Sign in to follow this  
aRn_

I can't kill the drachenlord.

@aRn_ quote:

what use for kill the drachenlord.

You need to inflict Ignite (some form of Fire DoT) damage on him to shut down the Frost Aura. Once that is done, you have 10 seconds (or however long your Oil effect lasts) to do as much damage as possible before the aura gets back up.

The best way to keep him under wraps is to place a Fissure of Embermount with Embermount Flames and hope it can tag the boss before it gets frozen or you will need to use something like a Ballista. PDT, Ramster or Harpy Perch with longer range than the aura and arm it with a Fire Servo and then arm yourself with an Oil Chip. A Barbarian can also have 1 Oil Chip weapon and then another with a Fire Chip or a pet with Fire damage.

Otherwise, you will need to use the Huntress Oil/Piercing combo or Lavamancer Eruption/Lava Floor shard + Oil Chip pairing before you get frozen and he OHKO's you. You can also use any hero with a Burning Strikes Shard and tag him with that. 

I haven't tested Flaming Knight yet as I don't have a C7 Abyss Lord at this moment.

@ChrisH36 quote:

@aRn_ quote:

what use for kill the drachenlord.

You need to inflict Fire damage on him to shut down the Frost Aura. Once that is done, you have 10 seconds to do as much damage as possible before the aura gets back up.

The best way to keep him under wraps is to place a Fissure of Embermount with Embermount Flames and hope it can tag the boss before it gets frozen or you will need to use something like a Ballista or Harpy Perch with longer range than the aura and arm it with a Fire Servo.

Otherwise, you will need to use the Huntress Oil/Piercing combo or Lavamancer Eruption/Lava Floor shard pairing before you get frozen and he OHKO's you. You can also use any hero with a Burning Strikes Shard and tag him with that. 

I haven't tested Flaming Knight yet as I don't have a C7 Abyss Lord at this moment.

My main is my Abyss Lord and is fully equipped for C7. Can’t wait to try it out and experience the new boss. 

Actually, you have to use the Oil + Fire combo.  I tried using direct sources of fire damage and it doesn't do the trick.  You need a source of oil.  I use the Oil and Fire weapon mods on my Barbarian and it's amazing.

@gotrunks712 quote:

Actually, you have to use the Oil + Fire combo.  I tried using direct sources of fire damage and it doesn't do the trick.  You need a source of oil.  I use the Oil and Fire weapon mods on my Barbarian and it's amazing.

Hm... requiring an elemental combo after elemental combos were just redone. Hehehehe I’ll have to try oil geyser with flaming knight. 

@gotrunks712 quote:

Thanks for the confirmation. So basically any form of Fire DoT is the only way to shut down the aura.

@gotrunks712 quote:

Well you can Oil weapon and then Fire your Pet as well. 

I also found out that on some maps, there is a window before he summons his Frost Aura that you can damage him. I just killed him via Shock-lock on Siphon Site D before he could aura up.

On other maps, having a huntress or an oil chip/fire pet, weapon or skill or Burning Strikes weapon is your best bet. 

personally, i think he is annoying. it forces me to switch to my builder because my main already has a weapon with mods that i like and im not changing one of them to an oil or fire mod. none of my mains abilities fire or oil so i have to switch to my huntress builder to throw oil and then flame him with the little flame that goes around the character (weapon mod).

i’m the type that likes to play my main no matter what. so the first time i fought him it took me a few minutes of repairing and fighting him in order to kill him with pure hero damage but this can be annoying. i wish hero damage or ability still did a decent amount of damage. it’s just silly how little it does unless you the little combo.

