Sign in to follow this  
MaJean

Metal fatigue

It´s becoming harder and harder for me to sit through a session of DD2. I almost can´t even be bothered to do dailies anymore. I want to have the urge to play, and I start up the game, but as soon as I see the loading screen I feel like shutting it down again. I´ll tell you exactly why:

It is too repetitive. 

We seriously need some more game modes. Something else to do, if you like me, don´t find it very interesting to do AP resets. Onslaught is fine, but there is no real incentive to climb. 

The updates are fine, but they only interest me for 10 minutes untill I load up a map and start playing and it just feels like I did this a million times already. 

Can you please draw some inspiration from DD1 and incorporate some of the crazy challenges to change things up a little. Chickens, Moving cores, Boss rush challenges, Assault challenge, Monster fest - and so on. 

Is this something TE has on the horizon? 

Regards

M.

I couldn't agree more.  I enjoy grinding but there has to be some sort of purpose.  Just farming AP to push more Onslaught, which quite frankly matters for nothing, isn't much incentive.  DD1 had so many more fun events to it.  DD2 has... nothing.

Also one thing that just makes me really sad about this series in general.  I miss the old trials, just doing that for a few hours.  I'd literally leave my computer up all night if I couldn't finish the map just to try later.  With the memory leaks and how often this game crashes on me there's 0 chance of being able to do that now even if they added.  Ask Trendy for help?  They ignore me and say too bad, they can't do anything.

It's like we all stick around from fond memories of back in the day, but this game will never be like that again, unfortunately.

I would definitely say I second all that. I really do miss the days of Pre-Trials. The friggin' memories...I even miss the days of Pre-POTA it wasn't much of a grindfest. And all the power/loot you had, you could use it and won't be put into a possibly hibernation because of resets.

Really do wish Incursion be back to it's glory days and something really be done about AP. If the arguement is if I don't like it then I don't invoke it, then something is wrong with it. I will say that Mastery is an exception as it just cover a certain aspect. AP cover quite a large aspect of the game.

I would come up with another wall of text but I have to go to bed, so maybe later.

@MaJean quote:

It´s becoming harder and harder for me to sit through a session of DD2. I almost can´t even be bothered to do dailies anymore. I want to have the urge to play, and I start up the game, but as soon as I see the loading screen I feel like shutting it down again. I´ll tell you exactly why:

It is too repetitive. 

We seriously need some more game modes. Something else to do, if you like me, don´t find it very interesting to do AP resets. Onslaught is fine, but there is no real incentive to climb. 

The updates are fine, but they only interest me for 10 minutes untill I load up a map and start playing and it just feels like I did this a million times already. 

Can you please draw some inspiration from DD1 and incorporate some of the crazy challenges to change things up a little. Chickens, Moving cores, Boss rush challenges, Assault challenge, Monster fest - and so on. 

Regards

M.

i feel the same but at the same time some of us have some insane hours logged in this game. i dont have any other games with over 3k hours ,  1.5k in DD1. when i get like this i just play something else for a while and i find myself missing DD2 again. I would love for Trendy  to update the game engine , get rid of some bugs , and add some new game modes. none of the modes we have now fit very well together . do masteries just to store all your hyper shards away cause they are too expensive to upgrade when your are doing AP resets which is most of what the content is heh. that and not being able to use most of your tinkered gear after an onslaught climb for more AP. unless you want to dump an insane amount of resources into upgrading gear. i still dont get how they think plain motes is fine when the drop rate is half of what the shiny motes are and its just 10 more shiny motes per item. 

@direnels quote:

@MaJean quote:

It is too repetitive. 

Regards

M.

i feel the same but at the same time some of us have some insane hours logged in this game. i dont have any other games with over 3k hours ,  1.5k in DD1. when i get like this i just play something else for a while and i find myself missing DD2 again. I would love for Trendy  to update the game engine , get rid of some bugs , and add some new game modes. none of the modes we have now fit very well together . do masteries just to store all your hyper shards away cause they are too expensive to upgrade when your are doing AP resets which is most of what the content is heh. that and not being able to use most of your tinkered gear after an onslaught climb for more AP. unless you want to dump an insane amount of resources into upgrading gear. i still dont get how they think plain motes is fine when the drop rate is half of what the shiny motes are and its just 10 more shiny motes per item. 

That's exactly what I do. Play another game. Right now I'm back to my Forza driving phase while still doing my FIFA weekly play. Next week I travel so it will likely be back to DD2 :) There is just something about this game that brings you back but if it's the only thing, it can drain you quickly.

@MaJean quote:

It is too repetitive. 

Regards

M.

Meh i'm way against the AP system. I know they won't remove it and i agree they shouldn't due to the insane amount of time some people used on this, but i feel like AP totally kills the diversity in the game. I don't understand why the Devs think the problem with AP is about it being "rewarding" . Now imagine a boss rush challenge is released and you only have WM upgraded to fight it, GG. 

