Sign in to follow this  
BABurrito69

Thoughts on the update.

@Exglint quote:

Please I'm good at the game but far from tryhard. If Onslaught was a solo mode then I guess Tuben and Reck are playing it wrong by Duoing above 600 or Gelostar and I were doing it wrong when we were duoing floors. Literally makes it 10 times easier being in a duo. Each had to give a tiny bit to play with a friend though. In both case one of the two went down a few floors to get that friend. The Draken Keep is not an incursion map, only a couple of our Incursion at this point are incursion maps, the rest have rules exactly like Onslaught. If you do consider Draken Keep as an incursion then Lost Temple most definitely is an Incursion map, with many special rules in effect at all times. New lanes per wave, random cores, random lane and boss lanes. I don't hear any complaints about that? 

As a final note stop bringing up the player base count. It helps your argument a total of 0% since you have no idea what is going on. Leave this to Trendy to worry about, unless you can tell me exact numbers for both consoles, who is logging in double accounts, who logs in for 5 mins versus 10 hours, you know the more important statistics.

Well. I play on PC and I can read the charts just as good as you or anyone else and see the average number of players logging on.  More importantly, when I hit the play game button I can see the 2-3 onslaught rooms usually starting.  On top of that, I can also see the number of players in the general chat.  I can say 99% of the games are floor 40 or below.  I've seen ONE 100+ floor game while searching for a match.   I've never had anyone join my 100+ floor matches.

So take your pick.  Look at it statistically with exact numbers from the charts or look at it with common sense from a player's point of view.  So either way, I think I can summize a general idea of what's going on.

Perhaps you play on console and have a different experience.  However, I can say if you're pushing floors duo then you're not accurately reflecting the vast majority of the player database.

@Exglint quote:

@TMyth quote:

If this post was interpreted as me whining. It wasn't in the least.

Myth

I wasn't targeting you specifically, you were just the most recent mention of this "remove content from the game because we don't like it" type of post without having to scroll back to find another one.

None taken. I’m having no problems with onslaught and haven’t played in months and climbed 50 floors in 5 days with roughly 5 - 6 hours of play a day. The difficulty is vastly lowered compared to the original. I climbed to 114 when onslaught was first out and reset. Pretty much screwed myself. Now I’m just enjoying myself and am climbing for a base ascension of at least 1k. Which is extremely easy to obtain now which I don’t mind since I lost every single mod and piece of gear I had upped, not to mention every pet etc. I like the way it is now. It’s much less forgiving and less rage induced when a single mob used to phase through a wall or a fem orc would ignore a wall, a goblin would levitate over a wall etc.

Myth

@Lohki quote:

Well. I play on PC and I can read the charts just as good as you or anyone else and see the average number of players logging on.  More importantly, when I hit the play game button I can see the 2-3 onslaught rooms usually starting.  On top of that, I can also see the number of players in the general chat.  I can say 99% of the games are floor 40 or below.  I've seen ONE 100+ floor game while searching for a match.   I've never had anyone join my 100+ floor matches.

So take your pick.  Look at it statistically with exact numbers from the charts or look at it with common sense from a player's point of view.  So either way, I think I can summize a general idea of what's going on.

Perhaps you play on console and have a different experience.  However, I can say if you're pushing floors duo then you're not accurately reflecting the vast majority of the player database.

I play on PC too, I have friends though, its part of being social. Im actually very easy to talk to and I converse well. Something I learned being a streamer for so long. I would guess the reason no one joins your matches at 100+ is most likely A) they dont want to join and have it be someone who wants a carry B) They dont know you and you might use defenses or startegies they dont want to use ie. cheese or C) They dont know you and would much rather play with someone they know.

You can't take from vague statistics and make a definitive conclusion, just like how doing 50 rerolls and concluding the system was bad I called out as well in another thread. You need vast amounts of empirical data to conclude on research and scientific results.

@Lohki quote:

@Exglint quote:

Please I'm good at the game but far from tryhard. If Onslaught was a solo mode then I guess Tuben and Reck are playing it wrong by Duoing above 600 or Gelostar and I were doing it wrong when we were duoing floors. Literally makes it 10 times easier being in a duo. Each had to give a tiny bit to play with a friend though. In both case one of the two went down a few floors to get that friend. The Draken Keep is not an incursion map, only a couple of our Incursion at this point are incursion maps, the rest have rules exactly like Onslaught. If you do consider Draken Keep as an incursion then Lost Temple most definitely is an Incursion map, with many special rules in effect at all times. New lanes per wave, random cores, random lane and boss lanes. I don't hear any complaints about that? 

