Sign in to follow this  
rdeal

Can you make it so onslaught gives random motes past floor 28

i think is silly that i have a nice high starting floor but i have to keep playing the early stuff just to get plain/shiny motes

@rdeal quote:

i think is silly that i have a nice high starting floor but i have to keep playing the early stuff just to get plain/shiny motes

Agree 1000 and 2%

@rdeal quote:

What would you need plain/shiny for? Getting ready for AP reset? Even if you did make plain/shiny in Onslaught people would still do C3/6 of Expeditions to get the motes as that would not be only the quickest but the easiest way to get them.

@Defenso quote:

Or just make all motes one type so you can play any difficulty or game mode and collect them that way.

If that was the case they need it make it so C7 drops a lot more motes to upgrade C7 gear otherwise people would farm c3 people will always go the easy n quicker route.

If that was the case they need it make it so C7 drops a lot more motes to upgrade C7 gear otherwise people would farm c3 people will always go the easy n quicker route.

That would be ok ... I mean you should be rewarded for playing the harder difficulty and therefore C7 and higher floors of onslaught should reward you more motes and other loot than AFK farming C3.

Currently you have to go back and AFK all the lower tiers which is not fun, I'd rather play onslaught to push my max floors or C7 to get best drops and EXP. I can just about accept low tier farming for shards but for motes and all the other crafting bits it is a pain in the ass .

I agree and I don't. I found I'm getting plenty of motes by farming the lower tier shards I want such as Destruction, Deadly Strikes, and Defense Rate, that I haven't seen a need to straight farm the motes themselves. But where I agree is that farming shards in the current form is also less than desirable and a better solution for both would be a welcome change.

It does feel odd to have to farm Plain Motes when it's well below your level.

What about if Motes continued to drop as they do currently, but were made hierarchical. So that...

a) Shiny motes could be used in place of Plain.
b) Pristine motes could be used in place of Plain or Shiny.

With upgrades then just using the lowest quality Mote you have on you that fits the bill. 

So if you want to upgrade a Chaos I item and have no Plain motes then upgrading would use any Shiny in preference to Pristine. Under these conditions (when you don't have the right mote but one of a higher quality) it might be good to show a warning on the upgrade screen like... "No Plain motes, Shiny will be used!" or something.

I'd happily burn through the Shiny or Pristines I've accumulated, if it avoided needing to farm Plain.

Or alternatively, have the ability to dust Shiny or Pristine motes to Plain? That doesn't fix the Shiny problem though.

Being able to downgrade motes into lower tiers would solve the issue. Vermintide 2 had this issue as well. Once you level up enough and raise your gear score enough, you never get greens any more. But you need green dust for re-rolling. So they allowed you to turn orange into blue, and blue into green dust.