Sign in to follow this  
RenegadePrism05

1 Defender pack, floor 60.

The title says it all. Starting from floor 28, I didn't get a single defender pack until floor 58! I don't know how this became a thing. Floors are hard and long, so why not get a defender pack every 2-3 floors, an epic every 5-6, and a mythical every 10? A set number would probably be best. I'm not really a fan of the cosmetics, but they are still really fun to open and see whats inside!

Like c8 amps, this is also a side effect of 1 map floors

@RenegadePrism05 quote:

Floors are hard and long

That is actually the exact opposite of what they are. Between floor 1 and 58 they are so much shorter and so much easier than they were. The only reasons I can think of why you would say that is either, A) You didn't play when they were 3 maps per floor each ending with a Lost Temple or B) You are not ready for Onslaught yet. Floor 60 is approximately equal to the difficulty of the previous scaling of floor 190, which used to take 390 maps to get to from floor 60 and you did it in 30 maps from floor 30 to floor 60.

@Exglint quote:
@RenegadePrism05 quote:

Floors are hard and long

That is actually the exact opposite of what they are.

Completely disagree, with the best shards and mods, I still lose an absolute ton. besides, defender packs don't really give much of a reward, so why are they so rare? I've spent a long time getting to floor 60, and I've had many struggles. Even with weapon mans (with rate and shocking rev) that still doesn't work most of the time. When I hear anyone say "Long and hard," I always think onslaught, even if the conversation is about something completely different, like making a complex roller coaster.

I agree that the newish scaling makes an onslaught push harder than it was before to reach a specific floor. However, 60 is not hard. And long is such an overstatement it's almost laughable. 

And giving away defender packs guaranteed, for a game that makes money from them, is asking a bit much.

@Okielos quote:

And giving away defender packs guaranteed, for a game that makes money from them, is asking a bit much.

I think to solve this problem, the def pack would need to be reworked in some way. Sure, guaranteed free in a way might be too much but when one buys with real cash and gets a lot of dupes and obtainable pets & pet regents, I mean...seriously?

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@Okielos quote:

I think to solve this problem, the def pack would need to be reworked in some way. Sure, guaranteed free in a way might be too much but when one buys with real cash and gets a lot of dupes and obtainable pets & pet regents, I mean...seriously?

Exactly, thats what i mean. You buy them and get poop. I probably shouldve mentioned that im talking about the REGULAR defender pack. Epic packs and mythical packs are amazingly good, but still a tad bit rare

@RenegadePrism05 quote:

Exactly, thats what i mean. You buy them and get poop. I probably shouldve mentioned that im talking about the REGULAR defender pack. Epic packs and mythical packs are amazingly good, but still a tad bit rare

Yeah, Epic and Mythical do give great stuffs to me too! However, I do get some bad eggs from them too...

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@Okielos quote:

Defender packs shouldn't even give duplicates or pet/ pet items. Lock boxes were so much better since you would always get something for the hero you were using. in their current state defender packs are a straight up scam