Sign in to follow this  
Dabeasta

WM useless after last patch

With this last patch, mobs and bosses no longer get a small stun after dim returns is maxed out. Im counting 5 seconds in solo play before they walk normal straight out of my defenses. Before this last update I climbed from 161-183 Sunday with no signs of stopping and I just tried 184 and it was a crap fest. Finally got through but only have ditching WM and putting cannons everywhere to power through the 6th wave. There is absolutely zero skill or strategy now with this idiotic dim returns policy. All it is is stack the most dps you can. Dim retturns was only created because wm are so much better than alot of defenses and have cc. Why take this lazy approach? You all should be focusing on buffing all towers that need it and slap some cc on towers. Bring them up to par of the old WM and hornets. This is a pve tower defense game. We are supposed to feel strong  and have a sense of progression. This isnt a pvp game where you nerf everything into the dirt. All your doing is losing more and more people because you think your opinions are greater than ours. Pay attention to when bulks of players quit. Its updates like this. If you left dim out, this update would of been huge for you all at trendy. I just came back last month and was enjoying myself but this is too much. Im that guy who doesnt do forums because i rely on others to speak up but when i seen how few people actually post on here, i had to make an account. I hope you all realise before its too late that in pve games, you dont nerf the most used items. You bring everything else to become great.. Im sitting on 11 c8 amps and still havent taken anything to c8 because my most used builds get nerfed into oblivion and im not blowing 90ish mil just to have a setup destroyed. It's like trendy doesnt even care about making money at this point. 

Since DR was fixed I've been using Proton Beams with Water Servo, Frosty Beams shard, and a stormy PDT. That's 3 separate types of CC that only tick for themselves, instead of just a single stun from a WMR.

I'm also liking Proton Beams with Water Servo, though you could probably still use WM with water/storm servo, or mix PDTs in there with water/storm servo. Those seem like the most obvious choices for me.

Now that i think about it, would it be better to use WMs to drench only, allowing other storm sources to be spread out and enabling the DR to wear off.

@Little Magic Hat quote:

Since DR was fixed I've been using Proton Beams with Water Servo, Frosty Beams shard, and a stormy PDT. That's 3 separate types of CC that only tick for themselves, instead of just a single stun from a WMR.

Do you have max tenacity on the proton beams? How do you handle all the cyberdorks otherwise.

I have tried two ramsters (water + electricity) but they are not always effective along with being expensive and weak and it's hard to judge the kill box with them as they need help killing off the stunned mobs. 

@Zombiewookie quote:

Since DR fix WM are usable (floor 450+) 

Usable but much better choices (floor 189 no resets, no c8s, highest floor achieved without either) everything is relative friend. Point is they nerfed it again yesterday big time and spoke nothing of it. Im having better results double aura stacking plus boost aura. This game is turning into raw dps, not a cc strat game which kills build options. I only started pushing from 30 last month. Looks like i came back at a bad time.