Sign in to follow this  
Drithe

The roll rates for rerolling mods are just terrible.

I had a mod that was level 5. I tried 25 times to get it to a higher rank but not once did the rerolls get past level 4. It would have been better just to let us level up by one each time we reolled than this. Reroll rates are terribly terrible .

Reroll rates correspond with drop rates.  There's been a couple of separate posts discussing this issue in detail and I would suggest posting in those if you have more input.  They did add a guaranteed 10/10 roll after some time, but it probably still equates to a larger number of rerolls, just like the guaranteed 10/10 drop comes after ~10 hours of solo play.

They're supposed to be low because you can focus the mod you're trying to get a good roll of.

It'd get a little stale if you could get a specific rank 9/10 in a couple of hours of gameplay.

Couple of good points made here. Also remember that you can buy the reroll material from others, which can get you that 10/10 quicker. 

@Cuddles quote:

They're supposed to be low because you can focus the mod you're trying to get a good roll of.

It'd get a little stale if you could get a specific rank 9/10 in a couple of hours of gameplay.

There are 13 heroes representing 112 gear slots holding 336 MODS. It taking a 2 hours to get the MOD you want would mean 672 hours of gameplay. Expecting to be able to get the specific MODS you want for everything in 4 months of playing the game like it's a full time job seems completely reasonable. It's not like you'll get anywhere near the 565 C8 amps you need over that time period, so you'll still have plenty to do.

@LAWLTA quote:

Couple of good points made here. Also remember that you can buy the reroll material from others, which can get you that 10/10 quicker. 

don’t think anyone would sell their materials since they are probably rerolling their shards as well since the rates are so low in getting a mod level that is better than the one being rolled.

@super_slayan quote:
@LAWLTA quote:

don’t think anyone would sell their materials since they are probably rerolling their shards as well since the rates are so low in getting a mod level that is better than the one being rolled.

I'm on the other side of the fence, where I would potentially capitalize on the market of players wanting it, and start selling them off in bulk for a premium price because of how new they are. Then when the prices got lower over time, use all the gold that I had accrued to buy as many as I needed from the players who rushed and got all their mods. (That's just how I play games myself)

However, we don't have to worry about guessing and thinking. We are able to track in-game sales on these items, and we know for a fact that there are a TON of these materials being sold. We expected these items being sold at a much lower rate initially, but they surpassed our expectations. That's the fun with player economies, they'll almost always catch you by surprise.

I just tried 12 more times to go from a level  5 to a higher level. I got 5 level 1's out of those rolls. Rest was lower than 5. Phuuuuuuuuuuuck you.

It's also annoying that it is set up to have punishingly low chance but costs 5 motes each time.... if it just cost one token and gold it would not be so bad but knowing you will need 100+ rolls to maybe even see an increase let alone a 10/10 is a *** move to further drain player resources (there are never any posts complaining about mote farming or upgrade costs apparently lol).

I farmed a bunch of C4 resort map to hopefully get a Defense Rate shard or two and then rerolled a 7 rated mod nearly 60 times and only once got the same level offered no improvement so after a lot of grinding I got no def rate shards and came away with less shiny motes than what I started with - not sure I am even going to bother with rerolling again in its current state TBH. 

it would be nice if we could at least increase the chance of getting a better mod by spending more tokens at once, having to reroll 50 times and still not getting anything better than a 4 is annoying