Sign in to follow this  
BABurrito69

Thoughts on the update.

@Zaurux quote:

I would love it if you could share one example of someone asking for incursions in onslaught. Stating that you are working backwards is not a misguided opinion, it is a fact that is proven with the majority of your updates when charts show anywhere from 10-30% of the current playerbase leaving soon after your poor choices in an update. Sooner you realize this, sooner you can have a chance to make this game as good as it could be. None of you working there even push high onslaughts or play tons to know whats needed. You need to consult the top 5-10 players per gaming device and ask them to all give you a detailed description of what they would like to see changed and implemented . Give them 1 week. I guarantee their responses will be far better than what you all could come up with. Also there is no "cool rewards" from this new forced incursion. Just like there is no reason for anyone to push past 80 that you all continue to ignore, but thats a whole other topic in itself.

LAWLTA stayed: “players have been asking for new enemies/mini bosses/bosses for a very long time” ; I would love if you could point out where you jumped to your conclusion? Did you even read LAWLTA’s response? 

Also, to further backup that point, I welcome the inclusion of bosses into onslaught. It Spices things up and requires you to develop new strategies. And if that’s too hard, then maybe tower defence isn’t for you. 

Also, the update has barely been out two days... give it a rest. How about providing constructive criticism, rather than bickering that’s relative to a spoilt brat not getting their way? Point being, nobody likes a moody Margret, especially the devs. They’re trying their best with this game, just for disrespectful, immature players to whine all day long towards them, who also likely haven’t spent a single penny on the game. Also, it’s not forced. They’re not holding a gun to your head demanding you play onslaught, right? No, they aren’t. 

And I will ask you that did you even read his response carefully too?

You want constructive criticism, yet you're calling out those as spoilt brats, immature and disrespectful. 

Yes, we all want more new enemies, mini-bosses and bosses. But, he said did we ask for incursions in Onslaught.

@gcstephen13 quote:

I  actually love  The Mod  Re- Rolls ,  it should be hard to get a perfect 10 .  The only thing from the Hotfix that I like still .😄

Why should it be hard?

First of all, hundreds (if not thousands) of hours of afk grinding a luck system isnt hard, its just a time sink, that allows players blessed with good luck to progress at a much more streamlined, much less game quit inducing afk grind. 

C8 gear is very material and time consuming to make. When making c8 gear you are making it for progression in onslaught so you want to use perfect mods, otherwise replacing them later gets even more expensive.

Theres really no reason for 7 of the mod tiers, we have 3 tiers of usefulness.

current 1/10-7/10 for new players trying to build up to chaos 7

8/10 or 9/10 for players breaking into onslaught

10/10 progressing in late onslaught.

Pre trials we had a rng stat system on gear and they got rid of it for shards, literally saying that grinding for rng stats isnt fun. 2 years later we are back to a much worse version of that system.

Also mod rerolls are super fun when you go through 300 of them and 1/3 of those are 1/10

@Haven quote:

LAWLTA stayed: “players have been asking for new enemies/mini bosses/bosses for a very long time” ; I would love if you could point out where you jumped to your conclusion? Did you even read LAWLTA’s response? 

Also, to further backup that point, I welcome the inclusion of bosses into onslaught. It Spices things up and requires you to develop new strategies. And if that’s too hard, then maybe tower defence isn’t for you. 

Lawlta could've just said the players wanted the game to die and we have no way to check majority of that so I'm not even going to bother with the first paragraph lawlta posted. The second paragraph he said "Players want engaging epic moments with cool rewards"

The dragon looks cool flying around, but is there really cool rewards? Not really. There's also not much engaging except for sit on one spot with a ranged hero and shoot the fires so your defenses continue to work(pray you don't get headstrong assassins). If anything this is just tedious not difficult. This looks like an incursion, I wouldn't mind if the boss just came out of a lane like a normal boss; but you're forced to do this incursion every 10 floors for no real reason. This just seems like a 'you can't afk' floor  just like the original release of siege rollers. To tell him to say 'don't play tower defense' is kind of a dumb statement because it's not the game he signed up for. If he wanted incursions he'd go play those. I don't know much about him but he said he does onslaught pushing, why would someone in late game content want to play tag with a bonfire in this new minigame?

the new boss is whatever but to force this game of incursion tag every 10 floors and in chaos was not a good move in my opinion. Instead of making an incursion dead content they made the brand new map dead content because everyone is going to play the other frost map so they don't have to play minigames.

Yeah I agree. I think the real problem is how onslaught was designed, not only after floor 80 it's really un-rewarding but also you'll be alone for most of the time. Incursions on onslaught would be ok if you would find a party of 4 people easily, but honestly why would I want to play a non-engaging mini-game at floor 184 by myself? No thanks.

