Sign in to follow this  
Kambien

Twitter Teases and AP Reset Info?

Hey there!

Well for those who don't know they are teasing some stuff on twitter. >.<  So that being said... @Trendy Lawlta When you announce this is there also any info you can share for what Trendy is [hopefully] reviewing for AP resets?  Such as the many posts to not reset armor and relics only?  Or some thoughts you may be having?  Kinda hoping and all... >.< LOL

Thanks!

@Xuhybrid quote:

What would be the price of AP if gear doesn't reset... lol

There has been many great ideas! Hoping to find out which, if any direction, Trendy might be reviewing. 

@Kambien quote:

@Xuhybrid quote:

There has been many great ideas! Hoping to find out which, if any direction, Trendy might be reviewing. 

Ap resets should show us where we can go with the new power that we get with each reset, like in any other game that has a prestige system. But in dd2 we need to reset enough (70 times for some people or 40 for others, its your decision) to actually see what we get out of the AP system, imo its pretty wrong. It would be awesome to see where i can go in onslaught each time i reset, because i should get stronger with each reset, so im supposed to reach a higher floor each time i reset, but its not possible cause we get our gear reseted.

Its obvious that the actual power point system of the AP isnt enough to take you to higher floors each time you reset, so the whole AP system would need a change with my suggestion. 

Why not make it like Call Of Duty Prestige.

I think after your first ten Resets you can pick one  piece of gear or medallion  not to be affected by the Resets. 

@Xuhybrid quote:

@gcstephen13 quote:

I think after your first ten Resets you can pick one  piece of gear or medallion  not to be affected by the Resets. 

@Xuhybrid quote:

Great idea!

after resetting 78 times know what I learned? which is only worth resetting because of the icon and also the 5%. the powers makes no difference in their defense.

@ufolouco quote:

after resetting 78 times know what I learned? which is only worth resetting because of the icon and also the 5%. the powers makes no difference in their defense.

Have heard this several times from folks who have made that effort. Grats by the way! For those who are just getting started or maybe <40, who want that icon or to do it because it’s part of the content, I wish it wasn’t like it was requiring not reset of gear. Here’s hoping they are reviewing things. 

@Xuhybrid quote:

Why should AP have a cost? There is no cost to improve your character via gear, shards, or ascension; all of which make a much bigger difference. There is nothing saying AP should have a negative attached to it.

Or put another way: time. The price of AP will be exactly like the price of the majority of ways your improve your character in the majority of games, it takes time playing the game to do it.

It would be helpful if you actually quoted the tweets so we can see them for ourselves, because I can't find them.

@Xuhybrid quote:

Losing (almost) all of your progress on onslaught isn't enough for you?  Having all of the game modes locked again isn't enough (it's an annoyance that I have to play an expedition so that I can unlock the incursion to do the weekly quest)?

How many games that offer a "prestige" system cripple your entire account?  Marvel Heroes had something like 54 heroes before it was shut down, and prestiging was done on a per-character basis.  It offered literally nothing other than cosmetics (your name is a different color) and the ability to go through the story missions again as that hero.  It didn't trash my gear.  It just sets the character down to level 1 and you have to level back into your gear again.  If I don't want to grind for exp on the hero that's in the middle of a cosmic prestige (exp gains are reduced to 1/25th of the normal amount), I can go play any of my other heroes in whatever content I have unlocked for that hero (raids, missions, event stuff, etc.).

@Tolkmit quote:

@Xuhybrid quote:

Why should AP have a cost? There is no cost to improve your character via gear, shards, or ascension; all of which make a much bigger difference. There is nothing saying AP should have a negative attached to it.

Or put another way: time. The price of AP will be exactly like the price of the majority of ways your improve your character in the majority of games, it takes time playing the game to do it.

Well here's an idea, what if any C8 items were immune to resets, not just maxed C8?

@Xuhybrid quote:

@Tolkmit quote:

@Xuhybrid quote:

Well here's an idea, what if any C8 items were immune to resets, not just maxed C8?

What if all gear were immune to resets?

Should i quote my original post? You're under the impression that there should be no cost. Why would i bother trying to convince you otherwise. You can't comprehend the problem with making AP have no cost.

@Xuhybrid quote:

Should i quote my original post? You're under the impression that there should be no cost. Why would i bother trying to convince you otherwise. You can't comprehend the problem with making AP have no cost.

I guess you skipped over my post, it would still cost you time, as well as your progression in Onslaught. I, however, have read all of your posts in this thread, and no where have you established a reason for AP to reset players, just taking it for granted that earning one point in a minor stat upgrade system should have a massive cost beyond what I've pointed out. Even though, this game itself has ascension which works the exact same way, just fine, without gear resets.

99% of games manage to make it work, allowing players to have a linear progression of power. There is no reason this one can't do the same.

That's because i shouldn't have to spell out what happens when you lose nothing. Consider what happens if your maxed gear with all the tinkered mods are still there on a reset?

You beat Chaos 7. You beat floor 28, 29, 30. Reset. You beat Chaos 7. You beat floor 28, 29, 30, 31. Reset. Repeat.

Give it a day and you'll get 10 AP easily lol.

