Sign in to follow this  
Matthew7991

Canon Orge damage

The Canon Orge does way too much damage in my opinion he just oneshots me in C7 even though i have 280k health.
I think you should be at least a 2 hit or 3 would be more compfortable and not so frustrating

He one-shot me once. I learned not to use my face as a baracade in front of him. Hasn't been an issue since. 

@Rentard quote:

He one-shot me once. I learned not to use my face as a baracade in front of him. Hasn't been an issue since. 

The Problem is if he doesn't hit you he hits the barricade which is down quite fast too then. I actually run right up to him since his punches are by far not that strong

I actually like the canon ogre damage against heroes. His ability to one-shot from a distance me makes this boss feel unique to me. I hope he stays this way. 

I do think that blockades should stand up to the canon ogre a little bit better. But I would rather see blockades get a boost than the canon ogre get nerfed. Blockades seem to be underwhelming in general. 

@SELL SW0RD quote:

I actually like the canon ogre damage against heroes. His ability to one-shot from a distance me makes this boss feel unique to me. I hope he stays this way. 

I do think that blockades should stand up to the canon ogre a little bit better. But I would rather see blockades get a boost than the canon ogre get nerfed. Blockades seem to be underwhelming in general. 

EV2 deflect beam works nicely

@SELL SW0RD quote:

I agree about the blockades! in onslaught its almost always better to spend the DU on more damaging defences instead of blockades. I think it would be same even if blockades got their DU cost reduced by half. 

barricades really need to be stronger against his attacks i think, as for himself range attacks work nicely against him as he is rather mid range but then again he has way too much hp for the amount of dmg he deals

For me I like him and think he's pretty well balanced. I'll like him more when my Earthshatter's mess him up though, the devs are looking at that I believe. He won't do damage for very long then. ;o)

@Temrael quote:

For me I like him and think he's pretty well balanced. I'll like him more when my Earthshatter's mess him up though, the devs are looking at that I believe. He won't do damage for very long then. ;o)

Yea i noticed the problem too.
But it will stay a problem for the people that are currently getting up. Since your damage and your barricade health won't be that high. Once you are at the end of the gear range of the difficulty it's not that much of a problem but the beginning is extreme

So the cannon ogre has a lot of hit points, and does a lot of damage, and moves kind of fast. The simplest way to kill the cannon ogre is from range, the dryad or gunwitch being some of the simplest way to kill him. Stunning him is also stupid effective. This boss is one of 4 bosses (BM, yeti, Ganash being the other 3) that is remotely a challenge and you want to nerf him? We literally JUST had trendy make the game a bit harder with the onslaught scaling rework, now you want it easier? The cannon ogre at c7 does 300K dmg, just invest in a storm servo/drenching strikes for your melee heros, get more health and you wont have a problem. 

Instead of crying for nerfs make sure you do everything in your power to gear your heros for the tasks that you want them to do (like a melee hero that cant take a punch...)Also please buff blockades they are useless, ty.

P.S. if you want a proper tank just grab the barb, hes like the only hero that can tank anything the game can throw at you

@BABurrito69 quote:

Instead of crying for nerfs make sure you do everything in your power to gear your heros for the tasks that you want them to do (like a melee hero that cant take a punch...)Also please buff blockades they are useless, ty.

I already have health on my weapon and on one Armor piece if i go full health i just lack damage so he could shoot multiple times at me which wouldn't change a thing then

@Matthew7991 quote:

@BABurrito69 quote:

I already have health on my weapon and on one Armor piece if i go full health i just lack damage so he could shoot multiple times at me which wouldn't change a thing then

There is ascension health, and passives that can easily give you more hp without giving up your damage, also its 300% doable to stun the cannon ogre before he fires his cannon, so do that. stunning a boss and have your defenses kill him is a very viable strat.

@BABurrito69 quote:

@Matthew7991 quote:

@BABurrito69 quote:

There is ascension health, and passives that can easily give you more hp without giving up your damage, also its 300% doable to stun the cannon ogre before he fires his cannon, so do that. stunning a boss and have your defenses kill him is a very viable strat.

So you just say get a higher ascesnion like 420+ and pump everything in healt and farm even more to get hicher mods and the mats for it. And regarding the stunning you first have to find the shards for it and you might want to use another shard.
You just see it from your point of view and not of someone new

@Matthew7991 quote:

@BABurrito69 quote:

@Matthew7991 quote:

@BABurrito69 quote:

So you just say get a higher ascesnion like 420+ and pump everything in healt and farm even more to get hicher mods and the mats for it. And regarding the stunning you first have to find the shards for it and you might want to use another shard.