Only games that cater the social aspect can survive, and dd2 has done that pretty poorly. After 5 years there is still no way to DM someone, like really?

And of course majority of people are not incentivized to climb, when most of the content will be alone climbing.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@Zaurux quote:

I would love it if you could share one example of someone asking for incursions in onslaught. Stating that you are working backwards is not a misguided opinion, it is a fact that is proven with the majority of your updates when charts show anywhere from 10-30% of the current playerbase leaving soon after your poor choices in an update. Sooner you realize this, sooner you can have a chance to make this game as good as it could be. None of you working there even push high onslaughts or play tons to know whats needed. You need to consult the top 5-10 players per gaming device and ask them to all give you a detailed description of what they would like to see changed and implemented . Give them 1 week. I guarantee their responses will be far better than what you all could come up with. Also there is no "cool rewards" from this new forced incursion. Just like there is no reason for anyone to push past 80 that you all continue to ignore, but thats a whole other topic in itself.

Also, the update has barely been out two days... give it a rest. How about providing constructive criticism, rather than bickering that’s relative to a spoilt brat not getting their way? Point being, nobody likes a moody Margret, especially the devs. They’re trying their best with this game, just for disrespectful, immature players to whine all day long towards them, who also likely haven’t spent a single penny on the game. Also, it’s not forced. They’re not holding a gun to your head demanding you play onslaught, right? No, they aren’t. 

And I will ask you that did you even read his response carefully too?

You want constructive criticism, yet you're calling out those as spoilt brats, immature and disrespectful. 

Yes, we all want more new enemies, mini-bosses and bosses. But, he said did we ask for incursions in Onslaught.

As a matter of fact, I did read his response. 

Look, The reason for me calling these groups of people out, is because these people only see things from their own biased perspective. The second there’s any sort of change, off to the forums they go to shout abuse at the dev team. They don’t even bother trying out new strategies, which if they did, they wouldn’t be on the forums whining in the first place. Too many people get caught up in their emotions, rather than looking at things from a logical perspective.

@Haven quote:

just for disrespectful, immature players to whine all day long towards them, who also likely haven’t spent a single penny on the game. 

1dad48e8d1e7383a45f2a327efe0da15.png

... you’re missing the point. The game is free to play, with a small majority of players contributing towards server upkeep and development costs via in game purchases. In most cases, it’s the ones who don’t contribute anything, that get on the forums after every single update to have a go at the development team. They’re already getting a game for free, using somebody’s server bandwidth for free, and yet still think they have some divine right to complain. 

Just to keep things civil here:

Paying players and free players feedback is equal in our eyes. Their experience may be different if they don't spend money, and it's good to get that perspective, it let's us continuously evolve the game to be as inclusive as possible. While we are also a business, and financials are important, we're game devs who really want to make insanely cool things so that we and our players can have fun.

The most important thing to walk away from is providing constructive feedback. "I did not like this feature because of X, Y, and Z" is a great way to handle that. What we have increasingly been doing a better job of is promoting that type of interaction, because it shows respect when presenting feedback. If we ever came on the forums and said "too bad, get rekt kid, Y O U SU C K, pay us", we'd completely understand negative/condescending behavior, as we set the tone, but (as far as I'm aware) we have done nothing but tried to make sure there is a bridge of respect able to be taken. Avoiding getting too subjective and emotionally charged makes it easier for us to dissect the things that need to be looked at and really create effective change. It also prevents people from attacking one another, when this game should be about people coming together in one way or another, and enjoying the experience. It's something we're continuing to work towards. 

We might not get it right the first time, or even the second time, but it's something we're committed to taking a swing at until we get there.

@Zaurux quote:

@Haven quote:

just for disrespectful, immature players to whine all day long towards them, who also likely haven’t spent a single penny on the game. 

... you’re missing the point. The game is free to play, with a small majority of players contributing towards server upkeep and development costs via in game purchases. In most cases, it’s the ones who don’t contribute anything, that get on the forums after every single update to have a go at the development team. They’re already getting a game for free, using somebody’s server bandwidth for free, and yet still think they have some divine right to complain. 

I wouldn't try to guess which demographic is complaining most, those that play without paying vs. those that play and pay.

I have some strong critical feelings about the game's direction and think the size of its player base should be of concern to those who seem to find no fault with it, almost no matter what they do. I'm far, far, far from being a freebie player over the lifetime of the game.

@Zaurux quote:

@Haven quote:

I got the point, that's why I made fun of it. Even if it did matter if they spent money or not you have no idea if they did, you're just assuming things about the person that you don't even know.

