Sign in to follow this  
024noi

No pole for me :(

Ok so i've reset 24 times. The last few were after they started dropping prestigious weapons every 10 floors. I have yet to get a weapon for my monk. Gotten 4 or so axes, 3 staffs, at least 10 swords, a few canisters, a couple tomes, 5 pole arms for the chick monk, 3 bows, 3 lavamancer weapons and 1 gun. Of all the weapons, i wanted the monk one most as i play him mostly. Alas none have dropped. 

I even started a second account to ease my mote farming burden and have started resetting that account as well in hopes of finding one. Shes on her second reset, farming every ten floors for AP weapons ... And still nothing. The pool of AP weapons isn't that big.I've found half a dozen defence rate shard, 2 perfect tenacitys, a perfect piercing mod, 3 c8 amps during this process. All of which are super rare and come from much bigger pools ... And yet no ap pole arm  for the monk. Seems a bit off and was wondering if any fellow monk players are having this issue.

Nope, PSN, but ty very much for the offer.   :)

Just got 2 more bows lol. Thats the other thing thats got me wondering ... I've only seen one monk AP polearm for sale this whole time as well. 

There's nothing much to wonder sadly. That's the way carelessly coded RNG works.

Blizzard devs talked about this in an interview many moons ago - regular RNG is almost never a good design decision for the playerbase. A healthy random loot system should only 'feel' random, but should be carefully designed to distribute loot based on a variety of dynamic factors (time since last drop, type of last drop, type of activity, etc.). Granted, it's fairly harder to implement, as it requires the loot generation algorithm to have to take into factor a lot of variables (and the storage space to keep track of those variables). It is by no means an easy feat, technically speaking. But it's most likely the only correct approach.

I'm unsure how 'vanilla' RNG the loot generation algorithm is for DD2, but based off experience and comments made by players and TE staff, it 'seems' like a regular RNG distribution. This will work for everyone that falls within the center of the distribution graph, but be extremely frustrating for those that fall within the 'bad' extreme.

That and there is no such thing as random in context of computers. It all boils down to 1s and 0s. On or off. A computer is not capable of true randomness. Only the illusion of random.  So ya, i agree with you that thier so called rng definitely needs work. Maybe with the advent of quantum computers for the main stream years from now we will have a true random number generator.

No, that's what i'm advocating against :). True random is not really desirable, IMHO.

The Random number distribution that most programming libraries provide are almost exactly what the lay person would understand as 'random'. The unfortunate narrative that keeps propagating that computers are not capable of true randomness is a bit of misnomer. It relies heavily on conflating the 'predictability' vector with the definition of 'random'. Whilst that isn't wrong, the 'random' definition that's most important for loot distribution is the one that's based on the 'distribution' vector. To simplify, for loot generation mechanics, the fact that the random sequence can be replicated if you setup the same 'seed' data and initial conditions is less relevant than how often some event is allowed to occur.

For a more fun (or less frustrating) experience, you actually want to eliminate some of the outer extremes of the distribution (e.g. minimize/eliminate 'bad-luck' streaks; you most likely also want to have finer control over 'good-luck' streaks too).