Sign in to follow this  
Juicebags

High Quality MODS Are Too Rare!

@Mr. StrangerDanger quote:

@LAWLTA quote:

Unleashed quote:

-snip-

-snip-

I truly understand your approach to this issue and we thank you as a community to address this issue. Also, was anything considered regarding colors or MOD image, so it easier to distinguish every MOD level? I'm having a really hard time to figure out if something is a 8/10 or 9/10... I tried to change my colors on my monitor, but it's not obvious enough to figure out.

Yes, this:

XM1OIsB.png

It's good Trendy is putting a band-aid on the issue now, while looking for long term solutions. Of course, it's tough to give them full credit for coming up with a solution quickly when the drop rates being far too low, and the lack of bad-luck protection for people who RNG wasn't kind to, was pointed out back in July. This isn't a new problem, it just happens to be talked about more right now. Regardless, at least it's finally being addressed.

While I realize they have to for a short term solution, I hope for the long term one they don't make the mistake of treating all 10/10 MODS as equal rewards. MODS don't need to be balanced around how often a player gets a 10/10 MOD, they need to be balanced around how often a player gets a 10/10 MOD they are actually wanting.

@LAWLTA quote:

Has there been any internal talk about making the mods more linear? The main reason why we want 10/10 is because everything else is garbage when it comes to the actual mod value.

There shouldn't be any reason why all rank 7 mods and below roll for 10% of the maximum mod value and a rank 9 is 50%?

I know I wouldn't care about 10/10 mods if that was the case. I can't speak for the rest of the community but I think they would also share the same opinion as I.

@LordK4G3 quote:

@LAWLTA quote:

Has there been any internal talk about making the mods more linear? The main reason why we want 10/10 is because everything else is garbage when it comes to the actual mod value.

There shouldn't be any reason why all rank 7 mods and below roll for 10% of the maximum mod value and a rank 9 is 50%?

I know I wouldn't care about 10/10 mods if that was the case. I can't speak for the rest of the community but I think they would also share the same opinion as I.

I wouldn't say all mods below 10/10 are trash in fact far from it.

I mean if you get a Rate mod which is 1/10 it's better then using no mod at all as it is a rate increase.

@Martin Arcainess quote:

@LordK4G3 quote:

@LAWLTA quote:

I wouldn't say all mods below 10/10 are trash in fact far from it.

I mean if you get a Rate mod which is 1/10 it's better then using no mod at all as it is a rate increase.

That is true but I'm just trying to imply that the scaling from 1 to 7 is wack. Having it be linear would make it more worth wild. It's at the point where I don't even bother looking at mods unless it has a green tint on it. I just hover my mouse over my loot bags as fast as possible and lock anything green and sell everything else because the scaling on mods below 8 is utter garbage. Yes I understand certain mods at rank 1 is better then nothing but why does a rank 4, 5 or 6 mod has to be 2% more damage then a rank 1 while rank 10 would be a 40-50% damage increase?

I'm exaggerating but you get the point.

@LAWLTA quote:

@LAWLTA quote:

Unleashed quote:

-snip-

-snip-

I truly understand your approach to this issue and we thank you as a community to address this issue. Also, was anything considered regarding colors or MOD image, so it easier to distinguish every MOD level? I'm having a really hard time to figure out if something is a 8/10 or 9/10... I tried to change my colors on my monitor, but it's not obvious enough to figure out.

Yes, this:

XM1OIsB.png

No offense, but that looks really unattractive.  Chopping out half of the possible levels would be just as effective.

Instead of this:

mod_colors_big.gif

Why can't we have this?

mod_colors_big_proposed.png

No more "I can't tell the difference between 7/8/9" because each bar has a distinct color associated with it.  Remap the values for existing mods that are 1-5 to be equal to 6.

@Cymmina quote:

-SNIP-

No offense, but that looks really unattractive.  Chopping out half of the possible levels would be just as effective.

Instead of this:

mod_colors_big.gif

Why can't we have this?

No more "I can't tell the difference between 7/8/9" because each bar has a distinct color associated with it.  Remap the values for existing mods that are 1-5 to be equal to 6.

Stop quoting me :(

@Cymmina quote:

-SNIP-

Instead of this:

mod_colors_big.gif

Why can't we have this?

Stop quoting me :(

Don´t you mean stop not quoting me..? 

Now that the trendy boy has complained, I'm sure it will be reviewed. Taking advantage of your influence, why do not you suggest that the Mastery mode has a reset?

@ufolouco quote:

Now that the trendy boy has complained, I'm sure it will be reviewed. Taking advantage of your influence, why do not you suggest that the Mastery mode has a reset?

