Sign in to follow this  
Kambien

Twitter Teases and AP Reset Info?

@Tolkmit quote:

Players who want to keep the reset aspect mostly want it because AP was a major investment, and they don't want other players to get the same benefits without having to make the same investment. (They ignore the benefits of having AP for the last year as what those who didn't make the same investment miss out on.) What you are suggesting would be super developer intensive time wise, not satisfy those who want AP to suck for others because it sucked for them and not offer anything new to those who actually want resets for the sake of resets, because if you just want to fresh start for the challenge of it, you can already start a new hero & only use on level gear. Just eliminating gear resets and leaving it at that would take 1% of the time and offer 99% of the amount of player satisfaction.

Well, I'm ok with either way. Because both still boils down with gear that don't reset, whether it's partially or not at all. It really suck to keep being in the reset loop as that's one of the main content to do and if you're not doing it, it does feel like you're missing out even though it sucks.

In other words, yep yep, good point. I really miss the days of using all your power acquired to take on the challenge. Now it just feels like you're using 10% of your power, the rest sitting, collecting dust, being wasted. And boy, I never did look at those who want to keep resets aspect that way, I only thought of this for balance. Still, an interesting point.

@BIGREDMONSTER quote:

@Kambien quote:

@BIGREDMONSTER quote:

Just give 1 C8 amp every reset because well I don't have a good reason right now I just want some C8 amps.

Only if C8 gear can’t be reset *cringe*

It would be great if C8 gear didn't reset because of the investment needed to make it C8

Yeah I definitely agree with this too. I dare not use any of my C8 ampoules knowing it would get wasted in the next reset.

@TMyth quote:

Here’s an idea, reset their onslaught floor, but require them to climb higher than previously instead of grinding mind numbing c1-7 which could be done with just your base ascension up to like c3

Care to elaborate on this ?

Do they need to climb higher than their current highest cleared floor before they can reset again.... if so then then that is a major kick in the nuts for players like me that are pushing high into onslaught to get a massive talent cap and stored ascension levels as that would require clearing over 100 floors just for the first reset in the cycle. 

Now if you mean keep gear and the required floor increases at a quicker rate than it does currently then that is more palatable. 

@Defenso quote:

@TMyth quote:

Here’s an idea, reset their onslaught floor, but require them to climb higher than previously instead of grinding mind numbing c1-7 which could be done with just your base ascension up to like c3

Care to elaborate on this ?

Do they need to climb higher than their current highest cleared floor before they can reset again.... if so then then that is a major kick in the nuts for players like me that are pushing high into onslaught to get a massive talent cap and stored ascension levels as that would require clearing over 100 floors just for the first reset in the cycle. 

Now if you mean keep gear and the required floor increases at a quicker rate than it does currently then that is more palatable. 

Yes, more or less the same system but with a few more floors required to climb. Imagine keeping your gear, shards, and pets upgraded. But, when you AP reset instead of getting kicked back down to campaign level, you just get your floor reset down to the beginning of onslaught. So say for instance the starting floor for onslaught is floor 28. It would require you to climb from 28-33. Then the next reset would be 33-38, then 38-44, etc. As you get to higher floors requiring extreme difficulty it could be moved down to a 3 increase instead of 6 as you get higher. That way the first resets would be easy to acquire but wouldn't have a detrimental affect on gameplay. Where as once you get to floor 100 or so for a reset it would be a steady increase of difficultly to achieve without the mind numbing terror which is a campaign - c7 grind of like 70 maps. I'd personally be much happier climbing in onslaught without having the pain of boring builds. This would add playable value to AP resets and also you could strive to obtain c8 gear and prestige at the same time. I think this would be a good median for them.

To add onto my last post, they could even make it where instead of losing your relics due to prestige, you could just be unable to use it. so say your item level is 1000, your c8 relic would require you to have a 7000 gear score to use again. That also seems like a fair point. And to top it off it would not allow exploitation due to the fact you can't trade any upgraded gear.

