Sign in to follow this  
NineO_OSix

Been gone for a year. Is this a good time to come back?

Last time I play was 2017 June. Back then I had full gear for every hero at around 750 ipower each. 

Can someone give me a quick run down of the major changes and how I should proceed to get back in it?

WELL that has been a while and there has been a lot and I mean a lot of changes.

1. Item power is now a gear score. It's pretty much the same but the gear score is now a bit more accurate of representing how strong that gear is.

2. Gear can now be fully upgraded to its max chaos level. So if you found a glove in Chaos 2, and you like it. you can upgrade it to the max gear score for chaos 2.

3. Mods, mats, crafting materials.

Gear now drop mods which are like passive effects or strat up stat changes. For example, the glove could contain a power chip which increases your hero damage by x amount or health power, +x amount of def power when at 90% health. etc. You change swap these mods from gear to gear to build up your equipment.

and much much more.

I would recommend doing the expeditions as that is one of the end game ways of gearing up or tacking onslaught which is the end game mode and it's like never-ending dungeon of maps that gets harder with each floor.

It's a totally different game to the one you played.  I would do the campaign again as it has been improved immensely and serves as a tutorial.  Run through expeditions until you have chaos 7 gear and then move onto onslaught or mastery.