Sign in to follow this  
Morisato36

Replay on Lost temple Is Borked..

So When u replay on the lost temple Map it rerolls Your lanes, Making it so You get over run. also because of the current fact that even 5 star defenses sell for Mana as if they were 1 star after a restart u cannot even Sell and Attempt to Build to the new lanes in the new layout.

Thus Making Replay On Lost temple Utterly Pointless.

So after Further testing i am finding it now rerolls The Doors on Every Map On Every wave anytime u replay. So u get different Mobs as well as different Effects.  Is this Russian Roulette Intended ?

There's a couple issues with Lost Temple with Replay from Wave that we're aware of and are working on fixes currently. :)

That's not just lost temple though...that happens with every map right? At least that's what I have experienced even up to now. I made a mistake, retried map, got a roller lane, so had to rebuild just for that, made a mistake and retried map, and the roller lane disappeared and so did my upgraded towers...Made it through eventually...On the fence for whether I like it or not..still way faster than the older way. 

@Eventualcrowd16PC quote:

That's not just lost temple though...that happens with every map right? At least that's what I have experienced even up to now. I made a mistake, retried map, got a roller lane, so had to rebuild just for that, made a mistake and retried map, and the roller lane disappeared and so did my upgraded towers...Made it through eventually...On the fence for whether I like it or not..still way faster than the older way. 

yep, I just failed map cause there was controlled burn lane that I didnt notice, I retried and there was no controlled burn lane anymore.. (not lost temple)

Yes replay from wave is pretty much unusable atm. You get so little mana back from upgraded towers that it makes it very hard or impossible to rebuild the lanes at wave 4+ , where you most likely need a few upgrades also on most defenses. 

We have tested it on all maps and can confirm it's happening on all. We're looking into a fix. :)

@LAWLTA quote:

We have tested it on all maps and can confirm it's happening on all. We're looking into a fix. :)

not to be THAT guy, but this effectively means that this change has 50/50 chance of making the entire "replay from wave" feature WORSE than before the patch? The patch that was aimed at making it actually usable for the one map that was a frustration for players climbing onslaught?

I literally can't even :D ...

Thanks for the Earthshatter fix tho, it might offset this :/.

#QA #IFeelThePain

@malf quote:
@LAWLTA quote:

not to be THAT guy, but this effectively means that this change has 50/50 chance of making the entire "replay from wave" feature WORSE than before the patch? The patch that was aimed at making it actually usable for the one map that was a frustration for players climbing onslaught?

I literally can't even :D ...

Thanks for the Earthshatter fix tho, it might offset this :/.

#QA #IFeelThePain

Well keep re-replaying until you hit that 50...at least you don't have to start all over :) Honestly, it's not the step we were expecting but this is much better than the patch from a time spent playing lost temple point of view. I'm not stuck or choosing to quit for a while because of this.

@malf quote:

It's something we didn't run into our internal builds, everything was working correctly. We weren't kidding when getting Replay from Wave to work on Lost Temple was a technical hurdle, haha.

@Eventualcrowd16PC quote:

Well keep re-replaying until you hit that 50...at least you don't have to start all over :) Honestly, it's not the step we were expecting but this is much better than the patch from a time spent playing lost temple point of view. I'm not stuck or choosing to quit for a while because of this.

Agree :), it's most likely something we can work around. But it's nevertheless irksome.

@LAWLTA quote:

It's something we didn't run into our internal builds, everything was working correctly. We weren't kidding when getting Replay from Wave to work on Lost Temple was a technical hurdle, haha.

Oh, I completely understand. Without revealing too much, one of my teams did exactly that a short whilst ago for one of the products that we're building.

As a former computer-scientist (somewhat of a BS term), Technical Manager, and a slew of other professional honorifics, I acutely understand the situations that lead to this - more importantly, I empathize :).

As a gamer, I nevertheless want it to just work so that the spare time I'm investing is enjoyable rather than frustrating...

@LAWLTA quote:

@malf quote:

Meh, Trendy is normally pretty good at catching big stuff like this prior to release, but sometimes stuff happens. Good luck figuring out a fix. Keep up the good work.

Yeah, I fully get the problem now. I misunderstood the OP. On Lost Temple when you replay not only does it change the enemies but it also changes the lanes so it forces you to sell stuff to build the new lanes. So you end up with not enough mana. Guess I'll wait till the update or try my luck when I have more time. 

Yup, And since its not only The Mutators and The Mobs that change  which is bad enough its Entire Lanes on lost temple.  you get really Ruined lol

We're trying to get the fix out of this very quickly, it's a top priority that we're working on right now and are very close to a solution.

i have to admit ... i enjoy this bug :) ... funny how you can get 4/5 Main Cores already dead when you start a wave,

Emoji_Monk.png

@emilian quote:

i have to admit ... i enjoy this bug :) ... funny how you can get 4/5 Main Cores already dead when you start a wave,

Emoji_Monk.png

Well I guess we have to leave it in. Sorry everyone, hahaha.

@emilian quote:

Emoji_Monk.png

I kept trying to protect it anyway...Do they try to smash it again or just go on to the one remaining one? LOL

Trendy, with this replay modus in the Temple are you mocking us for sure. Psychologically you do a lot of harm giving hopes and then smashing them so totally. If you fail in wave 4 you would have to rebuild more or less completely  but you do not have enough "money" for that.