As a final note stop bringing up the player base count. It helps your argument a total of 0% since you have no idea what is going on. Leave this to Trendy to worry about, unless you can tell me exact numbers for both consoles, who is logging in double accounts, who logs in for 5 mins versus 10 hours, you know the more important statistics.

I’ve had people join me on 90, but the thing is when I play onslaught I rarely play public. Normally I like just playing myself to just build quick and get into it without worrying about keeping someone else paying attention. Not to mention that high up if people aren’t geared appropriately it just makes things harder. If they want to build is another. I enjoy building more than much else on the game. So if they want to it takes out that area for me. Also exglint is coming from an area of copious amounts of grinding for things that were hard to acquire. If you just hand that out to any casual player it’s gonna upset the more committed and dedicated players. So I can definitely understand that aspect. Regardless it’s turning into a who’s is bigger ordeal right now.

Myth

@Exglint quote:

@TMyth quote:

If this post was interpreted as me whining. It wasn't in the least.

Myth

I wasn't targeting you specifically, you were just the most recent mention of this "remove content from the game because we don't like it" type of post without having to scroll back to find another one, sorry about that if it seemed that way.

@RustyCounterweight quote:

The solution is simple; grind out a perfect tenacity (except for that that single automation that everyone has) for every tower that you want to use on the map.

You don't need this so that post was a complete waste of pixels on the screen, and so may people already know this and don't want to admit that you could very easily climb without perfect anything.

@Lohki quote:

Stop it with the tryhard attitude.  Onslaught is definitely a solo mode, especially with the playerbase numbers.  I'd consider myself an endgame climber pushing towards to the 200s.  I've done my 1000+ grind of hours and ascension and I personally DO NOT LIKE the incursion mechanics on the DK floors.  It's a great idea of incursions but it blows for solo players pushing onslaught floors.  And again, onslaught is a solo game with the game's current... and dwindling... playerbase.

It seems like you don't understand the arguments put forward by other players. For instance, calling it an "Incursion Map" is a simple way of saying a map with required interactive mid-wave mechanics. Something that primarily has existed in Incursions up to this point, which is why most people know what is meant when the new map is referred to as such. Or bringing up the playerbase when discussing the ease of duoing. If there are 999 Onslaught floors, and on average 600 players (or fewer) on at a time for a platform, simple math shows the chances of someone else wanting to start the same Onslaught floor as you around the same time as you are extremely low. Or pointing out getting perfect tenacity on all your defenses is a solution as a way of showing that just because solutions exist doesn't make them fun or accessible to the majority of the playerbase.

It's all well and good you disagree with the majority of feedback being given on the forums. But telling people to stop bringing things up or that they are a waste of pixels just because you disagree with them is counter to what Trendy themselves have stated about appreciating feedback.

I'm just going to repeat what I actually thought now that I've experienced the map a bit more though yeah, I will say that my stance didn't change that much.

I really do like the engaging aspect of the map, it is refreshing. My point of view is from a thematic side.

So I'm going to break it down here.

Expedition's challenge - The Chaos enemies that's in the game and also the power to choose maps. Regular maps.

Incursions' Challenge - Mini-game style challenges with unique enemies to spice things up. The maps has hidden mechanics that does not do anything in it's regular version until we hit incursions.

Onslaught's challenge - an endgame mode that does the mash-up with enemies from Expeditions and Incursion and also adding it's own unique twist with mutators on regular maps. And it's already established as Ancients themed. That is also why we have the lost temple.

These are established patterns and playstyles. To break it doesn't make any sense. If Onslaught needs more engaging content other than The Lost Temple, by all means add something new but it has to be Ancients themed. Expeditions is a gamemode of regular maps, so to have something incursion-like breaks the pattern.

This is also why incursion badly needs a rework, I really like the maps with hidden map mechanics that's meant to be used in incursions. It's really interesting. I totally understand why DK isn't in Incursion as this mode is a one and done event and that is why this gamemode needs a major rework.

And one more thing there. And this really breaks the theme - what is Captain Dreadbones doing in Expeditions? He belongs in incursion. Only onslaught is meant to do the mash-up. This really breaks the pattern and I see no reason why this pattern should be broken. 

