Sign in to follow this  
Mr. StrangerDanger

How did one determine the build points per map?

I don't know the names of the maps... but I know which ones to skip as they are harder due to build points. Some maps have 7 lanes and have 1100 build points while others have 6 lanes and 1250 build points. What is determined to how much each map gets? Or does that depend on what the map designer decides?

Lost Temple follows the rules of 200 DU per ground lane and 100 DU per flier lane. This is a newer map and has a pretty good rule set for DU to lane ratios. Things that are considered are size, lane merges, lane complexity, and position within the game. Ultimately, we have some control over this and if you can provide a solid argument about why a map should change then they will consider something.

@Exglint quote:

Lost Temple follows the rules of 200 DU per ground lane and 100 DU per flier lane. This is a newer map and has a pretty good rule set for DU to lane ratios. Things that are considered are size, lane merges, lane complexity, and position within the game. Ultimately, we have some control over this and if you can provide a solid argument about why a map should change then they will consider something.

I think a lot of people are skipping certain maps when they can. Especially for higher onslaught. 

@kingoftime2013 quote:

I think smaller maps get less DU per lane? maybe cause its easy for you to go and dps\repair each lane?

Wrong. Look at the pirate maps, the plunders paradise that needs more DU than the jack sparrowed map is a good example. Jack sparrowed map has 2000 DU yet it doesn't need that much and is smaller, while the plunders paradise while bigger, has just 1200 DU. I think some maps are just harder than the rest.

If anything jacked sparrow is harder than plunders paradise just because of all the lanes that merge ! 

Makes sense that there is more du available