Sign in to follow this  
MaJean

Mod drops capped?

Just a question for TE I´m curious about: 

Is it theoretically possible to get any number of perfect mods drop from one map, and then right after have any number of perfect mods drop from the very next map? 

To specify: Is there a cap on how many and how often perfects drop? That would certainly explain why I never have more than one good drop every so and so hours...

M.

The other explanation for why this happens is that the drop rate is abysmally low. ;)

With current drop rates, you can attain a Master's in any field, starting from scratch right out of high school, in less time than it takes to get the mods you're looking for. Not sarcasm. It is fewer hours.

@Unleashed quote:

The other explanation for why this happens is that the drop rate is abysmally low. ;)

With current drop rates, you can attain a Master's in any field, starting from scratch right out of high school, in less time than it takes to get the mods you're looking for. Not sarcasm. It is fewer hours.

Yeah, I know drop rate is almost non existant. I want to know if Trendy on top of the abysmal drop rate, also has forced some kind of limitation on the greens in the form of a cap somehow. 

I´m genuinely curious about this. 

Just knowing that there is no cap, and any drop at any given time could be a perfect drop from the mod pool you are currently inhabiting, would at least be of some comfort.

On the other hand, it would be very discouraging knowing perfects were rationed.

I found the new drop rates to be quite giving in my experience. Over the weekend playing the new patch, i got several perfects, which would have taken me weeks to do prepatch. The only issue with mods i currently am seeing is the ability to target farm specific ones, as we all want that perfect Tenacity. But i am greatly enjoying the new drop rates. Perfects fall with much greater speed now, but they should not drop every map. Or 9s. 

Now shards - that is a whole other story. I can find a dozen perfect mods before a single destruction, DS, or DR drops, and i need like 60+ more of each. TE already graciously increased mod rates, so i am kind of confused why we are still on the subject of mod drops, when shard drops are completely abysmal by all comparisons. A shard everyone uses should drop at a much higher rate then a shard only 1 hero uses in one slot. But - i see hero shards drop with GREATER frequency. To me, it is the biggest fault in DD2 right now. I will have scores of perfects long before i even have a single destruction shard on each def that needs one, let alone any gilding. 

Sorry to rant... I do think target mod farming is something we need. Tenacity is just too damn powerful, and we all want it over anything else. Each weapon gobsplosion perfect i get, and i have gotten like 4 of them now, feels like a wasted chance. Most perfects i get are not useful to me...

@Jaws_420 quote:

Each weapon gobsplosion perfect i get, and i have gotten like 4 of them now, feels like a wasted chance. 

This is pretty much exactly what I would like to know. Is it in fact a wasted chance, or will my next drop have equally high chance of rolling 10?

This is why I´m "still on the subject of mod drops.". For clarification.

You could get 50 perfect Mods in a row, though it seems like you wasted your luck/RNG on gaming instead of buying a lottery ticket.

It's a chance per Mod with no cooldown.

@LAWLTA quote:

You could get 50 perfect Mods in a row, though it seems like you wasted your luck/RNG on gaming instead of buying a lottery ticket.

This is exactly what I was looking for in an answer. Thank you Overlord!

@LAWLTA quote:

Is there a way to release the numbers of on each mod or do all have an equal chance to drop?

@Mr. StrangerDanger quote:
@LAWLTA quote:

Is there a way to release the numbers of on each mod or do all have an equal chance to drop?

All equal chance at their own tiers. To expand a bit:

- Pirate Mods are given a guaranteed slot on the pirate weapon drops, and cannot be overwritten by non-pirate Mods.

- Prestigious weapons follow the same logic as above.

- Lower tiered Mods are in the pool at higher tiers, so their chance is lower, but equal to all other mods in the Mod pool.

- Hero tower specific mods (i.e. Shocking Revelation) are added to the mod table (if in the appropriate tier) if they are in your active hero deck.

@LAWLTA quote:
@LAWLTA quote:

All equal chance at their own tiers. To expand a bit:

- Pirate Mods are given a guaranteed slot on the pirate weapon drops, and cannot be overwritten by non-pirate Mods.

- Prestigious weapons follow the same logic as above.

- Lower tiered Mods are in the pool at higher tiers, so their chance is lower, but equal to all other mods in the Mod pool.

- Hero tower specific mods (i.e. Shocking Revelation) are added to the mod table (if in the appropriate tier) if they are in your active hero deck.

If I have 4 EV2's in my hero deck, does that increase my chance for a Shocking Revelation compared to 1 EV2 in my hero deck? 

Thank you Lawlta for shedding some light on the subject. So I´m guessing for Gunwitch as active your chance of getting relics go down and weapons up since she´s not a builder?

So for example, a Tenacity 10/10 in C7 would have 2% drop and a Defense Power 10/10 in C7 would also have 2% drop? Or am I understanding this wrong. What is meant by 'tiers'?