@TMyth quote:

To add onto my last post, they could even make it where instead of losing your relics due to prestige, you could just be unable to use it. so say your item level is 1000, your c8 relic would require you to have a 7000 gear score to use again. That also seems like a fair point. And to top it off it would not allow exploitation due to the fact you can't trade any upgraded gear.

Your idea has great potential and retains the reset, without the harsh costs. I like it!

@Tolkmit quote:

Players who want to keep the reset aspect mostly want it because AP was a major investment, and they don't want other players to get the same benefits without having to make the same investment.

These people have Stockholm Syndrome.  For some reason, they have it in their heads that the pain is necessary to justify the minor bonuses you get.

Apparently, losing all of your progress in onslaught is irrelevant to them because they don't have friends to play with.  Sorry Bob, I know we just did floor 120 yesterday, but I can't play with you anymore because I just did an AP reset and I'm back on floor 50.

It's a system that was designed back before we had mods and any relic was as good as any other for basically every defense in the game.  The gear deleveling requirement for AP resets needs a second look.

@Tolkmit quote:

Players who want to keep the reset aspect mostly want it because AP was a major investment, and they don't want other players to get the same benefits without having to make the same investment. (They ignore the benefits of having AP for the last year as what those who didn't make the same investment miss out on.) What you are suggesting would be super developer intensive time wise, not satisfy those who want AP to suck for others because it sucked for them and not offer anything new to those who actually want resets for the sake of resets, because if you just want to fresh start for the challenge of it, you can already start a new hero & only use on level gear. Just eliminating gear resets and leaving it at that would take 1% of the time and offer 99% of the amount of player satisfaction.

Are these the same players who AFKed to floor 1000 building nothing but Bees/Trees? :P  Those days must have been rough.

@Vim quote:

@Tolkmit quote:

Are these the same players who AFKed to floor 1000 building nothing but Bees/Trees? :P  Those days must have been rough.

I seriously LOL’d at this. 

After coming back into the game after a long time, I started doing the ap resets and I got to say the current system is pretty broken, it just feels like a mind numbing chore. There's been many suggestions In this thread and other's that i've read and while I agree there should probably be a cost to ap resets. It should be within reason, at the moment the more resets you do the higher the costs of towers/heros required to get through the floors. My take on it is as suggested in here, after a reset give an ability to make one piece of gear to be immune to resets (was suggested every 10 floors but its too low tbh). This would be simple enough to implement, can be retroactive, would allow you to build a good pool of relics/gear for progression in onslaught through resets and allow you to skip the whole silliness of c1-c7 after reset without any of mote farming. Just think something like this should be done as currently you are stuck doing low lvl content for no reason.

What's this reset you speak of ? My gear has been rated at 400 for my last 20 resets and hasn't changed at all.

Jokes? aside. The ap system is somewhat borked. But protecting gear from reset, isn't a logical fix. The first relic that I'd argue 90% or more of the player base would secure would be the relic for their weaponmans. That in itself would effectively negate the reset is many ways. It would allow players to speed through the first 20 ap with great ease. Even should it be set to where you can protect just a weapon . omg gunwitch c7/c8 rifle? You lay waste to the lower levels. 

One small fix that would be helpful is that once you unlock c7 expeditions, every other game mode and difficulty should be unlocked with it. Even if you get an instant carry on floor 28.

Other than that I personally do not know of any way to fix the ap system. 

@Lagmonster quote:

What's this reset you speak of ? My gear has been rated at 400 for my last 20 resets and hasn't changed at all.

Jokes? aside. The ap system is somewhat borked. But protecting gear from reset, isn't a logical fix. The first relic that I'd argue 90% or more of the player base would secure would be the relic for their weaponmans. That in itself would effectively negate the reset is many ways. It would allow players to speed through the first 20 ap with great ease. Even should it be set to where you can protect just a weapon . omg gunwitch c7/c8 rifle? You lay waste to the lower levels. 

