Sign in to follow this  
Zimmermann

A shame about Water Elemental shard

I came back after a long period away, and noticed my aura build was not working anymore... turns out the water elemental shard has been turned off. This is sad news, and frankly while the game has not gotten its hooks in yet, has caused me to quit once more.

May return when its turned back on again or there is some other cool shards added which makes a 2-4 tower build work. I was never a fan of using 20 tower types with each lane being different, I liked making a build and clearing with that. 

Other then that really like the changes to the game, love the customizability to relics (and gear tho i haven't bothered with that yet) the war table is great now (market place is still a wtf moment, and probably needs rethinking). but in general this game is getting so so much better, its just super unfortunate that those tiny things are tragically things that seem to always manage to break my build.

So I recently came back. What did water do before? Cause drenching? I am in the same boat. I love using a mixture of towers to create a great synergy for a lane! 

@Kambien quote:

So I recently came back. What did water do before? Cause drenching? I am in the same boat. I love using a mixture of towers to create a great synergy for a lane! 

ye drench

@Zimmermann quote:

I came back after a long period away, and noticed my aura build was not working anymore... turns out the water elemental shard has been turned off. This is sad news, and frankly while the game has not gotten its hooks in yet, has caused me to quit once more.

May return when its turned back on again or there is some other cool shards added which makes a 2-4 tower build work. I was never a fan of using 20 tower types with each lane being different, I liked making a build and clearing with that. 

Other then that really like the changes to the game, love the customizability to relics (and gear tho i haven't bothered with that yet) the war table is great now (market place is still a wtf moment, and probably needs rethinking). but in general this game is getting so so much better, its just super unfortunate that those tiny things are tragically things that seem to always manage to break my build.

2 seems a bit extreme but why don't 4 tower builds work? Realistically I use 4, 5 for Omega Waves and 4  heroes. I don't want to be messing around much either and swapping things in and out. I just want to play and figure out the puzzle.

Weapon manufacturer. PDT´s. LSA´s. Blaze balloons. All you need! 

When you get a perfect Tenacity: throw in some protons.

I actually have stopped using WMFG for Fissures. Just waiting for the nerf to hit WMFG and may as well not become reliant on it. 

I never used more than 6 different defenses :thinking: Is it even possible to use more than 10 in a relatively normal fashion?

Also Water Elemental wasn't the only one, they turned off all disabled drop shards (c8 shards for the new people). They did this back after they did a survey about which shards we would want back in the game and said something to the effect of "We are disabling these shards and may bring them back in the future"

Zimm only uses the original 4 guys.

With mods you should be ok though? Earthshatter with Earth Toss shuts down most lanes (except for the frosty ones that throw out lots of mobs, where FA and ballista work nicely), FA melts frosties, PDT deals nicely with controlled burn, LSA is great against bossess.

@Little Magic Hat quote:

Zimm only uses the original 4 guys.

With mods you should be ok though? Earthshatter with Earth Toss shuts down most lanes (except for the frosty ones that throw out lots of mobs, where FA and ballista work nicely), FA melts frosties, PDT deals nicely with controlled burn, LSA is great against bossess.

Well i used to only use apprentice, squire and monk, but i dropped the apprentice because all i used from her was her frosties, and they are just no good anymore because of how they agro EMP kobolds. its sad but its not worth it unless you have crazy range on them and then positioning just gets awkward. I still use squire just for blockades, but I wanted to only use Monk so i could limit my grinding as I would only have to have 4-5 good relics total across all my defense heroes.

Now ofc I know i could simply use 1 extra tower, and to follow the ground defense theme i could use a water guyser, but its just not as reliable because of the slow attack speed (tho not tried recently). also it breaks my setup a little which is just 4 heroes in my deck that i never change.

Anyway, ill wait on the fix to shards and try again. I have very little time and a hell of a lot of solid games to chose from, so I am generally picking the ones were I get to play my style first an foremost. But DD2 is always there ready for me to invest some time in when the right patch comes along :)