Like I said I like the mechanics but they all are at the wrong place to the point that I'll have to say that it's a bit messy. This is not about the difficulty so those who get bent out of shape don't need attack me on this. This is about keeping different experiences separate instead of lumping all of them together.

Honestly I really don't like the Drakenlord at lower levels. The last thing I want when I'm chain running c4s for shards is to have to engage more with the game. I want to do as little as possible so I can multitask and do more productive things while taking on the utterly sisyphean task that is gilding shards.

@PHPH quote:

Honestly I really don't like the Drakenlord at lower levels. The last thing I want when I'm chain running c4s for shards is to have to engage more with the game. I want to do as little as possible so I can multitask and do more productive things while taking on the utterly sisyphean task that is gilding shards.

I suspect someone will tell you that you can just reroll, but honestly, that's a really flawed argument in term of farming.

@Exglint quote:

The Draken Keep is not an incursion map, only a couple of our Incursion at this point are incursion maps, the rest have rules exactly like Onslaught. If you do consider Draken Keep as an incursion then Lost Temple most definitely is an Incursion map, with many special rules in effect at all times. New lanes per wave, random cores, random lane and boss lanes. I don't hear any complaints about that? 

Because from the start Onslaught has been established that it's Ancient themed. That map is built with only one intentional mechanic which is the interchangeable and shifting aspect to go with the mutators. Unlike other incursion maps like Altar of the Athame (Crumbled Bulwark) or Spectral Assault (Unholy Catacombs), there's no point in putting in a regular version as that would defeat the purpose of it's mechanics and how the map is built. It's already been established as the gamemode's unique challenge point.

If you think DK isn't an incursion, that map is also similar to Betsy or Harbinger. If The Wyvern's Den or Harbinger's Warship isn't in Expeditions or Onslaught, then why start with Drakenfrost Keep?

Also if you think DK has rules like Onslaught, then it shouldn't even be in Expedition in the least as no regular maps has an infinite 6th wave.

I would agree that there's are incursion that is very similar to the rule like Onslaught and hardly interesting, and that's why I do think they're desperately in need of some reworks.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@PHPH quote:

I suspect someone will tell you that you can just reroll, but honestly, that's a really flawed argument in term of farming.

Reroll and lose the streak bonus shard pack? That's not an option.

And I'm not really arguing anything. I just don't like that shard farming, especially if you're trying to gild shards, requires literally thousands, and probably more, runs through low level content. At that point, chaining that content had better allow me to engage minimally with the game so I can do other things, or it's just not worth doing. 

It was tolerable before because, as I said, I could get work done while just tabbing in hitting "g" every couple minutes, or running and one shotting a siege roller. Now, I have to check whether there's a Drakenlord as well. It makes something that was already horrendously tedious into something even more horrendously tedious, and I think that's a negative for this specific thing.

I'm saying a pretty narrow thing that's not even directly about the drakenlord.

@PHPH quote:

Reroll and lose the streak bonus shard pack? That's not an option.

And I'm not really arguing anything. I just don't like that shard farming, especially if you're trying to gild shards, requires literally thousands, and probably more, runs through low level content. At that point, chaining that content had better allow me to engage minimally with the game so I can do other things, or it's just not worth doing. 

It was tolerable before because, as I said, I could get work done while just tabbing in hitting "g" every couple minutes, or running and one shotting a siege roller. Now, I have to check whether there's a Drakenlord as well. It makes something that was already horrendously tedious into something even more horrendously tedious, and I think that's a negative for this specific thing.

I'm saying a pretty narrow thing that's not even directly about the drakenlord.

Oh! Sorry about that if you're interpreting that I'm arguing or I'm thinking that you're arguing. I actually meant that the supposed argument of rerolling maps is quite a flawed argument to use against you.

I totally have forgotten about the bonus shard packs. I was thinking in terms of game design but with that bonus I think your stance is even stronger against the argument of rerolling.

And yeah, I would quite agree with you about the aspect of gilding. But that topic is for another time I guess.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

If you think DK isn't an incursion, that map is also similar to Betsy or Harbinger. If The Wyvern's Den or Harbinger's Warship isn't in Expeditions or Onslaught, then why start with Drakenfrost Keep?

In this instance, wouldn't we want to continue forward instead of reverting. Having Betsy and Harbinger are ASKED FOR additions by the community. Why would they put them in now if everyone is just going to hate because "They have to do something different"? Doesn't make any sense to me, also my #1 most hated thing in Onslaught was running the same boring over used crappy map everywhere, Lost Temple. Started Gorgeous ended up being absolute cancer. I very much welcome having Betsy and Harby added to Onslaught to break up the repetition crap even more.

