Sign in to follow this  
Cymmina

Crafting material requirements for item upgrades needs a reality check

@SELL SW0RD quote:

Thanks, Lawlta!  I know that specifics and details are unavailable right now. But just knowing there is light at the end of the tunnel is wonderful. 

TE rocks!

X2 

Well i for one stopped playing dd2. By the time i was done with ap resets i was soooooo sick of farming lower chaos tiers for materials, it became painful just to fire up the game. Games are supposed to be fun, not bore the crap out of u. Before materials were introduced this was on of the funnest games i've played in a very long time. Why? Cuz i could play the tiers that were relevant to my power level. Now we're forced to play way beneath it for days on end. I didn't even mind the 3 maps per floor system, at least they were engaging, farming c3 and c6 for mats .... Zzzzzzzzz

If this issue gets fixed could someone let me know cuz i do miss the game but i seriously can't sit through anymore c3 maps. 

@LAWLTA quote:

We have a system we're looking into right now that should help alleviate a lot of these concerns. There's a slew of things we're trying to design and test that has you playing content that is more engaging while being able to earn the things you want.

Just turn off gear resets for AP, and spend the dev time on new content instead of designing workarounds to fix the design of old systems. Ultimately, a lot of players aren't going to be happy resetting their gear regardless of the crafting materials issue. The new system will either still leave players pigeon-holed into using one or two defenses for efficiency over and over, thus making the game less fun because of lack of diversity; or it will make leveling your gear easy, in which case it's more efficient use of dev time to just turn off what is causing the players main need to level their gear.

Gear resets aren't fun. Don't waste time trying to take them from "super not fun" to just being "really not fun," just take them out entirely and spend the time on making other things that are fun.

@Tolkmit quote:

@LAWLTA quote:

We have a system we're looking into right now that should help alleviate a lot of these concerns. There's a slew of things we're trying to design and test that has you playing content that is more engaging while being able to earn the things you want.

Just turn off gear resets for AP, and spend the dev time on new content instead of designing workarounds to fix the design of old systems. Ultimately, a lot of players aren't going to be happy resetting their gear regardless of the crafting materials issue. The new system will either still leave players pigeon-holed into using one or two defenses for efficiency over and over, thus making the game less fun because of lack of diversity; or it will make leveling your gear easy, in which case it's more efficient use of dev time to just turn off what is causing the players main need to level their gear.

Gear resets aren't fun. Don't waste time trying to take them from "super not fun" to just being "really not fun," just take them out entirely and spend the time on making other things that are fun.

Genius. 

@LAWLTA quote:

If we say we're looking into something, especially of this scale, there's no way we'd get it out within a few weeks. Being that it's something that potentially effects the economy, ancient power, and progression for all players, we need to be very careful and put in the time.

Remove gear resets with AP reset and start adding new contentto the game, right now you guys just keep adding new systems to the game. That’snice but without new content it gets old fast. Make the game so we as a playerhave to push forwards and not always backwards and make it rewarding for theplayer.

New chaos levels “8 threw 14 maybe”

New bad guys

New bosses

New maps

New story

New heroes

Honnestly agree with just removing gear reset ! (just regular shards going to 1 , not hyper) 

How about making reset harder instead ? Let the players have their gear but increase the target floor more and more. 

In the current system reaching floor 200 is easy , why stop at 80 and limit building possibilities for players by crippling their gear ? 

In the current system you can either play the game normally (climb onslaught, farm , play mastery) or ap reset 

While ap reseting even chaos is locked behind a gearscore check , so you can't even play that. You need to complete every chaos once to even unlock incursions. Since all your gear is crippled you can't test new builds, you need to stick with one you know for a fact works (can t afford many relics). 

Gear crippling shouldn't exist in a loot based game like dungeon defender where massive farming is already involved in getting endgame gear. 

@Zombiewookie quote:

Honnestly agree with just removing gear reset ! (just regular shards going to 1 , not hyper) 

How about making reset harder instead ? Let the players have their gear but increase the target floor more and more. 

In the current system reaching floor 200 is easy , why stop at 80 and limit building possibilities for players by crippling their gear ? 

In the current system you can either play the game normally (climb onslaught, farm , play mastery) or ap reset 

While ap reseting even chaos is locked behind a gearscore check , so you can't even play that. You need to complete every chaos once to even unlock incursions. Since all your gear is crippled you can't test new builds, you need to stick with one you know for a fact works (can t afford many relics). 

