Sign in to follow this  
Burgeoning Balls

Diminishing returns = Diminishing enjoyment

This constant changing of my towers capabilities is really starting to get old. I'm tired and frustrated from optimising a particular tower with the best mods I can get and then have it rendered useless in the next update. Do something about the enemies sure but leave my towers alone. The diminishing enjoyment policy is also a point of contention, do they stack? I like loading up a lane with an array of different defenses but if diminishing returns stacks, diversity will be a detrimental thing. Are we going to revert to only having a wall with a tower on each lane with a skyguard in support?

It's enough that we have to do so much grinding but to see all that farming go down the tubes in the next update doesn't keep me wanting more. As I said constant tweaking and the diminishing returns is eroding my own enjoyment of the game and the motivation to continue playing.

@Burgeoning Balls quote:

This constant changing of my towers capabilities is really starting to get old. I'm tired and frustrated from optimising a particular tower with the best mods I can get and then have it rendered useless in the next update. Do something about the enemies sure but leave my towers alone. The diminishing enjoyment policy is also a point of contention, do they stack? I like loading up a lane with an array of different defenses but if diminishing returns stacks, diversity will be a detrimental thing. Are we going to revert to only having a wall with a tower on each lane with a skyguard in support?

It's enough that we have to do so much grinding but to see all that farming go down the tubes in the next update doesn't keep me wanting more. As I said constant tweaking and the diminishing returns is eroding my own enjoyment of the game and the motivation to continue playing.

I 100% agree. I cant even c8 my gear because they are constantly nerfing defenses in a pve game, just so they dont have to buff a bunch of other defenses. It's lazy work and the now only 1,000 player base shows we are fed up with it.

@Dabeasta quote:

@Burgeoning Balls quote:

I 100% agree. I cant even c8 my gear because they are constantly nerfing defenses in a pve game, just so they dont have to buff a bunch of other defenses. It's lazy work and the now only 1,000 player base shows we are fed up with it.

+1 This. Not just diminishing returns but the huge balance changes that make something "overpowered" useless. Where's the healthy middle? New fissure change forces me to go from 1 almost completed perfect relic to having to get another one just so I can put down an equal amount of fissures and flames and achieve the(almost) same result. I've worked like 200 hours on this relic, now I have to do it for one more. Grind grind grind grind grind

That's the way the cookie crumbles the best always gets cut down then something takes its place then it gets cut down but with so many towers lacking it's not much of an issue for early game but it's detrimental to late game progress