High Quality MODS Are Too Rare!

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@Jaws_420 quote:

-snip-

Aside from mods, something definitely needs to be done with shards. All the power that I have in shards was due to the fact that I grinded RNG for Months. A fact that I was reminded whenever I do think of new player experience in some way. 

The only comfortable solution (to us players) I could see is to implement shard crafting. That's the counterbalance to RNG. Something for us to work towards to instead of mindlessly grinding.

Shard crafting would simply add another layer to the grind, inventory management and probably the rng just think about it.

If you want a Max c8 relic you need 250 pristine cytrine clusters that's 125-250 c7 dungeon maps, sure a crafting system sounds good but in the end it will just add to the grind.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi there my first reply to anything on this forum but have something to say. in all I have to agree with juice on this topic but not 100% in agreement. my thoughts are drop rate is drastical

@BIGREDMONSTER quote:

@Jaws_420 quote:

-snip-

Aside from mods, something definitely needs to be done with shards. All the power that I have in shards was due to the fact that I grinded RNG for Months. A fact that I was reminded whenever I do think of new player experience in some way. 

The only comfortable solution (to us players) I could see is to implement shard crafting. That's the counterbalance to RNG. Something for us to work towards to instead of mindlessly grinding.

Shard crafting would simply add another layer to the grind, inventory management and probably the rng just think about it.

If you want a Max c8 relic you need 250 pristine cytrine clusters that's 125-250 c7 dungeon maps, sure a crafting system sounds good but in the end it will just add to the grind.

mundane implementation ontop of many others,  

@Uchihia quote:

@BIGREDMONSTER quote:

@Jaws_420 quote:

-snip-

mundane implementation ontop of many others,  

I know just like materials needed to upgrade items that was not necessary it just added something else to grind for and to take up precious inventory space

Few hours over the weekend, I got 2 destruction 3 deadly strikes, 4 perfect mods ( Fire , Fortitude , Healthy Ap , Controller ) all C7 farming as well as some 9\10 of various types. 

Can't wait for the increase drop rate patch :) 

These are just the worst types of drop rate post. They provide cover to maintain woeful drop rates because someone gets happy with a stroke of luck that is an outlier. Trendy should publish drop rates for mod quality. It would eliminate anecdote as our best data point (they are always terrible, especially when relating to probabilities), including mine or others who are unhappy.

I'd love to find what I believe is a common experience is in fact an outlier. 

@uzar quote:

Few hours over the weekend, I got 2 destruction 3 deadly strikes, 4 perfect mods ( Fire , Fortitude , Healthy Ap , Controller ) all C7 farming as well as some 9\10 of various types. 

@Unleashed quote:

These are just the worst types of drop rate post. They provide cover to maintain woeful drop rates because someone gets happy with a stroke of luck that is an outlier. Trendy should publish drop rates for mod quality. It would eliminate anecdote as our best data point (they are always terrible, especially when relating to probabilities), including mine or others who are unhappy.

I'd love to find what I believe is a common experience is in fact an outlier. 

@uzar quote:

Completely agree. That's one hell of a luck he got there.

Not providing any cover , stating my experience as you are. My issue isn't  with drop rates its the endless farming of motes and gold so i can upgrade the half full bank vault of perfect mods from campaign to c3 level have.  

@Unleashed quote:

These are just the worst types of drop rate post. They provide cover to maintain woeful drop rates because someone gets happy with a stroke of luck that is an outlier. Trendy should publish drop rates 

But it does provide cover, because they reference positive anecdotes as a reason why maybe drop rates are fine. It happened just a couple of days ago. Except, the answer to whether they are fine or not isn't about stories people share, including my own. The answer is mathematical, determining whether as designed it leads to their design goals.

1) Does Trendy intend that getting 30 10/10s you want, via your own farming, is possible?

2) How much time do they believe this should take if so?

3) What are the mod quality drop rates?

These are the only 3 things we need to answer whether drop rates are fine. It doesn't require simulations (should only be required to find drop bugs). It doesn't require stories from people who are fine with the system or stories from people who aren't. If the information in #3 doesn't lead to the outcomes they desire in #1 and #2, then the drop rates aren't fine.

The drop rates, so far as we can tell, are not fine, unless the answer to #1 is no and #2 and #3 then are irrelevant.