@Tolkmit quote:

It seems like you don't understand the arguments put forward by other players. For instance, calling it an "Incursion Map" is a simple way of saying a map with required interactive mid-wave mechanics. Something that primarily has existed in Incursions up to this point, which is why most people know what is meant when the new map is referred to as such. Or bringing up the playerbase when discussing the ease of duoing. If there are 999 Onslaught floors, and on average 600 players (or fewer) on at a time for a platform, simple math shows the chances of someone else wanting to start the same Onslaught floor as you around the same time as you are extremely low. Or pointing out getting perfect tenacity on all your defenses is a solution as a way of showing that just because solutions exist doesn't make them fun or accessible to the majority of the playerbase.

It's all well and good you disagree with the majority of feedback being given on the forums. But telling people to stop bringing things up or that they are a waste of pixels just because you disagree with them is counter to what Trendy themselves have stated about appreciating feedback.

"Mid-wave mechanics" Chrome Enemies, Wyvern Enth, Griblok's Horde, Forest Poachers, and Revenge of the Yeti would all like a word with that description. All of these maps have nothing special that needs to be done once built, you can afk and win.

I make friends practically everyday, so if you cant find someone to play with I would say you aren't trying hard enough or your standards are too high.

Pointing out Tenacity as a solution wasn't me but I'll group that with the last point. It is one of the solutions, its not a great one, and many won't be able to do it. This is why I chastised him for it. He was being a smarta## and I treated him like one. Far from constructive if I do say so myself. There are many solutions to all these problems.

@Whatever Gunwitch quote:

[There was a pic here but it was big lol]

I'm sorry the meme was stronger than me

This was pretty funny, mainly because I'm called on it so much. The truth is, I know what its like to be where Trendy is, its a hard job, mistakes will be made, and sometimes you cant undo them as easily as you put them in. The level of non constructive criticism they have received over the last few patches is just horrendous. To top that, the amount of idea suggestions they have received that only go to make the game boring easy is astounding. I'm still waiting on the next "please gib 'I win' button" thread, because those are always the funniest to read.

So far I have read a lot of feedback on this Drakenfrost Keep stuff and honestly so much of it can be summarized as "I don't like this, take it out". Great feedback, sure. Except there was no reason to why you hate it except "It hard". Fogshooters brought up a good point, Onslaught was themed around Ancient stuff, if we look at it, the Drakenlord was released by the flair we took from the map secret, prior to that he was sealed, he could be very well Ancient. I foresee more pain in the future as most may have forgotten that we did the same when we lost the Plunderer's Paradise map and it revealed a very large eye behind crystals, another Ancient.

Exglint

It's about understanding the player base as well. I'm not arguing for the map to go away. I'm arguing for it to be placed in the right spot for the right people. Not everyone is a professional seat warmer. As far making friends, that's easy. Synching your already busy schedule to someone else so that you can be on the exact same floor when time is an issue makes onslaught a solo game.

For Instance, if Hard-core Onslaught players like that map so much, start doing that at flr 89 or whenever players that asked for that style of play want it to start above that.

@Exglint quote:

"Mid-wave mechanics" Chrome Enemies, Wyvern Enth, Griblok's Horde, Forest Poachers, and Revenge of the Yeti would all like a word with that description. All of these maps have nothing special that needs to be done once built, you can afk and win.

I make friends practically everyday, so if you cant find someone to play with I would say you aren't trying hard enough or your standards are too high.

Pointing out Tenacity as a solution wasn't me but I'll group that with the last point. It is one of the solutions, its not a great one, and many won't be able to do it. This is why I chastised him for it. He was being a smarta## and I treated him like one. Far from constructive if I do say so myself. There are many solutions to all these problems.

This was pretty funny, mainly because I'm called on it so much. The truth is, I know what its like to be where Trendy is, its a hard job, mistakes will be made, and sometimes you cant undo them as easily as you put them in. The level of non constructive criticism they have received over the last few patches is just horrendous. To top that, the amount of idea suggestions they have received that only go to make the game boring easy is astounding. I'm still waiting on the next "please gib 'I win' button" thread, because those are always the funniest to read.

Pointing out not all Incursions have required mid-wave mechanics has nothing to do with the fact Incursions are primarily where that is found, which is the reason the new map is called an Incursion map.

