Sign in to follow this  
Acenf

mote farming blowwssss HARD

they are few n far between just spent about 6h farming plain motes (got 50 btw) to lvl 1 relic back to max (well with the other motes and crystals also) after a reset. i need 2 my wep man and my cannon. i can get by on these up to onslaught lvl60 ish only thing stopping me is farming EVERYTHING! i really cant take it .

i play your game in bursts but they're gettting shorter n shorter . i really got back into this last week was loving it till inv filled up with shards i'd love to guild but i've spent all i have on resets, collecting and buying motes just so i can progress its not a skill wall i've hit these are fun to try break through its a farming 1 and these are not.

motes arent needed just go back to the gold and just keep the crystals if you must.

golds bad enough to farm on its own and why do we have to do stages in a row to get the streak why not just the same session you wont let free accounts get extra bags we need time to sort our inv .

i really need your help i want to play i'm just finding it more difficult as time goes on .

heres a stupid idea for so much gold or def medals protect a relic or gear piece from reset .

bet people write these all the time then delete them at the last second . i nearly did a few times .

basically summing it up i'm struggling thought shops would help but no

I'm not a super huge fan of the plain motes as they are now but I think pre-planning would have prevented this. Before I even started resetting I farm and bought up plain motes until I had enough to do all 13 resets I needed. Where I know not everyone can do this because bag space, but that did allow me to farm c3 with a max relic. Each c3 takes 10 mins and gives 5 motes, equaling 30 per hour. In 6 hours you would have had 180 plain motes which would last you 2 resets because you are doing 2 relics. I don't know how many resets you have done or how many you plan to do but I did 12 with only one relic and did 13 with two just for the giggles. If you spent a little time in c3 each reset after your relics were max it would lift the pain a lot.

Another reason why the C3 grind for motes needs improving. I am sort of stuck on the idea of bosses dropping a guaranteed 1-2 motes per boss kill - with this in addition to the normal drop of motes - to ease this climb. Finding c4-c7 motes is easy because it feels like most don’t pursue resets so therefore we don’t see them for sale like higher tier motes. I have so many c7 motes it is ridiculous. C4, plenty as well! Tier 1... the grind is there. 

c3 as it kills the 2nd grinding bird looking for deadly strikes or maybe its vicious either way need both

If you're looking to grind for plain motes, the fastest way is definitely to start up a c3 map, play it untill you get 4-5 motes (which usually happens after wave 2) and then leave game and start the cycle all over, personally i always do gates of dragonfall as that map has the fastest build time, i just slap down a flame aura at each entrence. This strategy usually give me 80 motes in 1-1,5 hour which is enough for a reset. 

However I do agree the number of motes being dropped per map should not increase with chaos tier, I think plain motes should be as easily obtainable as pristine motes. There is really no reason as to why there should be such a big difference, because after all, all of the motes are needed to fully evolve a piece of gear, and (assuming i remember correctly) the mote system is the new intended way to progress through resets. I understand the desire to make c7 feel more special with more drops, but c7 is already special, that is where you get the best gear, the most gold and the most xp. C7 doesn`t need to drop the most motes too, imo the current drop rates is way too much, there will never be a significant reason to farm c7 for motes. I think the drop rates should meet somewhere in the middle, at perhaps 6-7 motes (at the most) per map. It is supposed to be a grind to reset, I dont feel like we need to much in order for the plain mote farming to be acceptable, I just feel that the difference in drop rates between c1 and c7 just escalates the problem more than it needs to.

- btw its deadly strikes ;) (vicious is the second mastery shard)