Sign in to follow this  
RenegadePrism05

Mods not working properly

Disclaimer: this might not be true in an actual game, but it appears to be true on target dummies

I just spent 1,800 defender medals trying to get mods for my last hit nuke monk (Credit to Mr. Juicebags on this one) but every time I tested my nuke on the target dummy, almost every mod didn't change a thing (not including crits). A few mods (like damage with heavy weapons) ended up increasing the damage by 5 million (also seems a bit strange, don't you think?) but when I put healthy power chip in an empty mod slot, then boom, no change, or sometimes even a decrease in damage.

In short, some mods change the damage a lot, but others do nothing. Anyone have this issue?

Update: I replaced a heavy chip (4,500 bonus weapon damage) with a quintuple chip (5,500 bonus weapon damage, and yes I have a quintuple weapon) but that only decreased the damage. Then I replaced that with a 9/10 heavy chip with 5,000 since the quintuple chip had a higher number in damage, but it did less damage in the nuke. The result is, another decrease in damage. WAT?

It might not be the case here, but sometimes it´s just a matter of removing and re-equipping relics/weapons.