Pointing out you can make friends has nothing to do with the fact the game's player-base isn't large enough for the average player to find someone who wants to start the same Onslaught floor around the same time as they do.

Pointing out there are ways around the current common complaints is missing the point. The stuff you are suggesting is neither fun, nor accessible to a lot of the player-base. Most players can't just play anytime they want, so finding someone and synching your Onslaught climb to theirs is unrealistic, and avoiding Onslaught unless your friend is on isn't fun. Just like how most players can't put in 40+ hours a week, so just grinding out a bunch of perfect tenacity MODS is unrealistic, and isn't fun; which is why it was brought up. As a way of pointing out just because solutions exist doesn't make them realistic or enjoyable.

Negative feedback can still be constructive feedback. Letting Trendy know certain things aren't liked I'm sure sucks for them, but that's not a reason to suggest people shouldn't be posting it. Though I do think it's more helpful if people point out the stuff they do like at the same time as pointing out the stuff they don't.

Players not wanting the new map to be in Onslaught might be construed as wanting the game to be easier. But the vast majority of the time, player feedback the last few months hasn't been asking for content to be easier, it's asking for things to be less time consuming. How much time is required is separate from how much skill is required. Asking for the game to require less time isn't asking for an "I win" button.

@Exglint quote:
@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

In this instance, wouldn't we want to continue forward instead of reverting. Having Betsy and Harbinger are ASKED FOR additions by the community. Why would they put them in now if everyone is just going to hate because "They have to do something different"? Doesn't make any sense to me, also my #1 most hated thing in Onslaught was running the same boring over used crappy map everywhere, Lost Temple. Started Gorgeous ended up being absolute cancer. I very much welcome having Betsy and Harby added to Onslaught to break up the repetition crap even more.

I would rather them both be in incursions like how PVZ place the boss battle in the mini-game section. But I will certainly welcome the map without the bosses to be in the Onslaught rotation. The current map rotation still does get stale even with the new hard map and easy map gating stuffs.

The big point of why "they have to do something different" is, if everything is going to be the same, what's the point of having multiple gamemodes? Might as well mash everything into Onslaught and Expeditions and call it a day. If you start with DK, betsy and harbinger, you might as well every time be when you hit Unholy Catacombs, Crumble Bulwark, Little Horn Valley or Buried Bastille in both gamemodes, you instead play their incursion version. No more regular version. Now how's that going to be? And what's next then? Bastille Master in Expeditions Little-Horn Valley? Now that Cap'n Dreadbones and Drakenlord is in Expeditions.

The whole order of what themes and gameplay styles is supposed to establish will be completely broken.

Fogshooters brought up a good point, Onslaught was themed around Ancient stuff, if we look at it, the Drakenlord was released by the flair we took from the map secret, prior to that he was sealed, he could be very well Ancient. I foresee more pain in the future as most may have forgotten that we did the same when we lost the Plunderer's Paradise map and it revealed a very large eye behind crystals, another Ancient.

When I said Ancients, I kinda actually meant Mananode-type Ancients. Forgotten Ruins and Nimbus Reach-type Ancients. Isomicon-type Ancients. POTA-type Ancients. Not just any ancients.

I don't know whether is the drakenfrost related with those ancients. Drakenfrost Keep doesn't seem to have anything ancient-y green in it. And that large eye in Plunderer's Paradise actually belongs to an Old One which is an Eldritch. It is ancient but not those Ancients I was talking about.

So if you want something other than the lost temple since you're sick of it (and I would agree with that, Lost Temple is losing the glamour for me too), I have no problem with that with more or less difficulty, but it has to be POTA-type to keep the uniqueness and order of the themes. This update is really starting to blur the lines.

Sorry if my tone feels like I'm attacking. Wasn't intentional. I didn't realize until I re-read those whole thing. Just trying to state my points and getting a bit worked-up :)

🙄🙄 That’s all we do is spend time on this game, this post is so ignorant. And Yes Onslaught is a solo mode for the most part, 9 out 10 no one joins. When I was on floor 118 no one joined— Now I do have a buddy that plays with me, unfortunately I’m Prestiging and can’t continue with him.

The Reasons people are having issues is it’s an INCURSION Map!😄  This is not that hard.

Onslaught is fantastic the way it was, what would be nice is if they actually opened up all maps for any floor. What Tredy did was a  colossally bad idea.  I still love this game, but unless something is fixed I’m done. 