I agree with the posts above. Shouldn't go around assuming the demographic. Who says the people complaining or not the  ones who have sank hours into the game, recognized the hard work of the developers, bought stuff in support, then feel like if they got punched in the face with some of these changes. Only Trendy knows the demographic and they really should look at differentiating who plays their game and why.

I have spent a lot on the Game( Xbox) Over 100 easily, probably closer to 200, and my Bro TurdFergusonXX has spent hundreds of dollars, he wants every outfit.  I love the work  they put into the game, I love this game. I procrastinate when I should be painting  to play this game, I have RDR2 sitting here because this game I like more.

I put in a ton of time in this, I’m 16 on the leaderboards in AP (Xbox) and  at one point I was 13 on Onslaught- before the Replay Temple Map came in, I’m Prestigeing over and over now.

So when I say I’m not playing an incursion Map on Onslaught I mean it, I Love Onslaught it’s hands down my favorite mode. I love Trendy but for me they Ruined it, If they wanted  to help with actual stuff on Onslaught maybe every Re -Roll should not be  assault on the throne room , over and over again. Or assault  on ramparts over and over again. All these maps and I Re- Roll and get those all the time  ... please😄😄.

I’m sorry but at least on a Xbox most people hate Temple Map, I like it but it’s flawed. So Clearly Trendy lacks a Nate Silver working for them.😉

As an artist you always think you can make it better,  but sometimes all you do is make it muddy and Ruin what was already great to begin with.

Unfortunately Until The Incursion is gone on Onslaught  I’m done, I wish Trendy the best and have happy holidays , and to the Artist keep up the great work! 👍🏻

@Zaurux quote:

@Haven quote:

@gcstephen13 quote

Unfortunately Until The Incursion is gone on Onslaught  I’m done, I wish Trendy the best and have happy holidays , and to the Artist keep up the great work! 👍🏻

I'm with you. time to catch up on what's available in my game pass and premier origin acces subscriptions.

@LAWLTA quote:

Paying players and free players feedback is equal in our eyes. Their experience may be different if they don't spend money, and it's good to get that perspective, it let's us continuously evolve the game to be as inclusive as possible. While we are also a business, and financials are important, we're game devs who really want to make insanely cool things so that we and our players can have fun.

The most important thing to walk away from is providing constructive feedback. "I did not like this feature because of X, Y, and Z" is a great way to handle that. What we have increasingly been doing a better job of is promoting that type of interaction, because it shows respect when presenting feedback. If we ever came on the forums and said "too bad, get rekt kid, Y O U SU C K, pay us", we'd completely understand negative/condescending behavior, as we set the tone, but (as far as I'm aware) we have done nothing but tried to make sure there is a bridge of respect able to be taken. Avoiding getting too subjective and emotionally charged makes it easier for us to dissect the things that need to be looked at and really create effective change. It also prevents people from attacking one another, when this game should be about people coming together in one way or another, and enjoying the experience. It's something we're continuing to work towards. 

We might not get it right the first time, or even the second time, but it's something we're committed to taking a swing at until we get there.

Hella respect. Now if we can just remove that incursion from onslaught and fix dim returns, i think we can all get back to playing and paying you fine devs. Aint no shame in backtracking sometimes.

@LAWLTA quote:

There are a multitude of reasons. One is players have been asking for new enemies/minibosses/bosses for a very long time. Making it an incursion makes it a one and done event, and players were asking for more than that. Another is players wanted another map that was like Lost Temple, but wasn't Lost Temple

I love the new boss “every time the new boss come out in any map that’s not Drakenfrost keep I’m stoked” and I would totally love the new map as an incursion but as it is now this sucks man.

Incursion don’t have to be one and done you guys just made it that way, be creative and change this while making it rewarding.

The overwhelming theme I keep hearing is “make it rewarding” So do that. If you want Drakenfrost keep as an onslaught map with the fires and lane mods then make it rewarding. Make me the player excited I got past it, right now as a solo player doing resets I get to drakenfrost onslaught and I’m “nope not today” And its not that its overly hard its just that it’s a chore with no reward.

@Zaurux quote:

As a matter of fact, I did read his response. 

Look, The reason for me calling these groups of people out, is because these people only see things from their own biased perspective. The second there’s any sort of change, off to the forums they go to shout abuse at the dev team. They don’t even bother trying out new strategies, which if they did, they wouldn’t be on the forums whining in the first place. Too many people get caught up in their emotions, rather than looking at things from a logical perspective.

Well everyone always looks from their biased perspective. Even you. Point of Views are always in 360 degree angles. 

