Sign in to follow this  
Tolkmit

Drop Rate Changes or Bad Luck?

So this afternoon I did the new map in a group of 4 six(ish) times, and I'm not sure I got any MODS higher than 5. I wasn't sure, since the couple 6-9 in my bags I believe were from previously, but not positive they all were. So tonight I emptied my bags, did 5 more maps, Onslaught this time, and a single 6 was the only 5+ MOD. Before the update, it felt like I could get a MOD in the 6-9 range a decent clip more often than this.

Is this just bad luck, or did the new update remove the buffs to MOD drops in the 6-9 range? I know this is anecdotal evidence, and a small sample; but I get the feeling that when today's update changed the lvl 10 MOD drops to the new system which includes bad luck protection, it also reset the rest of the drop chances for 6-9 to what they were prior to 4.1. Anyone else?

The drop amounts are the same as before the update, sounds like some small sample RNG. We've seen some people getting Mods much faster and seeing 10/10's withing very few rerolls. The only change we made was to ensure that there were no more crazy extremes without seeing any for prolonged periods of time.

i think it is weird i have yet to see a single defense rate mod drop since the update. i did a reset a few hours after the patch . 26 resets and i always find a few crappy defense rate mods for ramsters and ES and a few pierce mods for PDT and cannons  . yet i am seeing water mods like never before lol . 

@direnels quote:

i think it is weird i have yet to see a single defense rate mod drop since the update. i did a reset a few hours after the patch . 26 resets and i always find a few crappy defense rate mods for ramsters and ES and a few pierce mods for PDT and cannons  . yet i am seeing water mods like never before lol . 

Unlucky. I have had some, but I'm still rolling with a 6 defense rate and an 8 piercer. Can't wait to try the water mod though on a cannon if they are effective LOL

seems more than unlucky , just takes a 1 bar rate mod to hit the max rate with a DR shard . i always get lucky and find an 45kish DP mythical medallion with fire or rate. gotta have my fire ramsters for frosties :)

anyway i am back to floor 51 running WM , LSA and a water ramster on every lane except frost and roller lanes. . its hilarious , obviously on higher floors this wouldn't work  . 

@LAWLTA quote:

The drop amounts are the same as before the update, sounds like some small sample RNG. We've seen some people getting Mods much faster and seeing 10/10's withing very few rerolls. The only change we made was to ensure that there were no more crazy extremes without seeing any for prolonged periods of time.

Awesome, thanks for the response.

Yea I have had a turn of bad luck over the last two days as well. Know it's just the RNG though as everyone else in the group celebrates their new 10/10 every 15 seconds Emoji_Kobalt.png

I've done about 70 (ish) rerolls on a water servo and had 1 roll that was quality 7, a couple of 6 rolls and the rest were below that. Felt pretty crappy to be honest but hey-ho, rng often kicks people square in the nuts.

I did around 70 times reroll on 9/10 shocking and no luck, i think i must do 10 hours rerolls to get a 10/10 roll.

Drops for me rare like before no luck