Sign in to follow this  
bonny

Request on the First Person Camera Change mechanics

I propose we either change or adopt something that deals with being in first person in Dungeon Defenders. I'm pretty sure people have tried to upgrade or repair towers while in first person and have also notice that your camera bugs out, it's pretty much inevitable and for a good reason, it changes so you can get a better view of what you're doing. But for players like me, where I'm constantly upgrading or repairing anything and everything in front of me. It wouldn't be a big deal if the camera didn't bounce around so much.

So, my proposal would be to do something that only affects being in first person mode when upgrading, repairing or doing anything like that. It would keep your character in first person regardless. The only way I can think of this would be maybe making a toggle for it, or something in the settings that doesn't allow the camera to bounce between first and third person points of view.

I do understand that the camera changing while in first person is intended and it is a lot better for people to have it switch around perspectives, but for me personally and a couple other people, it's rather annoying.

I wouldn't want to change it completely to where first person mode is stuck in this state, but I'd like it to change be something like, you hit a button that toggles your camera to do the first person mode thing. Now when you're in first person it doesn't change your camera to third person when attempting to repair or upgrade.

This won't affect the other camera points of view, just when you're in first person. Scrolling out of first person while the toggle is enabled wouldn't change how the other cameras react, only while in first person.

If you have anything to add, or even if you disagree, comment your opinion. I want to see if people think this is worthy of being changed.

I agree that upgrading in first person is a mess, since it bounces you off every time you press the button. If making this is possible with just unreal script, I support the change