@Exglint quote:

@TMyth quote:

Would you consider removing the complete freeze of a tower and make it where it's like a frost orc in a specific area and lower the fire rate and defense power of the defense? That way it weakens the lane but doesn't make it completely disabled due to dark assassins that latch on you and you can't get them off til the defenses are unfrozen.

I've seen this come up a few times, Dark Assassin, Dark Assassin, Dark Assassin. Honestly, this is Onslaught a mode that can thrown anything at you from any lane at any time. On top of this people have literally cried so much to the point that climbing floor for glory is destroyed. This mode is so boringly easy now due to all these changes.

No, do not remove this freeze mechanic and do not change this boss or this map. Everyone should be creating counter measures for this. Each lane should have a specific build and specific defenses that work the best against them. Our game has devolved away from this to "Just use hornets and slimes until win" "Just use WM and sleep for a few mins". Truthfully its exhausting watching people stroll through content that would actually be really cool if it worked as intended, where each lane required something different and the whole time making sure that anytime it got hard to go to the forums with it.

If you have Dark Assassins, then you should have a counter for them, if the are headstrong then you make an old school endgame c5 "death pit". These are things we used to have to do even without stun immunity. More over Onslaught isn't a solo mode, players are making it that way, if I reach out I'm 100% positive that I can make a friend and climb through Onslaught Duo or Trio. This would solve whatever problem you have with Headstrong Dark Assassins. 

The solutions are there, no one wants to take the time to do any of it.

Is onslaught fantastic tho? Me and my Onslaught buddy breezed through floors all the way to 153, the ONLY reason we stopped was because we wanted to reset, our defenses were still killing everything at the doorway. I sat on my phone for 130 of those floors, rarely caring about the experience. Now i'm not going to argue with you, we most likely enjoy different things, that's fine. But when i am personally playing a video game, my LAST thought is "what else can i be doing?" No i don't want to play a game where ALL i do, is build a map and hit G, that's boring, we do that all the time farming, so when i pop into onslaught, i want the time i spent farming, the choice of mods, and how i setup my gear, character and such to be put to the test. Incursions, and their mechanics, fill that roll wonderfly!, but they don't matter at all. so trendy put one map in, every 10 floors, with ONE mechanic, and over tuned it to where its a nightmare to do solo. With the amount of work they put into that map and the experience, they wont just go "goodbye silly dragon, your frost breath is too "incursiony" for the playerbase" And as much as i hate saying it (i am 99% a solo player) this game at its foundation IS a group game, the changes to multiplayer and social experiences only reinforce that. Now i 100% will advocate for solo playability (one of the reasons i got board of warframe and destiny, and why im still here) and the Onslaught keep map is tough solo, no doubt, but they have been making efforts that EVERYONE can plainly see (communities for cryin out loud) to fix the lack of group dynamic, slowly but surely. I guarentee, they can tweak the map into a playable state solo, without removing one of the coolest additions to the game inna while, that silly dragon that ate too many mints. 

@gcstephen13 quote:

🙄🙄 That’s all we do is spend time on this game, this post so ignorant. And Yes Onslaught is a solo mode for the most part, 9 out 10 no one joins. When I was on floor 118 no one joined— Now I do have a buddy that plays with me, unfortunately I’m Prestiging and can’t continue with him.

The Reasons people are having issues is it’s an INCURSION Map!😄  This is not that hard.

Onslaught is fantastic the way it was, what would be nice is if they actually opened up all maps for any floor. What Tredy did was a  colossally bad idea.  I still love this game, but unless something is fixed I’m done. 

"And Yes Onslaught is a solo mode for the most part, 9 out 10 no one joins." You are right nobody joins, But the discord is flooded with "lfg floor XX" This whole franchise was built on group dynamics, and while that feeling has been muddied with the multiplayer scaling, they have been heavily emphasizing coop play for a while in each new content drop. The only thing they haven't done is FORCE people to play in groups (well kinda with the public/ private match bug, but that wasn't intentional) They built onslaught from the ground up with coop in mind, and almost expected. Remember how bad frosties were to counter solo originally? Two (or 3) Frost lanes and you either rerolled or did 2 extra maps that floor just to get your rerolls back, no thx, thats not, or will ever be called fantastic for me.

So i welcome the new onslaught, bring me more incursions in my onslaught. Bring me an actual challenge when i wanna go up a floor or 2, and not just slapping down WM in every lane, hitting G and popping on some YouTube waiting for the map to finish. If this isn't your cup of tea, i do understand, if you want to afk your day away, there are game modes for you, expeditions. Now if you wanna progress as a solo player? Well than i do agree that the drakenfrost keep should be a bit more solo friendly, because wow its unforgiving, could you imagine if replay from wave was disabled? eww

Anyway, i hope that this isn't just kindling for the trashfire that is this post. 