[[177697,users]]
quote:

Not providing any cover , stating my experience as you are. My issue isn't  with drop rates its the endless farming of motes and gold so i can upgrade the half full bank vault of perfect mods from campaign to c3 level have. 

@BIGREDMONSTER quote:

You'd rather be spending those shard dust for another roll of the RNG dice in the form of more shard packs?

If I'm not clear and forgive me for not mentioning it too, I meant shard dusting is better used as materials to craft shards. We already got the RNG grind from shard packs that drops in matches which is still a grind nonetheless

Shard Crafting isn't adding anything (at least in my iteration) as we always dust shards, we're just using those dust to work toward something instead of playing chance.

@BIGREDMONSTER quote:

You'd rather be spending those shard dust for another roll of the RNG dice in the form of more shard packs?

If I'm not clear and forgive me for not mentioning it too, I meant shard dusting is better used as materials to craft shards. We already got the RNG grind from shard packs that drops in matches which is still a grind nonetheless

Shard Crafting isn't adding anything (at least in my iteration) as we always dust shards, we're just using those dust to work toward something instead of playing chance.

Had I been aware of the bigger picture I would have responded in a different manner but based on the information I had I instantly assumed a full blown crafting system and almost every crafting system I have ever seen was a mosh pit of rng and farming but I do agree it would be nice if I had a better use of my 500+ c2 shard dust yes I'm a hoarder it's a habit from RPG games but sadly I'm still not a proud owner of the elusive 10/10 tenacity mod.

@Jaws_420 quote:

-snip-

@BIGREDMONSTER quote:

Had I been aware of the bigger picture I would have responded in a different manner but based on the information I had I instantly assumed a full blown crafting system and almost every crafting system I have ever seen was a mosh pit of rng and farming but I do agree it would be nice if I had a better use of my 500+ c2 shard dust yes I'm a hoarder it's a habit from RPG games but sadly I'm still not a proud owner of the elusive 10/10 tenacity mod.

I don't blame you now. It was my bad for not putting more info. Sometimes I forgot that not everyone knows my suggestions and views in this subject.

But hey, at least I'm always reminded of this fact now :)

• 1 year later...

Hi there my first reply to anything on this forum but have something to say.

in all I have to agree with juice on this topic but not 100% in agreement.

my thoughts are drop rate is drastically low and in a good way creates competition for selling and trading. 

The bad part on it all is resolving mods, I like my grind games and work to build games however where interest starts to go is when I have to play in one instance several hundred times to get reroll tokens to get my mod to perfect now there are 3 mods in each piece and average pieces per character is 9. 

So 9x3 in my math and mental image on persistence equals several thousand times in one of 2 instances rerolling one character and on average you use 4 character type defences in higher tiered instances. So again several thousand multiplied again starts adding up to a overload beyond the ten thousand mark to fix mods to perfect on 4 toons hmmmm someone needs to rethink that cause if someone asked me for a recommendation for dd2 I would have to tell them I can’t in good opinion give a good recommendation to a game that deliberately stalls a game harshly to advance on. 

What I mean by that newcomers are denied any chance of making shocking rev mod like the older players have but older players are allowed the use of there weapon man with shock and water together, is this a fair game. All that use that set up say yes but newcomers will tell you it’s unfair kinda discriminating and humiliating. Is this what dd2 is about? This is not an attack against the developers or trendy but this is the honest truth that newcomers will look at.

i imagine that there has been a lot of people that left this game shortly after starting or with in the first few months of playing due to advancement chances being hindered harshly due to reduced chances and huge time involvement just to advance partially to complete another 10 floors in onslaughts. 

Well im not the developer and I don’t profess to be a perfect salesman but I sure do know that when it looks like I have to play a game for a couple years to become a contender on the leader board today that I’m wasting my time playing to be a contender cause the developers don’t want it as such. 

So trendy or whoever is owner to this game must be more concerned about keeping it as such and not really looking to get more newcomers cause I have certainly seen more leave then come into this game other then the older players before the updates and nerfs. I am one of the players after all that stuff.

new to the game this year and can’t even put up a good review honestly thinking of going back to games that are better based fair play rather then spend money on humiliation.

thank you sorry for the long text a dragging

• Like 1