omg hate this stage so much if i have to do this more then once per reset i think i'm done if i never had to do it again i'd be happy dont mind the draken lord but icing my defences even for a second wrecks me then fricken assassins get stuffed it was only onslaught 39 but took me 12 resets just to find anything to easy light brasiers finally found hunters piercing shot mind you she wasnt geared i dont normally use her so she had 7k hp so assassins 1shot me till about reset 15 when 1st boss droped hp gear and ok finally moving again sept now i've fricken replaced 1 of my builders ev and battle master wrecks my wep mans. we having fun yet the answer is no and timing it is awfull you want to relight asap but to early and nothing happens but your waiting for cooldowns or your to late and a contol burn has got past your stun poison zone and you try again and again and again . we having fun now still no so thats my experience make it an incursion cos i never want to play this again and yet your going to force me think this is to hard decrease the difficulty by oil always be in brasiers some sort like zoneage for each brasier would be tops too

wasnt a huge fan of betsy ver1.0 back in the day but 2.0 is just mean cant play how i like cant use the character i like actually have to get specific mods to play cant tenacity out of it prity sure things like fire aura and fire mods still get frozen which is just stupid either ice melts or it dosent whats this some times bs ok think my rants over

i know this is incoherent gobuldygook i just needed to vent more then anything but just be consistant and not overly complicated to many things at once just make it stressfull and unenjoyable

I typically use monk fire auras on most lanes, if I see this bad boy spawn I just drop a lavamancer oil geyser down in front of the aura and his shield drops down just before he enters the kill zone.  You just need to keep 20du spare and move it to wherever you need it.

I wanted an option that didn't involve moving my buns in case I had other issues to deal with.  I think this turned out pretty well.

So i just encountered this boss right after a reset on floor 22. Great so the only counter is Oil+Fire. Like we just have that sitting around. You find yourself surprised by this enemy and it's an instant lose. Flaming Knight didn't do a single thing. I'm already using AL with this shard the first time i encountered him but none of my abilities do anything, and if i walk inside his bubble, i get perma frozen...

Thankfully this is countered by just restarting the wave and having him not spawn at all. Floor 22...

@Xuhybrid quote:

So i just encountered this boss right after a reset on floor 22. Great so the only counter is Oil+Fire. Like we just have that sitting around. You find yourself surprised by this enemy and it's an instant lose. Flaming Knight didn't do a single thing. I'm already using AL with this shard the first time i encountered him but none of my abilities do anything, and if i walk inside his bubble, i get perma frozen...

Thankfully this is countered by just restarting the wave and having him not spawn at all. Floor 22...

its not that you instantly lose, its that you have to kyte it into your towers fora  really really really long time, if you ant ignite it.   Better to have burning strikes on a hero though.

I have been using Oil+Fire on my EV2 for as long as I've had Bots of Oil and a Fire Chip (so as long as Protean Shift has been out). I was not happy to find that I couldn't get close enough to Drachenlord to oil him with my bots before freezing to death.

And good luck to the poor folks who don't have all these fancy chips and shards (I didn't see a single Oil Chip today). They're pretty much screwed unless they can get a carry.

Very typical Trendy balance bungle.

@Kobalobasileus quote:

I have been using Oil+Fire on my EV2 for as long as I've had Bots of Oil and a Fire Chip (so as long as Protean Shift has been out). I was not happy to find that I couldn't get close enough to Drachenlord to oil him with my bots before freezing to death.

And good luck to the poor folks who don't have all these fancy chips and shards (I didn't see a single Oil Chip today). They're pretty much screwed unless they can get a carry.

Very typical Trendy balance bungle.

Do they not have a Huntress?

The EV2 can also set the Anti-Grav Bots earlier and wait until he walks into them and set them off, then apply the Fire...

You can also make a EV2 with an Oil Chip weapon and carry a Fire Pet to do it quickly.

You (and them) honestly have no excuse.

I also confirm that if you have the AP Reset Bow from the Huntress (Piercing Flame), then you don't need to Oil the Drakenlord for an Ignite, you just need to fire it. You can also use the Oil Spill Chip then have a Fire source to ignite them and save on an Oil Flask.

That is probably the best way to ignite him outside of Oil/Piercing, Oil Weapon/Fire Pet or 2nd Weapon or Burning Strikes.