Sign in to follow this  
MaJean

Why I think Blaze Balloons are underrated

I really like Blaze Balloon, they do cover damage quite nicely. The thing I would like to change about them isn't damage or cost but mechanical. The first enemies to walk through it are fast ones, they trigger it and then take that extra step before damage starts applying, and these are usually Berzerkers or frost gobu as they tend to be the quickest down the lane. I noticed that you had some of the frost gobu throwing at you and if you weren't there then you PDT would have to cover the problem. 

I would like the balloon itself to offset from the trigger and have the edge of its damage circle cross through the middle of the trigger. this would make enemies trigger it before entering the damage area and make them walk through the full length. 

The next part isn't as important but would offer something different, if also they could make the first quarter of the full burn duration make the lava fall dealing damage to air and would be like lava rain would be a little neat.

@Exglint quote:

- snip - 

I see what you're going for!  But other towers should be able to take out quick movers.  Blazer Balloon doesn't exactly sound like a "Fast" tower. ;-)

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

Ok whoa, that IS something there.....

Seeing the mini-map, I would guess the whole map/every lane is covered with that build?! And there's no perfect tenacity at work?

The rest of the map was just WMF, PDT´s and I think one more BB in a frost lane. There is no perfect tenacity, that one is sitting in my protons which I didn´t use here:)

@MaJean quote:

Seeing the mini-map, I would guess the whole map/every lane is covered with that build?! And there's no perfect tenacity at work?

The rest of the map was just WMF, PDT´s and I think one more BB in a frost lane. There is no perfect tenacity, that one is sitting in my protons which I didn´t use here:)

So u did finally get your tenacity for your protons    :)

@024noi quote:

@MaJean quote:

So u did finally get your tenacity for your protons    :)

I did yes, and its every bit as good as I thought it would be:)

That's certainly interesting, but how well do they perform on higher floors?  Could one actually use it in place of fissures or ramsters on a frost lane?

@Cymmina quote:

That's certainly interesting, but how well do they perform on higher floors?  Could one actually use it in place of fissures or ramsters on a frost lane?

Yes. They do high damage at tier 1. Don´t quote me on this, because I haven't tested fissures of lately, but damagewise I believe one BB is the equivalent of around 2 fissures, so you would be saving mana on upgrades in lanes where only one or two BB's are needed. There is also the fact that they work so well against Cyborks, so they are ideal for CyFrost lanes.

@MaJean quote:

Sweet! And thanks too! 

Now...I wonder, is that build feasible for reset runs (without relic upgrading)? I'm kinda may be getting tired of using Cannonballs and Ramsters here haha.

@Kambien quote:

@Exglint quote:

- snip - 

I see what you're going for!  But other towers should be able to take out quick movers.  Blazer Balloon doesn't exactly sound like a "Fast" tower. ;-)

It is a fast tower though, its max attack rate is 0.25. Thats better than both FA and Fissure at 0.31 and 0.38 respectively. The disadvantage here is that 1. It needs to be triggered from the middle of the attacking zone or manually. 2. Cyborcs will stop this before it does anything. 3. Its range is 1140 with full Range Gambit and a gilded Deadly Strikes.

While in this very specific instance MaJean used them to great effect, you have to carefully look at whats going on. They are not handling the lanes alone, they are on Frost enemy lanes, and most importantly he is exploiting enemy AI to make Cyborks attack from behind the spawn making the stun do nothing. The question after that is, how well do they do in the middle of the lane, against normal enemies (not frost), and with Cyborks in the mix.

I will be delving deep into the Huntress and all her defenses soon because I plan to do a Huntress only push into Onslaught to see how far I can get with only Huntress and no other heroes for fun. Blaze Balloon is a big thing for me right now as I'm trying to gear it up and find where to use it and the other traps.