, you know the more important statistics.

Well. I play on PC and I can read the charts just as good as you or anyone else and see the average number of players logging on.  More importantly, when I hit the play game button I can see the 2-3 onslaught rooms usually starting.  On top of that, I can also see the number of players in the general chat.  I can say 99% of the games are floor 40 or below.  I've seen ONE 100+ floor game while searching for a match.   I've never had anyone join my 100+ floor matches.

So take your pick.  Look at it statistically with exact numbers from the charts or look at it with common sense from a player's point of view.  So either way, I think I can summize a general idea of what's going on.

Perhaps you play on console and have a different experience.  However, I can say if you're pushing floors duo then you're not accurately reflecting the vast majority of the player database.

Join the lower Onslaught Floors and help the newer players out, everyone complains about new players trolling and not knowing what to do, but if you go and help them it'd be easier for them to understand, when I'm bored I stop Onslaught and join C1-C4 and try and help new players, explain the shards and the do's and the how's, the discord has countless people int he #Looking for group channel alot who are above your 99% of players, which makes this statistic questionable at best.

Trendy is one of the best development teams for a game I have EVER played, not ever have I seen devs actually listen to their players, and it is the reason this game is flourishing, the player base may be dwindling but that is not your concern xD, they are amazing devs that care about the community and actually listen to feedback and apply that only for it to lash back because people don't like change.