Sign in to follow this  
zaxzax

Enable inventory in combat phase. *Discussion*

Hi,

Let me emphasize that these are just basic ideas and there is no need to be edgy (but as I noticed it is already too late), feel free to add your ideas into this discussion, any improvements to already mentioned ideas, compromises or new ideas. 

Thank you!

tl;dr - It takes forever to clean bags, especially if you have many of them, open inventory in combat phase would be a great function or adding battery icon + filter (Filter right now isn't very effective),  that would indicate mod rarity on specific items. Especially at (expedition) grinding situations where you place turrets and then you do nothing over combat anyway. The whole concept point is that with so MANY items and RNG, to clean a bag after one game takes longer than building a new map.

Additionally, I would like to point out that there is already a sound effect that alerts end of the combat, so players are aware of quitting their inventories. For deaf players, it would be great to add some "double flash" effect that would signal over. 

A person who is creating a game would be able to allow/disable function on the game creation so people could decide if they want it or not.

Please, unlock inventory when the combat phase is on. I understand that you did not want to people switchgear and relics, but now it is much less relevant, additionally, you could just disable those and let people clean their inventories.

Problem is that cleaning bags takes much longer, especially now when you need to check all pieces of equipping if there isn't a jackpot in form of a full mod.

Now, with all added bonuses to group plays, you want to press G asap between the waves so no one is edgy. You have two choices, you let it go to scavenger, or leave and lose a winning strike.

Another ideas / improvements / new ideas conducted from discussion:

EDIT 1: Adding an icon to each item, indicating rarity of mods would reduce time spent on cleaning bags - so instead of watching item one by one, you could sell trash instantly.  For example, a crap red mod would have "battery" icon on a red level, meanwhile, 8,9,10/10 mods would have a green battery icon. 

Additionally, you could set your bags to auto-collect only by based criteria, so let's say one bag would have crap mods and items, meanwhile, the second bag would collect only all green stuff.

EDIT 2: Improved SORTING, would improve QOL a bunch, basically with good filtering, we wouldn't need to open inventories during the combat because we would have a control about where what goes, and I could just filter all bad mods and sell them at once. (Current filtering is not very effective.)

Thank you for reading, suggestions and any other comments!

Allow inventory management during waves while disabling the equip item ability. However, that brings in its own set of problems for multiplayer. For solo play it would be amazing.

As someone who regularly carries lower level players, this is something that I do not want to see.  If I'm going to do all the building for everyone, the least they can do is pay attention and help take down rollers, etc.  If they can access their inventories, I'll have to do all that by myself too.  AFKers are bad enough as it is.

To combat the inventory issue, I only auto-collect the legendary and purple drops.  That way my bags don't fill up with blues and greens.  I can usually get through at least a dozen maps before my bags get close to filling up, and the loss of gold is minimal.  As far as mods, I just look at the blues that have dropped during the wave to see if there's anything I want.

I appreciate the sentiment of this thread and understand the frustration, but removing one frustration by creating others is not the way to go.

@Rentard quote:

As someone who regularly carries lower level players, this is something that I do not want to see.  If I'm going to do all the building for everyone, the least they can do is pay attention and help take down rollers, etc.  If they can access their inventories, I'll have to do all that by myself too.  AFKers are bad enough as it is.

This is why I think only for the first 2 waves when no bosses come into play. The other very very important thing for this would be to add a visual que for when your team mates "G" inside the inventory screen. So you dont keep them waiting.

@Flashtzu quote:

@Rentard quote:

This is why I think only for the first 2 waves when no bosses come into play. The other very very important thing for this would be to add a visual que for when your team mates "G" inside the inventory screen. So you dont keep them waiting.

I don't think it should even be at the first two waves. First, bosses do appear at wave 2. Second, when you're a newer player and don't have enough shards for an afk build plus on multiplayer, you're gonna need all hands on deck. AFK and troll players is one thing but when stuff happens when decent players are sorting their inv, it can ruin the experience more.