1400x1400_10970003.jpg

@BABurrito69 quote:

Is onslaught fantastic tho? Me and my Onslaught buddy breezed through floors all the way to 153, the ONLY reason we stopped was because we wanted to reset, our defenses were still killing everything at the doorway. I sat on my phone for 130 of those floors, rarely caring about the experience. Now i'm not going to argue with you, we most likely enjoy different things, that's fine. But when i am personally playing a video game, my LAST thought is "what else can i be doing?" No i don't want to play a game where ALL i do, is build a map and hit G, that's boring, we do that all the time farming, so when i pop into onslaught, i want the time i spent farming, the choice of mods, and how i setup my gear, character and such to be put to the test. Incursions, and their mechanics, fill that roll wonderfly!, but they don't matter at all. so trendy put one map in, every 10 floors, with ONE mechanic, and over tuned it to where its a nightmare to do solo. With the amount of work they put into that map and the experience, they wont just go "goodbye silly dragon, your frost breath is too "incursiony" for the playerbase" 

While you want that and that's not wrong either but there are also some of us who liked the available diversity of gamemodes during the days of pre-trials. Each is unique in it's own way. Defense, Incursion and Onslaught. Each has it's unique own gameplay style and loot pool. And that's one of the stuff that I like about DD2 and I'll always be waiting for this to return in full glory.

And that is why I'll always disagree with lumping everything together. Sure some mash-ups is always nice and Pre-drakenfrost Onslaught perfectly fits that. But if it's overdone and this keeps going on that way, it's possible that none of the gamemode will made any difference or even matter as it's all just the same.

I'm sure that there are other ways to sate the hunger for challenges. The incursion gamemode has good potential to be something awesome by itself. I don't really want it cannibalized just for some need of challenges by some higher players. A good example is The Lost Temple and although it's a pain now, it's still a unique challenge that differs from how incursion is.

And seriously, I'm willing to let go of my stance on gilding as I would rather have gameplay diversity which is one of the core aspects.

I'm not sure we're getting anywhere so I guess we're deadlocked as both of us groups feel about our views real strongly. But I certainly hope Trendy takes each and everyone of us' feedback real seriously.

I do rly want incursions to be relevant, i prolly sounded against that but im not. I think having many different game modes is good for a game, however having the ability to mix and match parts of other game modes is what often times makes the best parts of games. this very game is a mashup of a diablo styled loot hunt, with a slow methodic tower defense, at least in spirit. So yes, i want modes to be different and unique, but walling off these sections rigidly creates stale, and unoriginal content, forcing yourself to adhere to very strict rules. Being able to take and move ideas around and play with a formula isnt a bad thing. But i 100% agree, trendy should look at everybody's perspective when looking at feedback, and i think they do the best they can given an awkward situation, for an odd game.

🙄 you can’t put a WM on every lane, talk about being dramatic and False. Headstrong- Kursakazi- Frost Orcs give me break, and only C8 WM ignore Kurse lanes. Plus any Onslaught Past 80 has so many headstrong lanes , pretty much everything you said is an outright lie, how very Hannity of you, 

Incursions are Fantastic and Onslaught is a Lot of fun, the Incursion forced into sucks, turns it into a lot less fun and will have less people playing the game. 

I’m sorry the game Game isn’t challenging for you but for a lot it is.

@BABurrito69 quote:

Is onslaught fantastic tho? Me and my Onslaught buddy breezed through floors all the way to 153, the ONLY reason we stopped was because we wanted to reset, our defenses were still killing everything at the doorway. I sat on my phone for 130 of those floors, rarely caring about the experience. Now i'm not going to argue with you, we most likely enjoy different things, that's fine. But when i am personally playing a video game, my LAST thought is "what else can i be doing?" No i don't want to play a game where ALL i do, is build a map and hit G, that's boring, we do that all the time farming, so when i pop into onslaught, i want the time i spent farming, the choice of mods, and how i setup my gear, character and such to be put to the test. Incursions, and their mechanics, fill that roll wonderfly!, but they don't matter at all. so trendy put one map in, every 10 floors, with ONE mechanic, and over tuned it to where its a nightmare to do solo. With the amount of work they put into that map and the experience, they wont just go "goodbye silly dragon, your frost breath is too "incursiony" for the playerbase" And as much as i hate saying it (i am 99% a solo player) this game at its foundation IS a group game, the changes to multiplayer and social experiences only reinforce that. Now i 100% will advocate for solo playability (one of the reasons i got board of warframe and destiny, and why im still here) and the Onslaught keep map is tough solo, no doubt, but they have been making efforts that EVERYONE can plainly see (communities for cryin out loud) to fix the lack of group dynamic, slowly but surely. I guarentee, they can tweak the map into a playable state solo, without removing one of the coolest additions to the game inna while, that silly dragon that ate too many mints. 

