Sign in to follow this  
BABurrito69

So i wish id never reset....

So before you read on, this isn't a post about how i hate the reset system, i actually like it a lot. But i have one complaint with resetting, and that's the reaction of other people. Now im perfectly ok with ppl askin how many resets i have and asking any questions about resetting, ill answer those ALL DAY. But i just had this game in c3, and it was a weird one. I joined a public c3 on jacked sparrow, the builder was building, and all was good. One of the players (that wasn't building) types in chat "Give him all the money!" referring to me and the DU. Now i have no complaints building, 80% of the game is building. I like to build, however! The guy was already almost done with his build, so why mess with it. Also imma barb, so i can just hack and slash my way thro all the enemies in c3 no prob. The builder finishes building and hits, G, as do i and the other players. The round starts and i start chopping thro the mobs like butter (c7 barb vs c3 enemies, no contest) Now the build wasn't good, but they were natural c3 ppl, so that's about what i figured, NOT here to trash the build. Round one is over, build phase starts, 2 ppl hit G(one of them WAS the builder) I hit G, and than the builder sells All of his defenses and drops me mana to build jacked sparrow with 25 seconds to build, with only a barb in my deck... Now ive done alot of masteries, so 30 second build phase isnt a problem, but barb has no defenses so thats 10ish seconds to grab my monks for SGT and FA, than like what 10 seconds ish to build the whole map? it was dumb, i left, they prolly failed. I dont feel bad. Now i know i can just build c3 in private, i wasnt just leeching off other people, the only reason i join these maps in pubs is so i can kill stuff with the barb, explosions everywhere and gobus flying in every which way, its wonderful. And if i can help someone who may be struggling in the game thats a bonus. I just wish i could hide my reset symbol from everybody sometimes. So when i join pubs ppl dont freak out and sell a useable build, thinking they are worthless because they have no symbol. If i join a game they get 30 resets worth of AP points, so all their defenses are better, not that they know that tho, just because im in their game. Ugh that sounds self serving "just cause im here your automagically better" But yea, this happens kinda regularly and i kinda want a way to hide my resets, maybe a menu toggle? I miss my fake c2 characters, they were geared and looked exactly like c2 characters, so when i joined low lvl content nobody would know that im in c7. Now the reset icon basically throws that out the window, like a big target that says "HEY HE KNOWS WHAT HES DOING" Now to clarify, if im asked to build in a game that i join, 90% of the time i will, unless you host a game and wait for a carry shame on you, but please dont sell your stuff wave 2 and assume ill carry you just because my barb looks cool. Especially if 3 ppl already hit G...

I refuse to reset until they stop gear from resetting, This happens anyways on occasion. People see your gear score, and expect you to build because it will make everything go faster. Sucks the builder did it at the last second, but wasted his own time as much as yours.

One dumb incident in a game with very little toxicity and stupidity in the community and you wish you'd never reset?

@PHPH quote:

One dumb incident in a game with very little toxicity and stupidity in the community and you wish you'd never reset?

No i think you missed the mark of what i was talkin about. I love the reset system, I think everybody should reset. Just a bit tired of people assuming ill carry somebody JUST because of my resets, especially mid map.

@BABurrito69 quote:

@PHPH quote:

No i think you missed the mark of what i was talkin about. I love the reset system, I think everybody should reset. Just a bit tired of people assuming ill carry somebody JUST because of my resets, especially mid map.

What did you say when the other people said give you all the DU? That never happened to me mid map but I am quick to normally say no you build I'll support you unless I am the one that started a public C3 map. Comes down to communication. You may be playing with new people and honestly it may not have been about people wanting to be carried, but the respect they have for your level.

I have stopped resetting until they remove gear from being what is reset.  I like the idea of being able to find new gear, but why do that when the mods on my gear is the other half of my build now.  That path is not for great. :(  Hope we hear more on this soon!

The only way I could see keeping resets at how they are now is if we could spend points into obtaining more default DU.  Maybe just an additional 100 after spending 5 points.  If this isn't possible, it's horrible updating gear WITH relics and making progress that feels substantial.