That is something you can't change. If you're want to continue be this way, be my guest. You're definitely still won't be helping the situation. Besides, what's here ain't even that bad. Do you want to put up with toxic people?

Now back to topic. You're still missing the point. We're not talking about strategies and difficulty or even wining here. We're talking about how the flow of gamemodes and playstyles should be.

Onslaught/Expeditions is unique with its own set of challenges and mechanics. Adding something from another gamemode like incursion disrupts the playstyle that's already established in Onslaught and Expeditions and therefore making all this less unique.

If you don't want to understand that, fine. I definitely can't change your point of view nor will I want to waste my time continuing. It's all up to you then.

@LAWLTA quote:

I'm really glad that Trendy works in this manner and I certainly wish you all the best in getting this game right. There're stuff in this game that's really have the potentials (like incursion) to be something fun when done right.

Thank you for letting us know :)

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:We're talking about how the flow of gamemodes and playstyles should be.

Onslaught/Expeditions is unique with its own set of challenges and mechanics. Adding something from another gamemode like incursion disrupts the playstyle that's already established in Onslaught and Expeditions and therefore making this less unique.

Well said

I would like the ability to buy TOWER shards DIRECTLY instead of gambling its not fun not being able to use all of my hero because of lack of shards 

and for prices or costs have them cost shard dust 

this makes it so we still have to play the game but be able to get the shards we need instead of relying on luck

@LAWLTA quote:
@RustyCounterweight quote:

But for some unexplained reason, the Devs decided to alter a well implemented system and change it into something terrible.
In other words, we took two steps forward and three steps backward with the Drakenfrost update(s).

There are a multitude of reasons. One is players have been asking for new enemies/minibosses/bosses for a very long time. Making it an incursion makes it a one and done event, and players were asking for more than that. Another is players wanted another map that was like Lost Temple, but wasn't Lost Temple (specifically Onslaught climb made that map not feel special/hard to encounter). 

The list could go on, but we have countless feedback that supported making these decisions (on top of our internal design direction). It's also been out for one day. Things can be tweaked, changed, and made to feel better if they overall don't feel great, which is not what we're seeing currently. Stating that we're factually  working backwards is misguided, as it's a personal opinion, and that's fine, but it's not something we're seeing on the large scale. Players want engaging epic moments with cool rewards, and this is a step towards trying to provide more of them. 

In regards to the freezing from the drake, how about a potential slight change and instead of removing a key element to a fun map. Would you consider removing the complete freeze of a tower and make it where it's like a frost orc in a specific area and lower the fire rate and defense power of the defense? That way it weakens the lane but doesn't make it completely disabled due to dark assassins that latch on you and you can't get them off til the defenses are unfrozen. That's just my suggestion for the map. Overall I love it and I'm on wave 90 now and it's a challenge but hasn't been impossible by any means.

Myth

Edit : This suggestion is more or less geared towards the mechanic behind the boss betsy. This map was a prime example of weakening a lane but not completely taking it out of commission.

@TMyth quote:

Would you consider removing the complete freeze of a tower and make it where it's like a frost orc in a specific area and lower the fire rate and defense power of the defense? That way it weakens the lane but doesn't make it completely disabled due to dark assassins that latch on you and you can't get them off til the defenses are unfrozen.

I've seen this come up a few times, Dark Assassin, Dark Assassin, Dark Assassin. Honestly, this is Onslaught a mode that can thrown anything at you from any lane at any time. On top of this people have literally cried so much to the point that climbing floor for glory is destroyed. This mode is so boringly easy now due to all these changes.

No, do not remove this freeze mechanic and do not change this boss or this map. Everyone should be creating counter measures for this. Each lane should have a specific build and specific defenses that work the best against them. Our game has devolved away from this to "Just use hornets and slimes until win" "Just use WM and sleep for a few mins". Truthfully its exhausting watching people stroll through content that would actually be really cool if it worked as intended, where each lane required something different and the whole time making sure that anytime it got hard to go to the forums with it.

If you have Dark Assassins, then you should have a counter for them, if the are headstrong then you make an old school endgame c5 "death pit". These are things we used to have to do even without stun immunity. More over Onslaught isn't a solo mode, players are making it that way, if I reach out I'm 100% positive that I can make a friend and climb through Onslaught Duo or Trio. This would solve whatever problem you have with Headstrong Dark Assassins. 

The solutions are there, no one wants to take the time to do any of it.

@Exglint quote:

@TMyth quote:

Would you consider removing the complete freeze of a tower and make it where it's like a frost orc in a specific area and lower the fire rate and defense power of the defense? That way it weakens the lane but doesn't make it completely disabled due to dark assassins that latch on you and you can't get them off til the defenses are unfrozen.

