Sign in to follow this  
Uchihia

KeyBind More Heroes

simple request. not sure if i am the only one on this boat but its a pure pain to constantly be switching between your arsenal of builders with the current limit, would really help if we had at least 8 heroes on keybind at least during build phase.    

I had made a similar post, way way, way back with a visual example of how this can be done. It can be similar to swapping between heroes in cosmetics tab, by pressing a button or a key and bringin up all your heroes and choose who to swap in or put in your deck.

Often debated topic here. I've always wanted a build ring and a DPS ring, and be able to swap between those decks on the fly. That would increase our count to 8 at least. 3 rings be even better of course. Mastery with Diversity? I mean, c'mon...

If that couldn't be done, having a deck swapping with new keybinds would be great. Instead of individually searching and swapping a hero, we could have like 4 decks of 4 heroes to swap between. Seems fitting for heroes in a card format, in my opinion.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

If that couldn't be done, having a deck swapping with new keybinds would be great. Instead of individually searching and swapping a hero, we could have like 4 decks of 4 heroes to swap between. Seems fitting for heroes in a card format, in my opinion.

Could totally be done on console as well. Hold r2 l2 to active deck select, used D pad to pick between the four decks, release r2 l2, use D pad to select hero just like it is now. Have to figure out an interface to set up each deck but totally could happen.

This comes up from time to time, and we tend to address it, but here are just a few reasons we don't do it:

• Keeping data constraints lower for smoother gameplay.
  • Easily understand it for new players.
  • Avoid balancing content for 12+ hero decks.
  • Development time is tremendous for something that's just seen as QoL for a minority of the game (and most likely too overwhelming to use for the majority).
  • Lose out on adding new content and reacting to live concerns (i.e. Mod drop rates).

Regardless of the flows on how to make it usable can be provided it is not something that we are going to be working on.

@LAWLTA quote:

This comes up from time to time, and we tend to address it, but here are just a few reasons we don't do it:

• 1.Keeping data constraints lower for smoother gameplay.
  • 2.Easily understand it for new players.
  • 3.Avoid balancing content for 12+ hero decks.
  • 4.Development time is tremendous for something that's just seen as QoL for a minority of the game (and most likely too overwhelming to use for the majority).
  • 5.Lose out on adding new content and reacting to live concerns (i.e. Mod drop rates).

Regardless of the flows on how to make it usable can be provided it is not something that we are going to be working on.

1. I don't understand the inner workings of DD2 so I'll take your word for it :)

2. Yeah, this is a good point as new players won't be starting off with more than 4 heros anyway.

3. So this one I'm a bit un-ok with. I mean can't players already use like 12+Hero decks anyway by just assigning them to the shortcuts then repeat for how many other heros they want to use?

4. This again I can understand, I mean I know it's not even on the same level of coding but I did a lot of the logic in LBP2/3 and sometimes to make something so simple required so much behind the scenes work it was insane.

5. Yeah, time is our biggest enemy. Time, money and resource

• Development time is tremendous for something that's just seen as QoL for a minority of the game (and most likely too overwhelming to use for the majority).
  • Lose out on adding new content and reacting to live concerns (i.e. Mod drop rates).

Now that you put those reasons into the fray...those are really good points and I have to agree with them. 

Compared to other more pressing issues, I definitely could live with this current iteration.

@LAWLTA quote:

• Keeping data constraints lower for smoother gameplay.
  • Easily understand it for new players.
  • Avoid balancing content for 12+ hero decks.

Maybe I'm reading wrong, but what i believe people actually one is Quick Deck-Switching Keybindings
I.e. This specific lane in Onslaught is best handle by my Monk EV and Abyss lord, i have about 2 of each available character, and they are order by when they where released, so i have to scroll to each individual hero, After I'm done, i have to rearrange my deck once more to put my DPS heroes back on deck again  This is more time consuming for people who aren't familiar with their deck that they can scroll count to each hero. Most spent insane amounts of time just setting up the map than actually playing.

Cheers

@Gelostar quote:
-snip-

The initial post was asking for binding 8+ heroes. Deck swapping is another tremendous feat that again, a minority of players would probably utilize, on top of the UX challenges that a system like that presents. It's just not a strong enough feature to try and develop because of the time it would take us for a small portion of our community.

As far as balance goes, it seems like only having it active during build phase would mean no change to balance.

But regardless, if it's not a simple undertaking programming wise, prioritizing other things makes total sense. Thanks for the info.

Thank you for responding Lawlta, this is the third (excluding my own) thread about this subject and this time we have an answer from Dev Team through you, so thank you for letting us know what you think too.

Emoji_Monk.png ... 

i understand now that it's not easy to code ... but if it would be easy, i will vote for deck swaping, for example F5 will swich all 4 heroes in one Key.

@LAWLTA quote:

The initial post was asking for binding 8+ heroes. Deck swapping is another tremendous feat that again, a minority of players would probably utilize, on top of the UX challenges that a system like that presents. It's just not a strong enough feature to try and develop because of the time it would take us for a small portion of our community.

I completely agree. This is purely a personal preference. And most addicted DD2 players have +15 hero slots already. This would still not satisfy everyone :D 

Is there any possibility to being able to customize the order the heroes are listed in when we expand past the 4 in our deck while in the inventory menu? That is one of the big issues for me driving the request for more hero wheels. I can't find who i want quickly and easily. If i could reorder, that would eliminate much of that desire. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

Is there any possibility to being able to customize the order the heroes are listed in when we expand past the 4 in our deck while in the inventory menu? That is one of the big issues for me driving the request for more hero wheels. I can't find who i want quickly and easily. If i could reorder, that would eliminate much of that desire. 

yes please!

Just another idea to ease the use of the hero deck if you have lots of heros: Can we at least have the option to rearrange our hero list? Right now, I have to scroll through my whole list of around 20 heros, just to get to those few, I actually need for building.

And maybe add two new shortcuts to switch to previous/next hero in the list. Those two ideas combined would make building so much faster for me.