Sign in to follow this  
specialK

QoL: MOD and Gear auto pickup filters

Hi there,

since this has been requested a few times within comments in other threads, I thought I would make it in a seperate thread, to see the momentum it gets

The issue is, as a lot of people know, once tou start building up your characters and defences, you will start going for “perfect” gear and “near perfect” M.O.D.D.s

If you play 10-20 maps or more and then go to check your gear, you often end up spending a lot of time going through that gear to see if you have a good drop, than actually playing the game.

The theoretical easy solution would be to have a set of filters to tell the game which items you wish to pick up.

So my proposed solution would be to have three set of filters plus one for rarity.

So there would be a bar somewhere in options or bags, for auto pick up loot, from 1 to 10, indicating from which MOD rarity and upwards you would want itema collected. So if you chose 6, your bags would only collect items of 6 MOD quality and upwards.

However I know a lot of people go for perfect gear too as in Primary secondary stats. So there would be 2 more bars.

One for primary stat ranging from 0% to 100%, and one for secondary again from 0% to 100%. So you could tell the game to only pickup gear with stats of 80% and up.

Now the catch is if a MOD drops on a lower item quality, the game should pickup that gear even if it is lower on the second and third filter, lets say a 60% item.

Optionally there could be also for stat quality, to be a filter similar to bags auto collect, telling the game to pickup only legendarys or mythicals and upwards.

All remaingn items not collected, should be auto-sold, or sent to the scavenger, where there would be an option for sell all too.

Waiting for your proposals, ideas.

I agree that we need a filter for sifting through MOD rarities.

You had me untill the primary and secondary stat bars/sliders for gear... I think it´s over complicating things.  Just give us the option to also reroll the secondary stats, just like we can already do with primary stats.

Why not both? It is really just 3 sliders similar to music settings in options. Being able to re-roll secondary stats would be ok too, as long as it would be the same materials and not have to farm for more I guess? Or would it be ok to farm for an extra material to re-roll secondary? Sometimes it feels it is just to much materials, and too little space, for example material vault maxes out at 999, yes? Maybe that would need an upgrade too. Anyway I know we stir the discussion to something entirely different, but it seems there are quite a few issues at the moment with the game.

I could go along with sliders for loot sorting. The auto sell that you mentioned would really change things though. I collect and sell all my loot. While that is far from a stellar income every little bit helps. So no matter what they do, if there isn't an auto sell added with it then I will still collect and looooooooooooooooooooooook through every piece of loot to makes sure I don't need it. Well, almost every piece, I average about 5-10 pieces of green and/or white pieces per map that go into a separate bag and are sold en masse.

And rerolling secondary stats should never be put in the game. It is too easy to reroll primary stats as it is. Do that with secondaries and may as well stop putting stats on items altogether. Who would farm loot after they get one legendary drop (not talking mods here)? 

They already have a system in place to auto loot items based on type, adding in a quality slider should be fairly simple, I would love to see this change. Anything to give me more time playing DD2 and less time playing sort my bags.