As "challenging" it was, I will have to excessively disagree on that. It's bad enough that we have a reset system that resets our loot. Having a reset system that reset THAT!? That one gamemode that I was relieved to complete stripped of it's progression!? That's an absolute killer. NO amount of mass destruction or viscious strikes would ever appeal that idea to me ever.

@ufolouco quote:

Because why?

I know you can change hyper shards to something else but doing them again but yeah a 1 off challenge is enough. Hehe.

I'll take a gilded deadly strikes over a vicious strikes all day long. Hyper shards aren't so hyper now that gilding is a thing.

It would be good if drop rates per mod quality were released. Asking us for feedback based on experiences, with drop rates this low capable of providing 100 hour swings in what someone sees, won't produce as productive a result as us being able to do the simple work of going backwards from:

- How often a mod of a certain quality drops

- We know the mod pool, we can calculate chance for any 1 mod to drop

- We know how many items we see on average, per map, so we know how many mods per map

- We know roughly how long each map takes if farming them

We could use this to pretty accurately place estimates on average and outlier scenarios based on those drop rates, and provide feedback. 

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@ufolouco quote:

As "challenging" it was, I will have to excessively disagree on that. It's bad enough that we have a reset system that resets our loot. Having a reset system that reset THAT!? That one gamemode that I was relieved to complete stripped of it's progression!? That's an absolute killer. NO amount of mass destruction or viscious strikes would ever appeal that idea to me ever.

gotta agree with pal here, it was bad enough finding a lobby trying to complete this when it was most popular god forbid this became a part of  the resets

Just back to OP and to the "have u stopped playing due to grind" thread... The other night i blasted out 5 straight hours of C1 farming, almost all with bonus shards. After all that horrifying borring gameplay, trying to get Destr. Shards, what did i get? Not one destr. shard, not one mod above yellow worth keeping, and only a few ascension levels. So IMO drop rates in DD2 have never been worse as they are right now. RNG needs taken down a few pegs. Pages and pages of endless item management made it even worse.

I really think we need stage specific mods and shards, so we can target farm them. RNG needs put on a leash. Random values, sure, bur random drops is just ridiculous. I can't even equip my whole team, let alone begin gilding the 15 some equipped destr, DS, and DR shards every single def has. 

We also need ways to sort our bags and vault better. Why don't the same shards auto sort together? Makes zero sense. Why can't gilding look at shards in my vault, without having to pull them out? Auto collect needs mod filters. I'm tired of stopping every 3 maps to clean out all the junk. Pages and pages of low level junk. 

And please, find a better shard storage system for gilding. Holding 8\10 shards for 7 different shards is terrible. I bought every bag and every vault, and to be blunt - i feel cheated by this current system. Last update was pure inventory murder. Between gilding and mods...just made inventory management completely wrecked. Since i paid for all my inventory space, i feel extremely cheated by that move. 

Please make grinding and inventory great again. We were there before...

The drop rates are low enough that probabilities would mean it's likely you could have done double that amount for the next 5 days and still not seen a 9/10 or 10/10 worth keeping. Even in c1's potential 1 in 19 servo pool.

It's why I give a head tilting eye roll to talk of "drop rates are fine™".

@Uchihia quote:

gotta agree with pal here, it was bad enough finding a lobby trying to complete this when it was most popular god forbid this became a part of  the resets

God-forbid indeed. I'm just happy that it's an achievement gamemode now, not one that needs replayability with all the grind that's in the game currently.

@kingoftime2013 quote:

get 11 vicious strikes and get gilded vicious strikes :)

It's not worth it. Totally not worth it. You'll be burned out before you hit that amount. Imagine hitting 210 stars 11 times. Can your mind handle that? It's terrifyingly daunting. And that's just ONE gilded hyper shard. The entire scale of that mess is just ginormously-past-Breaking Point INSANE.

@Jaws_420 quote:

-snip-

Aside from mods, something definitely needs to be done with shards. All the power that I have in shards was due to the fact that I grinded RNG for Months. A fact that I was reminded whenever I do think of new player experience in some way. 

The only comfortable solution (to us players) I could see is to implement shard crafting. That's the counterbalance to RNG. Something for us to work towards to instead of mindlessly grinding.

@kingoftime2013 quote:

@024noi quote:

I'll take a gilded deadly strikes over a vicious strikes all day long. Hyper shards aren't so hyper now that gilding is a thing.

get 11 vicious strikes and get gilded vicious strikes :)

Ya right lol... I'm not going though that 1o more times. I'll just keep gilding DS thx. I have 3 already.