Although, I agree that a visual cue when players Gs at the inv would be neat. Better quality of life stuff for build phase inv sorters (which I am one of them) I guess.

You cant base decent changes on afk/troll players, I am almost always the builder and I almost never get to sort my inventory with out stoping/slowing down the xp train. I would like to be able to sort my inventory in expeditions esp lower tier ones like c4 that is 100% afkable. Honestly if afk/troll players are a problem for you make the games private if you had 4 friends chilling and playing together it would be nice to be able to sort your inventory, and thats what you should think about playing with friends not worrying about afk players.

There is actually plenty of time to deal with your bags while the end chest is opening and dropping out the loot. It's the best time to do it to minimize downtime.

I just read an idea that if there would be an icon on the item indicating rarity of a mod, that would balance out the time spent on cleaning bags.

What do you think about this one?

@zaxzax quote:

I just read an idea that if there would be an icon on the item indicating rarity of a mod, that would balance out the time spent on cleaning bags.

What do you think about this one?

Would be better if you could set auto collect to mod quality

@Racthoh quote:

There is actually plenty of time to deal with your bags while the end chest is opening and dropping out the loot. It's the best time to do it to minimize downtime.

If you think this is plenty of time I imagine you have sold more then a few perfect items.

@Flashtzu quote:

You cant base decent changes on afk/troll players, I am almost always the builder and I almost never get to sort my inventory with out stoping/slowing down the xp train. I would like to be able to sort my inventory in expeditions esp lower tier ones like c4 that is 100% afkable. Honestly if afk/troll players are a problem for you make the games private if you had 4 friends chilling and playing together it would be nice to be able to sort your inventory, and thats what you should think about playing with friends not worrying about afk players.

Actually, you aren't hitting the core problem here. The main problem is how there a lot of junk to sort on inventory. That need to be tweaked. I rather the main problem be solved than creating a band-aid that may or may not create more problems (at least for this issue)

The example of newer player experience that I mentioned at my last post was due to me experiencing progression at again at an alt-account. You're able to handle this because you're nicely geared. However, newer player do not, they might need all players to fight to survive even the first wave. Yes, I could always go for private games to avoid stuff like afk-ers or trolls or inventory sorters at combat phases or even harder mobs, but still, do you think this will not drive off multiplaying more?

Think about how many people AFK as it is now and think about how many people will AFK if they can mess around in there inventory during combat….. I say no to inventory open during combat

@interval quote:

Think about how many people AFK as it is now and think about how many people will AFK if they can mess around in there inventory during combat….. I say no to inventory open during combat

Make your games private if you have problems with afk people. This would be a great quality of life change for a lot of players who dont afk just want to be more efficient.

@Flashtzu quote:

@Racthoh quote:

If you think this is plenty of time I imagine you have sold more then a few perfect items.

Yes and no. I've sold a few decent mods, like the 7s or 8s, but just immediately purchased them back after it registered with me "oh wait, that wasn't trash". Since the bulk if drops are just junk it's faster to assume something is going to be terrible and get in the mindset of just hitting S. Grays and Greens will never have mods so they're an immediate sell, I'm done upgrading pets so I just sell the boxes as is. 

Heck if I'm mindlessly farming C7 or a lower tier for a specific shard and I know I don't need to upgrade defenses I'll use those few seconds waiting for the mana to come in to sell as well before hitting G.

@Flashtzu quote:

Make your games private if you have problems with afk people. This would be a great quality of life change for a lot of players who dont afk just want to be more efficient.

Honestly, if that is going to be the answer to those who don't want this change then I would give up on the proposal. Trendy is trying to do anything that will encourage multiplayer, so they would pass on anything that would reverse this in any way. I get that sorting inventory is a pain but I would rather have some more sorting options than ask for a change they are already worried about because of the way defenses and equipment work.

@Flashtzu quote:

@interval quote:

You're missing the point.

Trendy has worked very hard to get more people to play public matches.  They aren't going to make a change that will lead to more people playing private just to appease a few who can't manage their inventory outside of combat phase.  Trendy wants DD2 to be a social game.  Having everyone with their heads buried in their inventory defeats this goal.