You are right, i am saying play more to get more ascension and mods. however the stun combo is STUPID easy to get, drenching strikes is a shard that comes from campaign (even a campaign cannon ogre couldnt kill you) and you just need to upgrade it and throw a storm servo (from any chaos tier you can find it from) into your weapon on your hero and BAM he can stun ANY non headstrong enemy in the game. the electrocute combo is basically handed to new players on a silver platter, very easy to facilitate. Trendy made a boss that excels at killing melee heros. so dont use a melee hero. kinda like you dont use a flame aura in a cybork lane, UNLESS you have the necessary things (a t10 tenacity mod, good luck finding that...) this game has always played like rock paper scissors, so if your rock gets covered by paper, dont scream nerf the paper, just know when to grab a pair of scissors. also ascension farm, cause you need that anyways, everybody needs that.

Lil bit here to address your other points. i am looking at this from a newer players perspective, the cannon ogre is a wonderful learning tool, much like the cybork, geode and zerker, they all teach you something about the game. your first few c4 maps are going to fail because of a lady orc running threw walls, you learn to wall better in bigger lanes. the lady orcs stop becoming an issue after that. Same with the cannon ogre, stun him and nuke him from there, or out range him, dont tank his cannon.

as far as another shard to replace drenching strikes, its basically necessary to have that shard on any hero that does any dps. it drenches controlled burn mobs so you can kill them. i know that onslaught is later than the chaos levels, however ANY hero dmg builds will have the electrocute combo rdy to go, free stuns? yes plz!

@BABurrito69 quote:

@Matthew7991 quote:

@BABurrito69 quote:

@Matthew7991 quote:

@BABurrito69 quote:

You are right, i am saying play more to get more ascension and mods. however the stun combo is STUPID easy to get, drenching strikes is a shard that comes from campaign (even a campaign cannon ogre couldnt kill you) and you just need to upgrade it and throw a storm servo (from any chaos tier you can find it from) into your weapon on your hero and BAM he can stun ANY non headstrong enemy in the game. the electrocute combo is basically handed to new players on a silver platter, very easy to facilitate. Trendy made a boss that excels at killing melee heros. so dont use a melee hero. kinda like you dont use a flame aura in a cybork lane, UNLESS you have the necessary things (a t10 tenacity mod, good luck finding that...) this game has always played like rock paper scissors, so if your rock gets covered by paper, dont scream nerf the paper, just know when to grab a pair of scissors. also ascension farm, cause you need that anyways, everybody needs that.

Lil bit here to address your other points. i am looking at this from a newer players perspective, the cannon ogre is a wonderful learning tool, much like the cybork, geode and zerker, they all teach you something about the game. your first few c4 maps are going to fail because of a lady orc running threw walls, you learn to wall better in bigger lanes. the lady orcs stop becoming an issue after that. Same with the cannon ogre, stun him and nuke him from there, or out range him, dont tank his cannon.

as far as another shard to replace drenching strikes, its basically necessary to have that shard on any hero that does any dps. it drenches controlled burn mobs so you can kill them. i know that onslaught is later than the chaos levels, however ANY hero dmg builds will have the electrocute combo rdy to go, free stuns? yes plz!

Ok yet you still would have to find that out first and i find him stronger against range :D since his melee can be tanked easily

@BABurrito69 quote:

. The simplest way to kill the cannon ogre is from range,

I couldn't disagree more.   When you get into melee range of the cannon ogre, it attempts to smash you with the cannon.   As long as you stay in close range, it keeps trying to smash you and NOT shoot you.   The attack animation for smashing you is extremely slow and easy to dodge and the ogre stands still while it attacks you.

In other words, the easiest way to kill a cannon ogre is in fact close range.

You do 1 of 3 things:

1) Melee engage him. He switches to a cannon swat which is mad slow and easy to dodge

2) You place a damage debuff down like Withering Fountain or Betsy's Curse and then augment your walls with Boost Auras

3) Crowd Control it.

I don't really need to worry about it trashing my walls since I got a maxed Hardened and T5 Protective Downgrade Servo on my walls alongside gilded Shielding Guard, max Health, gilded fortification and a T6 Health servo.

Get in close and circle it as it's melee is slow so you can generally avoid the swings.

Agreed that barriers could do with some love as they are generally paper at high onslaught my viper fangs have nearly 9 million HP but are crumpled in seconds in an omega wave .  

There are also very few MODS to help walls as well so their only real purpose is to boost defenses and serve as a warning that somethings are getting too close if they get chip damage as well as removing those stupid assassins. 

The other day a cannon ogre got to the core after shooting through 2 stacked reflect beams and killing the wall and turrets behind so I assume the reflect beams did nothing as sniper warbleed will stand off and constantly throw at the beam - I assume the ogre just continues walking and firing so eventually meleed the wall?

Another option is you can have a hero on the card designed to fight it and use the Last Stand Chip on your weapon. So if you do get smoked, you get back up and you can quickly crowd control it or slay it. I also recommend not trying a frontal assault.

keep some points spare, whichever lane spawns him drop a reflect beam on it.