We definitely need more game modes. I never understood why DD 2 took the worst aspects of the RPG type. Where are the quests? The immersive world? The dungeons/instances? The global events? character development ? The game lacks so much those aspects and yet it is so focused in the endless grinding.

@Whatever Gunwitch quote:

Meh i'm way against the AP system. I know they won't remove it and i agree they shouldn't due to the insane amount of time some people used on this, but i feel like AP totally kills the diversity in the game. I don't understand why the Devs think the problem with AP is about it being "rewarding" . Now imagine a boss rush challenge is released and you only have WM upgraded to fight it, GG. 

We definitely need more game modes. I never understood why DD 2 took the worst aspects of the RPG type. Where are the quests? The immersive world? The dungeons/instances? The global events? character development ? The game lacks so much those aspects and yet it is so focused in the endless grinding.

I agree. It's a nice concept. I think it could be fixed with the option of a partial reset instead of a total reset. And have two separate progressions instead too. Here's the idea :

What if Onslaught have a main progression AND Ancient Power progression as in when we invoke AP, we have the option of how many characters out of all our hero cards we want to be reset. You can reset all if you want to but the point is to leave us some for the main progression. AP heroes couldn't be used for Main Progression nor Main Progression Heroes could be used for AP. Of course how asc reset would still be the same.  Now with that way, AP wouldn't be so punishing as there is still progression but we could also enjoy the game with what us the players has amassed with our loot instead of losing them.

To those who think that I could use Main Progression loots to power boost AP heroes, the solution could be that AP Onslaught only drops ancient gear that's strictly only have to do with AP heroes, they cannot use Main Progression gear. Of course, mods from Ancient Gear can be transferred to regular gear and vice versa.

@MaJean quote:

It is too repetitive. 

Regards

M.

i feel the same exact way. this is the reason why i did not like the shard system or some of the recent updates. 

before all this, i would grind for 3% hearty on everything and also try to farm for the perfect poison dart bow. i liked the RNG.

now it is too easy and have nothing to do. onslaught or mastery or the AP resets dont interest me

Perhaps the problem does not lie within the game, but rather within you. Why play a game if you don’t enjoy it? Take a break. Get some fresh air. Go for a bike ride or a jog. See, there’s such a wide variety of activities you can take part in within life, yet instead you choose to make it repetitive for yourself. I myself am aware of when I get burnt out from certain parts of the game, yet do I come rushing to the forums to complain? No. I go do something else until I’m ready again for another dd2 session. 

... though I will hop on the dd1 bandwagon. The huge variety of game modes available was what made the grind much more enjoyable. 

Anyways, I don’t mean to come off as rude by what I said in my first paragraph, but rather I meant it as advice. If dd2 is burning you out...you should probably take a break. 

@Zaurux quote:

Perhaps the problem does not lie within the game, but rather within you. Why play a game if you don’t enjoy it? Take a break. Get some fresh air. Go for a bike ride or a jog. See, there’s such a wide variety of activities you can take part in within life, yet instead you choose to make it repetitive for yourself. I myself am aware of when I get burnt out from certain parts of the game, yet do I come rushing to the forums to complain? No. I go do something else until I’m ready again for another dd2 session. 

... though I will hop on the dd1 bandwagon. The huge variety of game modes available was what made the grind much more enjoyable. 

Anyways, I don’t mean to come off as rude by what I said in my first paragraph, but rather I meant it as advice. If dd2 is burning you out...you should probably take a break. 

Perhaps the problem also lies within the eye of the beholder. If one wanted, one could take what I wrote in the OP and actually see it as a piece of advice for making the game better, as I don´t think I´m the only one who thinks the repetitive nature of the game, will scare people away.

I saw what you wrote abot "negativity from noisier members of the community" in another post. That´s such a passive aggressive way to take a dump on everybody. I don´t know who you meant by that statement, but congrats you made my - and probably someone elses - day a little worse.

i just hate farming rather just start at floor 1 in onslaught with all or even just 1 of my tower relics then grind  c3-6 for motes n gold resetting is too expensive like higher you go more towers you need .i'd say up to 40 you can prob get away with 1 and bodge the rest but after it starts getting expensive 2mill per relic another mill or so for un guilded set not to mention motes n clusters i just cant keep up

@MaJean quote:

@Zaurux quote:

Perhaps the problem also lies within the eye of the beholder. If one wanted, one could take what I wrote in the OP and actually see it as a piece of advice for making the game better, as I don´t think I´m the only one who thinks the repetitive nature of the game, will scare people away.

I saw what you wrote abot "negativity from noisier members of the community" in another post. That´s such a passive aggressive way to take a dump on everybody. I don´t know who you meant by that statement, but congrats you made my - and probably someone elses - day a little worse.

Everybody would imply that the entire community is being negative - which is not true. There are members of the community who appreciate the game for what it is, but also provide constructive criticism, and then there are those who whine. The devs would much rather hear construct criticism than have everybody up in arms at them constantly, as they are a small team yet still put a lot of effort into the game.