Sign in to follow this  
Snuggy

What kind of scam is the material storage?

Greetings,

in don't wanna be rude to anyone, but this has to be a joke.

What was the price of it? 14XX diamants?

More then 10€?
This cost more then 2 bank storage sides.

You get less then one side storage, limited to specific items.

And the only use, making space in the inventory, IS NOT WORKING cause it still has to be collected trough the inventoy itself.

If i miss sometthing that does not let me use the whole functioniality of this, please enlighten me.

But else, this has to be nothing else then a scam.

-------

I do like all the DD's and paid a lot for each and any of it, and i liked it to support these games.

But besides so many things that are wrong with the inventory system in DD2, this material storage just feels like a rip off.

I hope i got something wrong and it is better then i see it. If so, please tell me.
Or just feel free to add your opinion about it.

Also thanks and sorry for dealing with my english. Sometimes it is good, sometimes it is bad.

~See ya

As long as no one is forcing it upon you in order to continue playing the game to it's fullest (like certain games and dlc do), then I don't see the problem. I don't like smart cars, so you know what I do? I don't buy one.

Well, to put things in perspective - it is a million times better than what is going on with shard storage. Almost all of my vault is holding shards for gilding, and i only have one page full of materials (well, 1.5 as i already have spill over). It is a tad overpriced considering its limitations - but it is a free game, so mechanisms for generating revenue need to be found. Not saying this was a good one mind you... The fact that it has caps at all is kind of not right. But still - shards are soooooooooooo much worse. And then my bag is just full of MODs i "may" use. Considering i have every bag, vault, and the materials thing - i still have shockingly low space for new items when playing maps. Love to have a shard vault, and a way to hold MODs without keeping the crap item it is attached to. 

Jaws, like you say, it is a free game, and i don 't wanna lay out my feelings here about the storage system overall. Buying normal storage since the game is still getting more stuff and all is ok for me, even when the shards are probably just made to make people buy storage.

But that material storage side is something else. it is just wrong, it needs more then what it is now.

I still feel like i was tricked from some street scammer. <.< That can't be was trendy want to sell.

Anyone a idea how i could reach someone important with that issue?

Just by posting here, TE will see it. You can message Lawlta if you want to take it further than that. 

Many of us are and were critical of that release. I didn't feel it was worth the amount paid for it. I suggested back then that TE give us a shard storage vault for free to make up for it. Not one of DD2's best moments, but hopefully TE learned from some of the comments and criticisms that many of us gave in the wake of it. 

But who knows? If we all voice our opinions, and constructively, there is always a chance it will see further revisions to it in future updates. 

In my opinion, they should change the whole way the storage works.

Normal storage (with auto-loot upon build phase end)

1. Auto sells specific hero items based by color rarity upon round end with auto-collect.
  2. Auto sells specific shards based on being heroes or tower shard.
  3. Search bar (in all kinds of storages).

• Auto-selling Hero Items; is always a good option in these kinds of games, since there's a lot of farming going on. Especially when it comes to farming materials or shards, or even just epic and legendary gear.
  • Auto-selling Shards; would be a great idea, since a lot of players who wants to push are farming shards on a daily basis. This takes a lot of time in general, so again. Auto-selling is a great idea as well on that part.
  • Search bar; is surely always an amazing feature to have in any kind of storage in any game. Since we don't really wanna look over 35 items, just to find 1 mod when it isn't even there. 

Material Storage

1. Infinite material storage.
  2. 999 Cap is fine.
  3. Auto sends Materials to the storage (should be an option).
  • Infinite Material Storage; You're gaining material for every single wave that's coming, motes are mostly found within the first and second round tho. Therefore you'll still get a lot of materials overall, and this is kinda bothering in the end with a limited amount of storage. The cap might be 99X, but that still makes it annoying since you get to the cap pretty fast and easy.
  • 999 Cap is fine; it is indeed fine, just annoying with the current material storage cap.
  • Auto-sends Material to the storage; as mentioned above, this should be option specifically for the whole material and easy going storage.

Shard Storage

1. Infinite Storage.
  2. Auto sends Shards to the storage (should be an option).
  • Infinite Storage; again, we're farming these every single day and the storage gets used up pretty quickly.
  • Auto-sends Shards to storage; easy going storage as the Material Storage.

i think the material storage is fine the 999 limit is right if it was infinite people would never sell any, the only thing i think is wrong is that shards don't stack, they should at least let you have stacks of 10

I bought the materials bag and once I saw how it worked I felt ripped off.  The problems I see are

1.  999 limit is way too small.  You need 450 motes to upgrade one c8 relic so that means it only holds enough for two.  Make it 9999 and I'd be happy.

2.  Doesn't hold Pet materials

3.  Doesn't hold Talismans

4.  Shard dust is unbelievably frustrating.  If there is space in the materials bag for it why does it insist on being in my inventory?  I never look or move shard dust and is an obvious candidate for only being in the materials bag.

At the moment it is cheaper to just buy two bank vaults and you will get more storage space than one materials bag.

As for the people saying 999 is too small, it may be a limitation. 

As for saying it's a scam is wrong. You don't agree with the cost of something doesn't make it a scam.

:thinks out loud to self:

Vaults have 64 slots each holding 100, so two vaults would be 128 slots so a total storage of 12,800.

Mat vault has one slot for each material each holding 1000, so with 8 dust types, 8 amp types, 7 slots per tier of item specific material making 21 total, plus a slot for each hammer tier making 3, totaling 40 slots, makes 40,000 total storage.

:Continues to try and figure out how that is a scam:

Exglint , i see your points. But do you think that nothing is wrong with the material bank?

Edit: I say when the higher capacity of the material bank has finally use, somewhere mid 2019 probably.

When i have to throw shards away because everything else is full.

Well there is a few things I would change but overall I don't see it as a scam. Its very beneficial to have for the price it's at. A big difference between me and most other players in the game is I'm very organized and I'm not trying to gild all the shards all at the same time. I'm also not trying to gild any shards that I wont use, like I play Huntress and Monk as primary during waves so why would I waste time and gold collecting Gunwitch and Ev2 shards. Space isn't an issue for me and I have a ton of stuff, that also includes two entire vault tabs for overflow, one for only motes and one for all the other materials, neither of those are full and I have a lot of them.

If you have more than 1000 of at least 5 materials then this will cut out an entire tab or bag so it isn't the same as buying two bags its the same as buying one bag because this is doing the job for that bag you were using already and protects form overflow better since each material has its own slot.