Sign in to follow this  
Zaurux

Air lanes flip me over and destroy me from behind

title should sum it up enough really... 2 Skyguards per air lane and still theres just too many air mobs... and on temple floor 69 with assassins to deal with at the same time, plus multiple air lanes... help? please? 

Biggest problem is most airlanes contain multiple EMP kobolds these days and most towers cannot handle them I end up putting down oblisks to decoy them.

Might give flame auras at try as I have tried lightning strike auras which were not 100% successful TBH. 

yep just make a flame aura or a wep man .wep man's more expensive but with shoc rev it'll stun so just make its range big as possable and you'll be able to clip most flyer lanes may also need a cannon or pdt for control burn and clean up

I used skyguards up to floor 120.  Some lanes had 2 skyguards, others used obelisk+skyguard combo.  You may need to reevaluate how your ascension points are allocated or get a better relic.  Of course, not all maps have enough DU that you can spend 100 DU per air lane in addition to what you need to spend for the ground lanes.

@MaJean quote:

Just use PDT´s instead. 

Don't you think it's a problem that a non-AA defense is better at AA than a defense who's only purpose is to be AA?

@Cymmina quote:

I used skyguards up to floor 120.  Some lanes had 2 skyguards, others used obelisk+skyguard combo.  You may need to reevaluate how your ascension points are allocated or get a better relic.  Of course, not all maps have enough DU that you can spend 100 DU per air lane in addition to what you need to spend for the ground lanes.

@MaJean quote:

Just use PDT´s instead. 

Don't you think it's a problem that a non-AA defense is better at AA than a defense who's only purpose is to be AA?

Yes.

"flip me over and destroy me from behind" . I'm 22 and yet this made me giggle.

You know what would be cool? If we could choose the type of enemy the tower gives priority. This probably happens because the SGT takes its time to kill the dragons and totally forgets about kobolt. If we could force it to target the emp first and grab an anti-support servo i bet it would solve the problem. Also it would make another towers way better like the retarded AI nimbus. 

@Cymmina quote:

@MaJean quote:

Just use PDT´s instead. 

skyguards were optimally setup, maxed ascension, destruction, range + rate, with range, damage to chaos and damage to cc for mods... even tried pdt & skyguard yet still air lanes got overrun wave 5. S

@Whatever Gunwitch quote:

"flip me over and destroy me from behind" . I'm 22 and yet this made me giggle.

You know what would be cool? If we could choose the type of enemy the tower gives priority. This probably happens because the SGT takes its time to kill the dragons and totally forgets about kobolt. If we could force it to target the emp first and grab an anti-support servo i bet it would solve the problem. Also it would make another towers way better like the retarded AI nimbus. 

thought that'd sum it up pretty well lol. but yeah i agree would be nice if sky guard had priority for emp > air kobald > other air, as it doesn't do a very good job of guarding anything lol

@Acenf quote:

yep just make a flame aura or a wep man .wep man's more expensive but with shoc rev it'll stun so just make its range big as possable and you'll be able to clip most flyer lanes may also need a cannon or pdt for control burn and clean up

swapped my flame aura relic to my EV for weapon mans, weapon man was good for other air lanes but it couldn't reach air on two of the lanes, i guess vicious range could've helped in this situation... though i got burned out from mastery soon as i hit 55 points lol. 

Is rather amusing however that a tower that is only able to target air enemies, doesn't do a very good job of it whatsoever. Fingers crossed man and machine is next class in development and has a anti air missile launcher in its arsenal...

There's lots of different options. 

• Flame auras
  • Water Skyguards + LSAs for the shock value
  • PDTs
  • Water PDTs + Storm Skyguards

...just to name a few.  Personally, I usually use a FA + LSA if possible, with a skyguard as backup on hard levels/lanes.