Sign in to follow this  
PenguinPirate

My ideal solution to the current low RNG problems of MODs, C8 amps and Re-rolls

If you don't like reading, I made the most important part Bold

To get straight to the point, we need to be making progress to our goal.
With every update I am excitedly pulled back in to better my gear. The news of Chaos 8 ampoules, the new re-rolling of mods, I am drawn back to the game with the motivation to grind these out so I can finally get to the perfect gear I want.

But sadly, every time, I am hit with the reality that the chances of that happening are just so ridiculously low.
I'll grind onslaught floors for days, not get any C8 amps, look online and read about people going through over 100 floors and maybe receiving one. Motivation killed.

I jump on and get the new re-rolls for mods, try it a hundred times, never get anything higher than a 3 for my tenacity that's already at 6. Motivation killed.
It just instantly ends up feeling like a waste of time, like I'm going to have to devote an unholy amount of hours just for the non-guaranteed CHANCE of getting what I want on ONE piece of gear.

My solution? Add/change the system so we are always making progress to what we want, rather than leave it to a chance that very well feels like it'll never happen.

So maybe every 10-20 Onslaught floors we get a special item that will increase a single MOD's level by 1.
Maybe when we finally save up to 10,000 Chaos 7 ampoules we are able to convert them into a single Chaos 8 ampoule.

This would give me motivation because every level I play doesn't feel like a waste of time. I know I'm gaining more and more C7 amps and getting closer to a goal of having a C8 amp I know is possible and in reach.
Receiving an item that allows me to increase a mod by one level every 10-20 Onslaught floors gives me the motivation to grind because I know, that if I put in the hard work, I'll eventually be able to get to that perfect level 10 mod. This will still allow higher mod drops to be valuable because it's a shorter climb to making them perfect. This will also give worth to the crazy amount of C7 amps I have stacked up.

These are just concepts to give you an idea of what I would like, we just need SOMETHING that gives us a workable goal rather than blindly playing week after week for a goal we might never reach.

Thanks for reading!

Completely agree. Loot would feel better if it was progression based instead of lottery based. But I don't think they can make that change without radically re-adjusting their playtime goals; and if they do re-adjust playtime goals, I'm not sure it will be necessary.

In my opinion, it should take maybe 2000 hours to max out every piece of gear on every hero. That would maxing out one hero every 150ish hours, one piece of gear every 20ish hours, so getting one C8 amp every 4ish hours. Casual players could max out a piece of gear each month, a hero or two over a year. While those playing like it's a full time job could max out a hero each month, and all heroes over a year. Then Trendy just adds a new tier of gear once a year, to keep everyone playing. Instead, it seems like Trendy is aiming for 5-10 times those numbers, to make each C8 amp feel super special.

If there was a progression system and players saw just how long it would take to complete anything as numbers currently are, I think it would drive a lot of players away. If they adjust their numbers to be more reasonable, with players getting something like a C8 amp every 4 or so hours, players would feel progress towards improving their hero often enough that a change from lottery to a progression based system might not be necessary.

They made some steps towards this with 10/10 MODS every 4 hours (on average). Unfortunately, getting a 10/10 MOD doesn't feel like any sort of progress because it's seldom the MOD you're trying to get. Of course, right now, C8 amps don't feel like progress to a lot of people either because they just sit in your vault anyways, collecting dust thanks to gear resets making it foolish to actually use them until you've completed AP.

Yep....Tots want this. I mean I think more people will enjoy it if there was some sort of objective for them. Even if is, say do 300 maps for 1 shard of there choice. There is a lot of RNG in this game which to say RNG Isn't bad but shouldn't be a big chunk of progression in any game.