I've seen this come up a few times, Dark Assassin, Dark Assassin, Dark Assassin. Honestly, this is Onslaught a mode that can thrown anything at you from any lane at any time. On top of this people have literally cried so much to the point that climbing floor for glory is destroyed. This mode is so boringly easy now due to all these changes.

No, do not remove this freeze mechanic and do not change this boss or this map. Everyone should be creating counter measures for this. Each lane should have a specific build and specific defenses that work the best against them. Our game has devolved away from this to "Just use hornets and slimes until win" "Just use WM and sleep for a few mins". Truthfully its exhausting watching people stroll through content that would actually be really cool if it worked as intended, where each lane required something different and the whole time making sure that anytime it got hard to go to the forums with it.

If you have Dark Assassins, then you should have a counter for them, if the are headstrong then you make an old school endgame c5 "death pit". These are things we used to have to do even without stun immunity. More over Onslaught isn't a solo mode, players are making it that way, if I reach out I'm 100% positive that I can make a friend and climb through Onslaught Duo or Trio. This would solve whatever problem you have with Headstrong Dark Assassins. 

I'm actually not complaining about this. I've enjoyed the map. I'm simply giving feedback to them about the large amount of players that are having problems with it. I've played since it first came out for pre-alpha and I've really had no gripes with it. The game has only gotten better since then. I think whats getting overlapped here is the hardcore players vs. the casuals. There needs to be a line in the sand to be able to differentiate what players are stating what. I personally live for this game if my time permitted me to play as much as I'd like to, I'd probably be in the hardcore vicinity. I like to play as a hardcore player. If this post was interpreted as me whining. It wasn't in the least. I'm guessing you missed the part about me stating I love the map and have no problems with it. Also that I think that a minor change would benefit both sides.

Myth

The solution is simple; grind out a perfect tenacity (except for that that single automation that everyone has) for every tower that you want to use on the map.  

I'm sure that every single player really wants to spend all that time grinding out multiple copies of a single mod just to bypass a mechanic on one map that repeats over and over and over again in onslaught.   Fun.

@Exglint quote:

@TMyth quote:

Stop it with the tryhard attitude.  Onslaught is definitely a solo mode, especially with the playerbase numbers.  I'd consider myself an endgame climber pushing towards to the 200s.  I've done my 1000+ grind of hours and ascension and I personally DO NOT LIKE the incursion mechanics on the DK floors.  It's a great idea of incursions but it blows for solo players pushing onslaught floors.  And again, onslaught is a solo game with the game's current... and dwindling... playerbase.

@TMyth quote:

If this post was interpreted as me whining. It wasn't in the least.

Myth

I wasn't targeting you specifically, you were just the most recent mention of this "remove content from the game because we don't like it" type of post without having to scroll back to find another one, sorry about that if it seemed that way.

@RustyCounterweight quote:

The solution is simple; grind out a perfect tenacity (except for that that single automation that everyone has) for every tower that you want to use on the map.

You don't need this so that post was a complete waste of pixels on the screen, and so may people already know this and don't want to admit that you could very easily climb without perfect anything.

@Lohki quote:

Stop it with the tryhard attitude.  Onslaught is definitely a solo mode, especially with the playerbase numbers.  I'd consider myself an endgame climber pushing towards to the 200s.  I've done my 1000+ grind of hours and ascension and I personally DO NOT LIKE the incursion mechanics on the DK floors.  It's a great idea of incursions but it blows for solo players pushing onslaught floors.  And again, onslaught is a solo game with the game's current... and dwindling... playerbase.

Please I'm good at the game but far from tryhard. If Onslaught was a solo mode then I guess Tuben and Reck are playing it wrong by Duoing above 600 or Gelostar and I were doing it wrong when we were duoing floors. Literally makes it 10 times easier being in a duo. Each had to give a tiny bit to play with a friend though. In both case one of the two went down a few floors to get that friend. The Draken Keep is not an incursion map, only a couple of our Incursion at this point are incursion maps, the rest have rules exactly like Onslaught. If you do consider Draken Keep as an incursion then Lost Temple most definitely is an Incursion map, with many special rules in effect at all times. New lanes per wave, random cores, random lane and boss lanes. I don't hear any complaints about that? 

As a final note stop bringing up the player base count. It helps your argument a total of 0% since you have no idea what is going on. Leave this to Trendy to worry about, unless you can tell me exact numbers for both consoles, who is logging in double accounts, who logs in for 5 mins versus 10 hours, you know the more important statistics.