Gear crippling shouldn't exist in a loot based game like dungeon defender where massive farming is already involved in getting endgame gear. 

The issue is Trendy has at times in the past catered to their die hard fans, and then ultimately out of that group the hardcore players.  This is one of the main reasons they changed it so many people can enjoy the reset system.  Casual players that can/could only put in 10 hours a week compared to the hardcore of 30, the offset of AP progression was staggering.

If they remove the gear as being part of the reset, I agree.  But to then also make it more difficult again, I disagree.

Gear reset has always been the main flaw. Which someone who I can't name never listened to.

Resets got harder not easier so fewer people will even do it. Plain motes anyone, duh.

Arrogance from someone who can't be named just puts people off, even die hard fans.

@hailminion quote:

@Zombiewookie quote:

I'm on the complete opposite of you LOL. Maybe I'm too early in the reset (7th), but my concern is been upgrading all my shards for defense... my gear just stay whatever I pick up, since my hero barely moves besides upgrading towers. 

I'm a little on the fence. Before I was the opposite but in thinking about it more upgrading shards do have an impact. My overall thought is that you are doing a reset - i.e. start over. So there needs to be at least a little bit of pain. How do you start over with everything all the same? The ancient part of it means, there is some benefit as an established player. My beef with the plain motes etc. is that the distribution is too heavily weighted at the top levels when you don't need them. I give away c7 motes but need to either spend the highest coins I ever spend in this game or play mind-dumbing c1-3. Seems a little backwards.

Also agree that all the chaos/incursion levels should be unlocked to whatever onslaught floor you start at on reset. 

@interval quote:

Remove gear resets with AP reset and start adding new contentto the game, right now you guys just keep adding new systems to the game. That’snice but without new content it gets old fast. Make the game so we as a playerhave to push forwards and not always backwards and make it rewarding for theplayer.

New chaos levels “8 threw 14 maybe”

New bad guys

New bosses

New maps

New story

New heroes

Just because we talk about one system being worked on, doesn't mean the other aspects of the game are going to be neglected. Of the list, the thing we're not going to focus on is new Chaos levels, as it creates a larger gap in our player base than we currently feel is needed. However, the others are definitely BIG focuses.

@Zombiewookie quote:

Are you kidding then why have only 16 players have done at least floor 200 on both consoles ? Please explain how to get to floor 200 easy because i can't/  i would appreciate the tips 

@playertt quote:

@Zombiewookie quote:

Are you kidding then why have only 16 players have done at least floor 200 on both consoles ? Please explain how to get to floor 200 easy because i can't/  i would appreciate the tips 

Floor 200 is 100% about time investment, how long do you wanna grind for the right mods and ascension. Only a few people are there because it takes time to get there, not because its hard. a high lvl shocking rev and some decent rolled lsa's will get you to 150 basically afk, im on 153 as my max with those and some fire rams alone (this was before replay from wave, its easier now than when i did it). also another person as a duo partner is an amazing boon. find a friend, gets some mods and floor 200 is ez! 

@Kambien quote:

@Zombiewookie quote:

The issue is Trendy has at times in the past catered to their die hard fans, and then ultimately out of that group the hardcore players.  This is one of the main reasons they changed it so many people can enjoy the reset system.  Casual players that can/could only put in 10 hours a week compared to the hardcore of 30, the offset of AP progression was staggering.

If they remove the gear as being part of the reset, I agree.  But to then also make it more difficult again, I disagree.

@BABurrito69 quote:

@playertt quote:

@Zombiewookie quote:

Floor 200 is 100% about time investment, how long do you wanna grind for the right mods and ascension. Only a few people are there because it takes time to get there, not because its hard. a high lvl shocking rev and some decent rolled lsa's will get you to 150 basically afk, im on 153 as my max with those and some fire rams alone (this was before replay from wave, its easier now than when i did it). also another person as a duo partner is an amazing boon. find a friend, gets some mods and floor 200 is ez! 

So overall what you are saying is that it is not easy for many since many don't have that kind of time. Personally, I enjoy variety and a life..but I love my DD2 :)

@BABurrito69 quote:

@playertt quote:

@Zombiewookie quote:

i got perfect tenacity all guilded shards and 69600 medallion still not easy to floor 200 i can beat up to floor 50s okay but haven't tried higher since temple got replay from last wave fixed may try again soon