If you are having trouble managing your bag space, there are many, many ways to overcome it.  A few have even been suggested in this thread.

@Flashtzu quote:

@interval quote:

Flashtzu Smart, insightful and well thought-out comment Ialso love how it take into consideration of the DD2 community as well as being thoughtfulof others in regards to there time.

@Rentard quote:

@Flashtzu quote:

@interval quote:

You're missing the point.

Trendy has worked very hard to get more people to play public matches.  They aren't going to make a change that will lead to more people playing private just to appease a few who can't manage their inventory outside of combat phase.  Trendy wants DD2 to be a social game.  Having everyone with their heads buried in their inventory defeats this goal.

If you are having trouble managing your bag space, there are many, many ways to overcome it.  A few have even been suggested in this thread.

I am not missing anything, I have had 0 trouble filling Private games with people who dont afk using the LFG channel in discord. Afk lechers are not something you should base game changes on... "public" matches can be an awful experience or a great one, while finding 4 non afkers in discord LFG I have had a ton of fun and meet some cool people.

And as far as trendy wanting this to be a social game, they have succeed in my eyes. The people on the forums and discord are extremely helpful. Making games "Public" is only 1 aspect of this game being social. I have seen many people helping each other in Juciebags chat alone.  The inventory issue is a complex one and hopefully some day we can sort by many things such as quality of mod or percent of main stat on an item but until then this would be a great change to tide us over.

@Flashtzu quote:

I am not missing anything, I have had 0 trouble filling Private games with people who dont afk using the LFG channel in discord. Afk lechers are not something you should base game changes on... "public" matches can be an awful experience or a great one, while finding 4 non afkers in discord LFG I have had a ton of fun and meet some cool people.

And as far as trendy wanting this to be a social game, they have succeed in my eyes. The people on the forums and discord are extremely helpful. Making games "Public" is only 1 aspect of this game being social. I have seen many people helping each other in Juciebags chat alone.  The inventory issue is a complex one and hopefully some day we can sort by many things such as quality of mod or percent of main stat on an item but until then this would be a great change to tide us over.

You got to keep in mind that there's a chunk of the playerbase who doesn't use social channels we currently are using. They still rely on public games for social. I was in the game since late 2016. I only joined the forums at June 2017 and then start interacting at discord at early 2018. Not everyone does use social media in the way we do.

The solution for Trendy is very very simple if they want more public games.(because the xp and loot bonus are currently amazing but afk'ers and leachers take the fun out of it).
Master Builder Mode all green mana goes to the Leader or Creator.

Master "G" Mode so only the leader has to "G" to start waves.

However That is not what this thread is about, This thread is about the massive amount of loot you get and not being able to sort it out during waves, for me specifically c1,c3,c4 expeditions is where I would love this the most. Then I could fill my inventory and drop into an ez afk map and sort it all out while still being productive. 

Just farm 10 maps, then hit the scavenger. No need for entering inventory during combat. Sort through your stuff on ur own time. Faster in the long run and there's no pressure to hurry up cuz combats over. No reason anymore to even go into your inventory during game at all. Drops aren't dependant on what u have equipped, the days of the mule are long gone.

@024noi quote:

Just farm 10 maps, then hit the scavenger. No need for entering inventory during combat. Sort through your stuff on ur own time. Faster in the long run and there's no pressure to hurry up cuz combats over. No reason anymore to even go into your inventory during game at all. Drops aren't dependant on what u have equipped, the days of the mule are long gone.

A) why would I want to lose my win streak by going to town and visiting the scavenger

B) How is any of the time I spend playing not "my time"

C) The reason to go into your inventory is to keep it clean and search for items worth keeping and sell items that are not worth keeping with out losing valuable time. Unless you are level 24,000 you have better things to do then sort your inventory.

D)"faster in the long run" ... sorting your inventory while clearing waves is Infinity faster then doing them apart. That is the whole reason for this thread.