One small fix that would be helpful is that once you unlock c7 expeditions, every other game mode and difficulty should be unlocked with it. Even if you get an instant carry on floor 28.

Other than that I personally do not know of any way to fix the ap system. 

My little two cents... 

first relic I would do... cannonball towers. 

Either gear isn’t reset but relics are, or relics are not but gear is. 

Make resets worth it! Add an option to permenently increase DU. 5 points spent = 100 extra DU. Add 5 points to guarantee legendary chests with the four person bonus WITHOUT four people. 

Instead of resetting gear take the current materials needed to fully upgrade four relics and one full set of armor / weapon(s) and that’s the cost to AP reset. The first 25 resets are the C1 - C3 mats we receive. Next 25 resets use C4 -C5 mats, etc. 

many better ways. :-)

Du according to player reset not going to happen. That would just drive the wedge between the players even deeper. Ive reset a total of 80+ times now between my primary secondary and helping a friend. How would the game handle it? I show up into a game with that bonus to help someone who's just starting out . what happens should I leave mid session?

There's already an exp and gold bonus in the ap system as it is. Granted you have to reset atleast 10-15 times to easily notice a difference but it is there. The crazy this about it as we have it now there is no cap. Sadly I suspect that's why we havnt seen any double XP or gold weekends.

With item drops from chests if that's your desire how would it effect someone who's player a four player game with that bonus? Or better yet 2 players with that bonus maxed 12x legendary drop?  The drop of the chest was patched into the game as incentive for people to play together not solo.

On the topic of materials I disagree completely. There should have never been 3 different tiers in the first place. Also unless you crazy like myself most players havnt gilded out every shard in the game. As much of a pain as it is  always a welcome sight to get another primary shards gilded. And ofcourse if you're looking for a c1-c3 shard it's best to play that difficult it drops in.

Truthfully the real bonus to towers comes from your talent cap increases and depending on how far you push you can reach that cap rather quickly. The gold and exp is helpful but really only after resetting quite a few times

These are opportunities or options. My ideas are not absolute. :-) A thread like this gives great feedback to Trendy. And there are certainly many folks who would like to see some refinement implemented. 

As for gold chests if your with a full group then you don’t receive more you simple receive the max.  Chests are not a priority I think for anyone but this may allow a couple more C8 amps into the market. 

Gold Xp cap is really not even on the list for manny people. But it’s in a good place. We really don’t need a double XP weekend. 

Again, the additional DU is an idea and I am not saying it’s the bestestes. :-) 

Enjoy your weekend, Lag. :-)

And that's why I'm talking with ya about it. ;) I guess I'm a unique case anyway hehe.I dunno what's been going on but, since the drakenfrost update I've been getting c8 like crazy currently sitting on 25+.  I have been sitting on them for some time too i ve picked up maybe 10-15.  But of course that's my luck with RNG next week I wont get squat ;)   now I'm ll for tweaking material drop rate a bit more. Well for everyone but myself. 

No such thing as a good weekend for me. Working 16sat 16sun  ;( so even if there is a weekend event in the future nope not for me ;(

@Lagmonster quote:

And that's why I'm talking with ya about it. ;) I guess I'm a unique case anyway hehe.I dunno what's been going on but, since the drakenfrost update I've been getting c8 like crazy currently sitting on 25+.  I have been sitting on them for some time too i ve picked up maybe 10-15.  But of course that's my luck with RNG next week I wont get squat ;)   now I'm ll for tweaking material drop rate a bit more. Well for everyone but myself. 

No such thing as a good weekend for me. Working 16sat 16sun  ;( so even if there is a weekend event in the future nope not for me ;(

Well let us rub off on some of your luck! Wowzah!

I'd like to see resets removed and replaced with progress markers. There's plenty of content already in the game that can be used as 'challenges' to unlock the bonuses without the mindless reset-a-thon.

I mean really, resets are just a measure of patience for doing the same *** a bunch of times or the resources to run an alt-account to carry you through it.

