Sign in to follow this  
urfyness

Trendy needs your help!

Hello Defenders,

Trendy needs your help solving a bug! We've been trying to track down an issue where, sometimes, not all items in the inventory will load, usually when going into the Heroes Marketplace. Most of the time, loading into a different map will fix the items not loading, but we’re not giving up trying to solve it.

Here’s what you can do to help us. If you run into this issue, please stop what you are doing, and go to the following directory in your steam folder. For most people, it will be in the folder below:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dungeon Defenders2\DunDef2\UDKGame\Logs

Next, reply to this forum post with a copy of your launch.log file attached. We’ve added a ton of logging to help us track this one down, but this bug is extremely difficult to reproduce. All it could take is 1 person to send us their logs to fix this issue.

Please Defenders, you’re our only Hope,

Defender Urf

I have this happen on PS4 all the time. Tons of spots on my inventory-bag pages are blank, but not all of them. usually mostly on my first inventory page. It has been going on for some time now (months at least). The items are not lost though, and the "open" spot are not usable. It's just like the spot is not there to the system - cursor jumps over it. I have noticed it happens most often when there is lag going on. Often i have rubber banding, or that issue where you get left behind after the end of the match, and you can free roam around the screen (sans hero) until the timer runs out and boots you to town. 

I typically just go back to the main menu, and then join a new town session, and all of it is back. 

I don't know if this is related or not, but i thought i would share in case it helps in any way. 

[[143263,users]]

(L)oad the game - run into the issue - load out - get the logs then

[[18530,users]]

At this time, we believe this is the same issue.

I had this happen a couple of weeks ago. I did an AP reset and half of my relic mod stash bag disappeared and the shard packs from maps in another bag disappeared. It fixed itself after I closed DD2 and then ran it again so didn't think anything of it. If I run into it again I'll post the log.

Xbox player here so I can't post logs unfortunately. As I mentioned on the other thread about this though, anecdotally it feels like this is related to how quickly one goes to the inventory after entering town. i.e. If you go to the inventory too soon after entering the map the inventory is incomplete.

It's as though populating the inventory is a task that isn't quite finished and you interrupt it if you go to the inventory too quickly.

As I say that might be completely wrong but it feels like it fits with what I've seen in practice.

Hello Dev Team, i get this bug rarely, and since i saw this post i wanted to get that Log, but didn't got a chance to reproduce it ... i'll pay attention and i'll try to hunt it down. 

Emoji_Ogre.png

If I may say... it would be tremendous if Trendy did something for DD2Tools.com.  I am sure you have heard or read for yourselves the web site will be closing down.  Perhaps this is something that Trendy could take it yourselves?  Perhaps something different?  The ability to filter/sort and search shards compared to the wiki is highly desirable as well.  

My two cents...

@urfyness quote:

Next, reply to this forum post with a copy of your launch.log file attached.

Back on topic: How do I attach a file to a forum post? Or do you mean just to add the link to some online location?

@Kambien quote:

If I may say... it would be tremendous if Trendy did something for DD2Tools.com.  I am sure you have heard or read for yourselves the web site will be closing down.  Perhaps this is something that Trendy could take it yourselves?  Perhaps something different?  The ability to filter/sort and search shards compared to the wiki is highly desirable as well.  

My two cents...

Going off topic again haha and perhaps this discussion should be at another thread too?

That would be a real neat thing! But I'm not sure whether is this possible with wikimedia engine. Perhaps the tabber function would work? (Damn I really need to learn on how to do a tabber)

@Rude..Boy quote:

@urfyness quote:

Back on topic: How do I attach a file to a forum post? Or do you mean just to add the link to some online location?

Yeah I second that too. I wonder how....

for me it happens every time when i ve another game called "Black Desert" running which uses XIGNCODE3. and idk how to upload the log file here:S so if needed, pls tell me quickly how it works!

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:
@Kambien quote:

My two cents...

Going off topic again haha and perhaps this discussion should be at another thread too?

That would be a real neat thing! But I'm not sure whether is this possible with wikimedia engine. Perhaps the tabber function would work? (Damn I really need to learn on how to do a tabber)

@Rude..Boy quote:

@urfyness quote:

Yeah I second that too. I wonder how....

WOOPS!  I thought I put this in the wiki thread >.<

Finaly ... it took me some time to run into this problem ... So ... Here are the Logs Emoji_Monk.png

Here is what i did:

• i opened 2 or 3 times My current Onslaught Floor (i wanted to have a Forest map so i make daily too)
  • i didn't get a Forest on My curent Floor so i did Floor 10 (To get my Prestigious after my reset)
  • Than i Loaded Floor 20 to get my second Prestigious ... after i won  (i got a Staff for Apprentice) ... after opening chest and all that ... i think i sold some gear before hitting G ... but after going to town i wanted to sell the rest of items ... and here i saw the bug ... Note that only the bottom of Page 1 is affected ... Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 and 8 are all good, only on page 1 ... there are suppose to be a lot of shards.
20181201104600-1.jpg

Hello again, is it posible for this bug to affect Player's Shop ?

Short History: i don't like to add to my Main account hours and hours of AFK selling ... i already not enjoy seeing 1k Hours .... so i made a new account to sell my items ... so i usualy go to town and AFK ... but this morning i saw all my items are gone from the shop ... can i do anything to get them back ? 

I tried to log out and log in again ... my shop is still empty ... good thing i was selling junk that day ... nothing important .... but imagine if i had a 9/10 or 10/10 ... or can i have my 200k back somehow ?

And most importantly ... what to do to avoid this bug again ? (when i am selling more important stuff)

333.jpg