Sign in to follow this  
gcstephen13

I hate to say it , but the Temple map needs to go.

First off I would like to say I love the update and I appreciate everything that you guys do and the time you put in.

But it’s time for the Lost Temple to go bye bye.   

Even with the update the bosses are constantly spawning outside the lanes.

I get to Re-play it... with maybe way worse stuff then I had and the Bosees spawn outside again again and again... 

The Map while Cool is WAY WAY to buggy. 😄

( UPDATE- I just want it gone till it’s fixed-not permanently gone) 

The Lost Temple map in theory is great, however the way the map plays is horrible.  From stuck bosses and mobs to random bosses that teleport halfway through a lane and end up close to a core.  Some of these are somewhat forgiving in lower floors but when a 1 Billion health ogre does it things can get crazy.  Last evening on an omega wave with side by side lanes with high rollers on the left and Tuskers coming from the right the Tuskers proceeded to come out of their side then turn around walk back into their spawn and walk across and come out of the high roller side.  I happened to be there watching it so was able to save it but how does one go about planning for that random stuff to happen?  Overall playing this map is a nightmare and even more so being forced to play it every 5 maps, I would much rather be forced to have to play assault on Throne Room then have to play Lost Temple.  If anything I would love to see this map taken off the mandatory list and be able to be re-rolled until ALL the bugs are worked out.

If Trendy insists on leaving the map in the game for now, with bugs and all, maybe they could meet people half way, and make it every 10 floors only?

Agree with all. Don't know if there is still a floor limit of 999 if the issue is with people getting to higher floors faster but it looks like lost temple will need a longer testing cycle to get it to where everyone wants it to be. Meet us halfway.

i vote for getting rid of it until they can fix it, atm i am on it and the rollers are stuck in  the floor at the door which is making the map is take 3 times longer

Retry resets all lanes to different lanes and lane conditions. Basically you still have to rebuild, but this time you don't restart from 1/5 wave. Also, OGRE's still get stuck like crazy. Especially in the dark town map when you get an OGRE lane. Maybe a reset button should show up when the wave isn't done yet and no dmg has been done for 1 minute. I had OGREs get stuck for 5minutes before it would auto-kill them.

I really do love the map ,  but it’s just a hot mess , I never lose because of what I’m building, I lose because of all the glitches .😄 I really wish they would consider pulling it at least so they can fix it .

@MaJean quote:

If Trendy insists on leaving the map in the game for now, with bugs and all, maybe they could meet people half way, and make it every 10 floors only?

Also not helped by the change Trendy did with the barbarian attacks... I used to be able to kill most things stuck in a spawn such as ogres, stuck assassins and those emp kobolds, his standard aerial attack worked wonders but one of the last updates took that away for some reason and the stand jump melee attack seems weak and useless now.

Even ranged attacks seem weak now and I had to wait about 5 mins for a boss to die off the other day as it walked back down the lane.

Don't know why they nerfed attacks on spawn areas especially the barbarian ones as now stuck mobs are a major pain rather than the minor inconvenience they were prior. Except for stuck rollers which are always annoying.

The lost temple should just be one omega wave. It makes no sense to have a map function one way for 5 waves then completely change and require a complete rebuild... But still count as the same map. 

The Lost Temple should stay:

• It's the only map who ads more mecanics to the game (new lanes) = less repetitiveness.
  • It's the only one who deserves Omega Wave

Just because some people can't finish it properly, it does not mean it should go away. But yes i agree at the moment it's too buggy to be enjoyable ... so devs should find ways to enforce the map.

#LostTemple Emoji_Monk.png

🙄🙄  People like the Map, it’s not hard, it’s Buggy and sometimes unplayable.  What I’m saying is remove it until it’s fixed.  I

@emilian quote:

The Lost Temple should stay:

• It's the only map who ads more mecanics to the game (new lanes) = less repetitiveness.
  • It's the only one who deserves Omega Wave

Just because some people can't finish it properly, it does not mean it should go away. But yes i agree at the moment it's too buggy to be enjoyable ... so devs should find ways to enforce the map.

#LostTemple Emoji_Monk.png

@RustyCounterweight quote:

The map is fine, but it would be nice if all of the lanes just spawned in at the beginning so that we could just be bone with the boring build phase we don't have to build multiple times.

That's the whole purpose of such a big map ... new lanes opening every wave ... this is how it should be.

@gcstephen13 quote:

🙄🙄  People like the Map, it’s not hard, it’s Buggy and sometimes unplayable.  What I’m saying is remove it until it’s fixed. 

:) Ok, i misinterpreted... than i agree with you ... temporary hide this map ... could be a good idea ... depends how much it takes to temorary hide it ... if it takes much time ... than Devs should spend that time fixing it instead of coding to hide ...

Emoji_Monk.png but they know better, we only have some opinions + they are already working on it :)

No worries man, I should have been more clear in the OP. 👍🏻

@emilian quote:

The map is fine, but it would be nice if all of the lanes just spawned in at the beginning so that we could just be bone with the boring build phase we don't have to build multiple times.

That's the whole purpose of such a big map ... new lanes opening every wave ... this is how it should be.

@gcstephen13 quote:

🙄🙄  People like the Map, it’s not hard, it’s Buggy and sometimes unplayable.  What I’m saying is remove it until it’s fixed. 

:) Ok, i misinterpreted... than i agree with you ... temporary hide this map ... could be a good idea ... depends how much it takes to temorary hide it ... if it takes much time ... than Devs should spend that time fixing it instead of coding to hide ...

Emoji_Monk.png but they know better, we only have some opinions + they are already working on it :)

@emilian quote:

The purpose of a big map is to have the map different every time you play it.   The map will be different whether the roll for what lanes you get is made before you start or after every wave.  

The only difference between rolling them at the beginning VS. throughout the map is that you don't get any annoying surprises that make you lose for some ridiculous reason and then rage quit.  

From my point of view, not being surprised by random lanes showing up and being forced to constantly build is much more fun then what we have now and it lessens how annoying modifiers make the build phase(s).

In my opinion it isn't that bad, just gotta learn the new pathing issues, no big deal.

It only happens on a few lanes anyway 

Yes they should fix these little bugs, but no need to disable the map lol