Sign in to follow this  
kingoftime2013

physical damage defences

which defences are you guys using on lanes that have increased magic resist and less physical resist?

I tried balistas and cannons but they deal no damage to vanguards or through geodes cause I dont have perfect piercing mode. and I tried bees but after the bees nerf they are not doing great job either.

@kingoftime2013 quote:

which defences are you guys using on lanes that have increased magic resist and less physical resist?

I tried balistas and cannons but they deal no damage to vanguards or through geodes cause I dont have perfect piercing mode. and I tried bees but after the bees nerf they are not doing great job either.

You don't need perfect piercing. Just an average piercing mod will do fine. I use cannons as my go-to physical defense, with a mid-level piercing mod. 

Of course, if you use a dryad, bees are a good physical option. No need for a priercing mod. 

There are lots of options, but those are my most commonly used. 

Lol Rusty.  Flame Auras do just fine for me too.  

To OP: I go with dem Bees.  For physical damage, they are as good as it gets in my book. 

Also, the Huntress’s exploding trap was recently buffed in terms of both damage and range. It is physical damage, IIRC. I have not personally given it a fair shake yet. But you might find it useful. 

@Rentard quote:

@kingoftime2013 quote:

You don't need perfect piercing. Just an average piercing mod will do fine. I use cannons as my go-to physical defense, with a mid-level piercing mod. 

Of course, if you use a dryad, bees are a good physical option. No need for a priercing mod. 

There are lots of options, but those are my most commonly used. 

but I tried with average piercing mode and It didnt do enough damage. 

@RustyCounterweight quote:

@kingoftime2013 quote:

The same as every other lane....flame auras

@SELL SW0RD quote:

Lol Rusty.  Flame Auras do just fine for me too.  

To OP: I go with dem Bees.  For physical damage, they are as good as it gets in my book. 

Also, the Huntress’s exploding trap was recently buffed in terms of both damage and range. It is physical damage, IIRC. I have not personally given it a fair shake yet. But you might find it useful. 

if youre using flame auras im guessing youre not near your max floor then? or..?

also I cant use traps at all if there are cyborks

So, a magical resist lane with lots of shields? I would stack 2 FAs and an LSA at the door, and then use 2-3 cannons with Pierce. Just because magical does less damage doesn't mean it's useless. Those auras will still help melt geodes and shields. 

And FAs work very well no matter what floor you're on, as long as you are smart using them. They can even be effective against cyborks if you are smart with your placement. 

The bottom line is, you have the tools to combat these lanes. You just have to get used to how to make them work. 

i use bees on physical lanes and some lost temple lanes since you dont know what path the enemies might take. I really wish WMs was physical damage , she is a robot after all . What i do not like is my cannons becoming magical damage when i place a fire mod on them and my bees stays physical with a storm mod. I don't think a mod should change a towers properties and we dont have many physical AOE choices . 

my physical lane set up if there is not frosties is 3 bees and 2 frostbites. the same works very well against BM boss lanes :) 

I like to partner my phys def with slow down tactic to ensure my phys def have enough time to get the job done. So i partner either Cannonballs/Ballista/Bees/SkelArch with something like a slowdown boost aura/Protons/Earthshatter with popup (and put a Hailstorm next to that, and a Viper Fang as the wall). Def that add conditions can be helpful too, so some poison or fire near the front to whittle them down also really helps. One of the key issues in the phys def world is the lack of big AOE attacks that magical has in spades. So finding a way for your phys def to have the time to kill everything is the key to me. 

If frost units are in the lane, heap on magical fire attacks, because if you built them well, the added shard/MOD power eclipses the nerf. Sharkman_insane.png

Bee's with a stall works every time. I perfer frosty power frostbite towers as they also boost the bees but any stall will do. The only exception to this is if there are zerkers in the miix. Stalls don't work on them and since the bee change, 3 bees some times can't get the job done fast enough. In those cases i add a couple stun cannons or 2 WM nodes to slow them down. I've also had luck with explosive traps, frosty beam protons, and a couple cannons to get the shatter combo. But not as reliable as bees and frost towers. 

Question ... Are boom mods physical or magic or tower dependent?