@stormreaper quote:

After coming back into the game after a long time, I started doing the ap resets and I got to say the current system is pretty broken, it just feels like a mind numbing chore. There's been many suggestions In this thread and other's that i've read and while I agree there should probably be a cost to ap resets. It should be within reason, at the moment the more resets you do the higher the costs of towers/heros required to get through the floors. My take on it is as suggested in here, after a reset give an ability to make one piece of gear to be immune to resets (was suggested every 10 floors but its too low tbh). This would be simple enough to implement, can be retroactive, would allow you to build a good pool of relics/gear for progression in onslaught through resets and allow you to skip the whole silliness of c1-c7 after reset without any of mote farming. Just think something like this should be done as currently you are stuck doing low lvl content for no reason.

Here’s another thought, you can hold shards to retain their power after resets, why not make it where you can gild medallions and armor, so same as you need 10 shards to gild  one, you will need like 30 legendary medallions to gild a relic. Seems fair to me. You could obtain them quickly enough and make it 2 million to gild it. Doesn’t increase power it just would protect your gear from being reset. So people with c8 gear wouldn’t get punished for spending 30 - 40 mil on c8 gear.

@Little Magic Hat quote:

I'd like to see resets removed and replaced with progress markers. There's plenty of content already in the game that can be used as 'challenges' to unlock the bonuses without the mindless reset-a-thon.

I mean really, resets are just a measure of patience for doing the same *** a bunch of times or the resources to run an alt-account to carry you through it.

Yeah this is actually 100% true, most everyone who has done resets has had an alt account with full gear carry them. Which is frustrating to think having a second pc is almost the only way to do it quickly and efficiently. I have my girlfriends computer which I will use to grind us shards both at the same time. But I’m about to start resetting eventually and it’s annoying to think I’ll have to play on 2 accounts at once to get back up without spending all my gold every reset.

@TMyth quote:

@Little Magic Hat quote:

Yeah this is actually 100% true, most everyone who has done resets has had an alt account with full gear carry them. Which is frustrating to think having a second pc is almost the only way to do it quickly and efficiently. I have my girlfriends computer which I will use to grind us shards both at the same time. But I’m about to start resetting eventually and it’s annoying to think I’ll have to play on 2 accounts at once to get back up without spending all my gold every reset.

You don't need another computer, just a Virtual Machine which even an i3 can run. It wont be super fast but it will work.

It is just going to be a whole lot easier doing it with friends and unnecessary punishing if you play without friends.  I am a long way ahead of my friends, if AP stays the same then I will probably reset first while they build then when I am done I will carry them.  I am only going to re-pay for my gear once, i already have a bunch of unmodified L10 C1-C7 hero health gear so I can just be a sponge, it is not really an achievement unless you are forced to do it alone.

@Vim quote:

@TMyth quote:

@Little Magic Hat quote:

You don't need another computer, just a Virtual Machine which even an i3 can run. It wont be super fast but it will work.

It is just going to be a whole lot easier doing it with friends and unnecessary punishing if you play without friends.  I am a long way ahead of my friends, if AP stays the same then I will probably reset first while they build then when I am done I will carry them.  I am only going to re-pay for my gear once, i already have a bunch of unmodified L10 C1-C7 hero health gear so I can just be a sponge, it is not really an achievement unless you are forced to do it alone.

I did 5 alone pre protean patch. I hated my life. I was only at a base at the time of 180, which I was always done getting to 65 before I’d hit 250. So I would waste my time having to level myself. My base is sitting at 1550 now, just waiting a bit longer. I want the 999 talent caps before I reset again.

This thread has been amazing for ideas and opportunities! There is a trend here as well from many individual players. 

See it Trendy! =D

999 talent caps in use or just unlocked? If it's just unlock don't worry to much about it if you're planning on doing a few more resets they pile up quickly. Right now I'm sitting on over 6k hehe sadly can only use 999 tho.

999 talent caps in active use is a rather high floor to get to. Just be Leary of that grind is all I'm saying ;)