@gcstephen13 quote:

🙄🙄 That’s all we do is spend time on this game, this post so ignorant. And Yes Onslaught is a solo mode for the most part, 9 out 10 no one joins. When I was on floor 118 no one joined— Now I do have a buddy that plays with me, unfortunately I’m Prestiging and can’t continue with him.

"And Yes Onslaught is a solo mode for the most part, 9 out 10 no one joins." You are right nobody joins, But the discord is flooded with "lfg floor XX" This whole franchise was built on group dynamics, and while that feeling has been muddied with the multiplayer scaling, they have been heavily emphasizing coop play for a while in each new content drop. The only thing they haven't done is FORCE people to play in groups (well kinda with the public/ private match bug, but that wasn't intentional) They built onslaught from the ground up with coop in mind, and almost expected. Remember how bad frosties were to counter solo originally? Two (or 3) Frost lanes and you either rerolled or did 2 extra maps that floor just to get your rerolls back, no thx, thats not, or will ever be called fantastic for me.

So i welcome the new onslaught, bring me more incursions in my onslaught. Bring me an actual challenge when i wanna go up a floor or 2, and not just slapping down WM in every lane, hitting G and popping on some YouTube waiting for the map to finish. If this isn't your cup of tea, i do understand, if you want to afk your day away, there are game modes for you, expeditions. Now if you wanna progress as a solo player? Well than i do agree that the drakenfrost keep should be a bit more solo friendly, because wow its unforgiving, could you imagine if replay from wave was disabled? eww

Anyway, i hope that this isn't just kindling for the trashfire that is this post. 

1400x1400_10970003.jpg

Well yea you cant JUST put a wm in every lane and call it a day. that was said for simplicities sake. Simply telling me i'm a liar isn't a healthy conversation, i never once said you were anything rude. Now i did say that the game is built as a group first game, and it is, that wasn't a lie. And i used WM, lsa, rams(for frost), pdts, a few reflect beams and sgt, for my push to floor 153, with isn't a lie either as that is still on the leader board right now, with my onslaught partner. My duo partner.... Now i will totally agree, onslaught is fun, incursions are fun... once, than completely irrelevant, a  part of the game basically useless, with the only real reason to go do them is for the 600 defender medals every week. And when you have bought all the characters with defender medals you buy wayfarer weapons making farming the incursion further into obscurity, and that isn't fantastic. Now you are right, i am not the avg player, i have spent alot of time grinding for multiple gilds of many shards, and i have 1600 ish minimum ascension, ill happily show ALL of that to you if you wish to call me a liar. And i already said the map IS too difficult for the solo experience, and thats true right? My point here is simply calling somebody a liar and saying "sorry the game isnt tough enough" isnt a discussion, its you being salty that you cant beat a map that requires you to pay attention to a game. Alright, now that im done being all upset, if you would like help with the incursion in onslaught, and your on PC, ill happily help you get thro it, because i know that this game is completly brutal without knowing what to do, i went thro the chaos lvls 2 diff times, once on xbox and once on pc (i dont count reset run thros because they are a walk in the park, for anybody) 

Also i would like to know something, what makes the incursions great in your eyes? not trying to be condescending, i genuinely want to know how incursions are fantastic in your book.

@gcstephen13 quote:

🙄 you can’t put a WM on every lane, talk about being dramatic and False. Headstrong- Kursakazi- Frost Orcs give me break, and only C8 WM ignore Kurse lanes. Plus any Onslaught Past 80 has so many headstrong lanes , pretty much everything you said is an outright lie, how very Hannity of you, 

Incursions are Fantastic and Onslaught is a Lot of fun, the Incursion forced into sucks, turns it into a lot less fun and will have less people playing the game. 

I’m sorry the game Game isn’t challenging for you but for a lot it is.