Sign in to follow this  
Zaurux

Merry Christmas trendy, free ideas for you

First things first, I just want to say, you guys are amazing for putting up with all the negativity thrown your way by noisier members of the community. Hats off to you for that. 

Secondly, I want to give you some ideas, that hopefully will take a huge load of pressure from said members of community off of you. Hopefully. 

Red vs blue tower defence

This was a game mode I heavily enjoyed in dd1. You had a time limit to build your defences before you could start sending different mobs to the opposing side, which costed mana. You could even send a spider queen boss to the opposing side in hopes that it’d be strong enough to wipe them all out and win you the game. If done correctly, this be a great addition to dd2 and offer some fun content for when you feel burnt out from the grind. Could even incorporate players stats, though would probably be far easier to balance by having fixed stats.

Assault maps

These were really fun to play in dd1, hacking and slashing your way through hordes of enemies and defences to try destroy all the crystal cores within the time limit. Some maps could even have bosses at the end. 

Boss rush

Another fun game mode from dd1, you had a time limit to kill each wave of bosses as quick as possible, and you’d get a created eagle standard at the end. I think it’s a shame that there’s a decent pool of bosses in dd2, yet after you reach a certain point you just don’t do them anymore. This would bringing those bosses back into the spotlight.

MOBA tower defence

Now, to my knowledge, this variant of MOBA has never been done before. Seeing as how this game originally was going to be a battle arena type game, How about bringing it back as a game mode? With all the generic features of a MOBA-type game (levelling, skill levelling, lane pushing, jungle farming, etc. ) with the exception of you give the players a build phase to get each of the 3 lanes setup. Your objective would be to push one of the 3 lanes toward the enemy’s crystal core, which would win you the game.

Player vs player arenas / capture the flag

Player vs player is a great way to test your skills against other players in mmos, and though it can get pretty heated at times, is a fun level of competitiveness when approached with a calm state of mind. Think about an arena pvp game mode, but with the twist that you also have a small DU pool for defences. 

Then you also have capture the flag. You’d get a build phase to place down defences around the map, and once that ends your objective is to capture the enemy flag enough times to reach the score limit before the enemy team does the same thing. Like red vs blue tower defence, this’d be easier to balance with fixed stat values. 

Rewards

As for Rewards, you could add mini game packs. similar to defender packs, but that are unique to the mini games. Rewards from these could be things such as flairs, weapon skins, character skins & defender medals. This means players can still have fun, whilst also feeling as if they aren’t loosing out on anything by playing these mini games every now and then.

... and that concludes my ideas list for the time being. Hopefully this’ll give you some ideas to get the angry hordes off your back for awhile, or maybe even spark about new ones. Merry Christmas Trendy, and thank you for pouring your heart and soul into the game, even if not every player is appreciative of that. Keep up the good work!