Some mods only start dropping in certain chaos tiers. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ONuUAUofbdaav4GUVvWy69CLEatFalT73mGuhhLaXJg/edit#gid=1282941683

Tried to link it, but didn´t work, so here is the web address.

@MaJean quote:

So for example, a Tenacity 10/10 in C7 would have 2% drop and a Defense Power 10/10 in C7 would also have 2% drop? Or am I understanding this wrong. What is meant by 'tiers'?

Some mods only start dropping in certain chaos tiers. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ONuUAUofbdaav4GUVvWy69CLEatFalT73mGuhhLaXJg/edit#gid=1282941683

Tried to link it, but didn´t work, so here is the web address.

I have that excel sheet in my favorites but noticed this. Thanks :D

If I have 4 EV2's in my hero deck, does that increase my chance for a Shocking Revelation compared to 1 EV2 in my hero deck? 

No, I'll explain this a little more. These numbers are not accurate, but let's say there are 100 mods that could drop where you are currently playing. You have an EV2 as your only character, shocking revelation is now added to that drop pool, making it 101 mods. Having 4 EV2's will not increase your chance, as it stays at 101 different mods to receive.

If I'm understanding you correctly, yes, they have the same chance every time a Mod is rolled.

@LAWLTA quote:

Summary

1. Hero Deck Characters - Hero-Specific Mods will be added to pool. Multiple of the same hero in the deck will not increase this chance. But, different heroes in the hero deck will decrease the chance as more Hero-Specific Mods are added to the pool.

2. Every Mod has a same drop chance no matter their usage/popularity in the game.

Thanks for the feedback here!

More Questions:

1. I noticed that I sometimes get Hero-Specific Mods for characters that aren't in my hero deck, is this because I build with them? Or is this a known bug?

2. Is it possible to share to drop rate of MOD levels? For example, 10/10 has a 1% to drop.  9/10 has a 2% to drop. 

3. Does your hero gear affect your defense towers at all? If you have a drench shard, will it apply to your defenses or only a chance when the hero or pet attack the mob?

4. Higher quality gear (White/Grey vs Green vs Blue vs Purple vs Orange) have a higher chance to drop higher MOD levels?

Edit: Forgot #TrendyBoy

@LAWLTA quote:

No, I'll explain this a little more. These numbers are not accurate, but let's say there are 100 mods that could drop where you are currently playing. You have an EV2 as your only character, shocking revelation is now added to that drop pool, making it 101 mods. Having 4 EV2's will not increase your chance, as it stays at 101 different mods to receive.

Except any heroes other than EV2 in your deck add their own specific MODs to the pool as well, correct? So by having 4 EV2's, you keep the pool at 101 MODS, while 4 different heroes gets the pool to 104 MODS. Meaning having 4 of the same hero does increase your chances of receiving MODS for that hero, 1 in 101 as opposed to 1 in 104. (just continuing with your not-actual example numbers)

An exception for this specific case being heroes with no relic MODS to add to the relic pool. Barbarian, Gunwitch, 2 EV2's would have the same chance for a shocking revelation (1 in 101) as 4 EV2's. Although this is based on my assumption that the system rolls for what gear drops first, then rolls for what MODS are in it.

I must admit the drop rates are better than before for some people it almost feels like my account is bad luck.

Over the last few days I as usual have not found any 10/10 but on the other hand the people I game with on a regular basis get one every 10 or so hours.

I'm going to be honest I feel like a leech always having to get 10/10 from others instead of getting them for myself.

@Tolkmit quote:

@LAWLTA quote:

An exception for this specific case being heroes with no relic MODS to add to the relic pool. Barbarian, Gunwitch, 2 EV2's would have the same chance for a shocking revelation (1 in 101) as 4 EV2's. Although this is based on my assumption that the system rolls for what gear drops first, then rolls for what MODS are in it.

Untrue. By adding a Gunwitch/Barbarian to your deck you effectively enable ALL hero specific Relic Mods, making it 1 in 109( 9 total unique heroes/mods).

I was mistaken on the hero specific Mods slightly. It should be that the chance for them all to drop is there, though it will aim towards the heroes in your active deck (which is why if your only heroes are gunwitch/barb you'll see any hero tower-specific mod drops).

@LAWLTA quote:

I was mistaken on the hero specific Mods slightly. It should be that the chance for them all to drop is there, though it will aim towards the heroes in your active deck (which is why if your only heroes are gunwitch/barb you'll see any hero tower-specific mod drops).

All those lies you told us... Must be rewarded with more wild cards!

@LAWLTA quote:

This is what yourself and Jose have said before on stream, but after literally farming for days only using EV2's I can't simply believe that. Only thing i can think of is that it is currently bug, not working as intended.