The only thing i wish for is that moving a MOD to another item, would change it's chaos level to that of the item. This way we can pay DMs to transfer them up to our current level, without having to farm motes and gold to level those items back up. It's kind of ridiculous that you need to re-level MODs as well as gear.

@Xuhybrid quote:

That's because i shouldn't have to spell out what happens when you lose nothing. Consider what happens if your maxed gear with all the tinkered mods are still there on a reset?

You beat Chaos 7. You beat floor 28, 29, 30. Reset. You beat Chaos 7. You beat floor 28, 29, 30, 31. Reset. Repeat.

Give it a day and you'll get 10 AP easily lol.

The only thing i wish for is that moving a MOD to another item, would change it's chaos level to that of the item. This way we can pay DMs to transfer them up to our current level, without having to farm motes and gold to level those items back up. It's kind of ridiculous that you need to re-level MODs as well as gear.

It's a lot faster to go from level 1 to level 2 than from 49 to 50. It's a lot faster to go from 1 ascension to 2 than from 999 to 1000. It's not a problem to have scaling time commitments in progression systems, it would actually be normal for AP to work that way.

@gcstephen13 quote:

@Xuhybrid quote:

I was thinking of that idea myself, it would be great if they did it that way

Here’s an idea, reset their onslaught floor, but require them to climb higher than previously instead of grinding mind numbing c1-7 which could be done with just your base ascension up to like c3

Well since this sorta became an AP suggestion thread, might was well put the suggestion that I've made for several other threads here too.

What if Onslaught have a main progression AND Ancient Power progression as in when we invoke AP, we have the option of how many characters out of all our hero cards we want to be reset. You can reset all if you want to but the point is to leave us some for the main progression. AP heroes couldn't be used for Main Progression nor Main Progression Heroes could be used for AP. Of course how asc reset would still be the same.  Now with that way, AP wouldn't be so punishing as there is still progression but we could also enjoy the game with what us the players has amassed with our loot instead of losing them.

To those who think that I could use Main Progression loots to power boost AP heroes, the solution could be that AP Onslaught only drops ancient gear that's strictly only have to do with AP heroes, they cannot use Main Progression gear. Of course, mods from Ancient Gear can be transferred to regular gear and vice versa.

This can be a balance of those who want to play the game but not wanting to get stuck in the reset loop and deal with the burden loot downgrade restrictions but also for those who want to keep the reset aspect.

I really wish they would think about it, the Problem for me and many others is , I’m at AP 28 and my gear is already re-Set and I’ve even lost a fully C8 WM and a few other C8 stuff, we might just be out of luck.

@rdeal quote:

@gcstephen13 quote:

@Xuhybrid quote:

I was thinking of that idea myself, it would be great if they did it that way

That is a huge part, losing C8 gear. :-(. I have been pecking on the Trendy door hoping they share how they are going to fix this. I like a lot of the ideas here! Such as every ten resets you pick a piece of gear that can’t be reset. Or remove gear but not relics from resets. 

Here’s a new idea from off the cuff. Leave gear and relics alone but make materials part of the resets. To reset the first 20 times requires 200 plain motes per reset. Next two 400 shiny. etc. 

Great ideas! [[166314,users]] @trendy #CommunityIsTryingToHelp!

Kambien

@TMyth quote:

Here’s an idea, reset their onslaught floor, but require them to climb higher than previously instead of grinding mind numbing c1-7 which could be done with just your base ascension up to like c3

Another idea i personally like!

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

Well since this sorta became an AP suggestion thread, might was well put the suggestion that I've made for several other threads here too.

What if Onslaught have a main progression AND Ancient Power progression as in when we invoke AP, we have the option of how many characters out of all our hero cards we want to be reset. You can reset all if you want to but the point is to leave us some for the main progression. AP heroes couldn't be used for Main Progression nor Main Progression Heroes could be used for AP. Of course how asc reset would still be the same.  Now with that way, AP wouldn't be so punishing as there is still progression but we could also enjoy the game with what us the players has amassed with our loot instead of losing them.

To those who think that I could use Main Progression loots to power boost AP heroes, the solution could be that AP Onslaught only drops ancient gear that's strictly only have to do with AP heroes, they cannot use Main Progression gear. Of course, mods from Ancient Gear can be transferred to regular gear and vice versa.

This can be a balance of those who want to play the game but not wanting to get stuck in the reset loop and deal with the burden loot downgrade restrictions but also for those who want to keep the reset aspect.

Players who want to keep the reset aspect mostly want it because AP was a major investment, and they don't want other players to get the same benefits without having to make the same investment. (They ignore the benefits of having AP for the last year as what those who didn't make the same investment miss out on.) What you are suggesting would be super developer intensive time wise, not satisfy those who want AP to suck for others because it sucked for them and not offer anything new to those who actually want resets for the sake of resets, because if you just want to fresh start for the challenge of it, you can already start a new hero & only use on level gear. Just eliminating gear resets and leaving it at that would take 1% of the time and offer 99% of the amount of player satisfaction.

@BIGREDMONSTER quote:

Just give 1 C8 amp every reset because well I don't have a good reason right now I just want some C8 amps.

Only if C8 gear can’t be reset *cringe*