What's the most efficient way to Ancient Power Reset?

@Temrael quote:

That's very impressive, is that the new floor 104 (i.e. since the Isle of Dread expansion), or the old one? I'm not sure what the old floor 104 would be equivalent to these days, maybe 50ish? I'm not trying to take anything away from your achievement, obviously, just want to check I'm understanding.

Post-Isle of Dread's floor 45 awards you the Final Form Flair set (aka floor 114), so I have to guess that the old floor 104 would be around early floor 40s or late floor 30s.

@Exglint quote:

Even without a Tenacity I would still go with FA and just reroll any maps with cursi-kaze, most if not all Cyborc lanes can be built around and they can deal with air as well. I do have 1185 min asc though, so I don't see why cannons couldn't also do what I want them to, and I could spam them on every lane with pierce. PDT could also carry early resets fairly easy but bosses concern me with those so instead of running into a possibility I just skipped that idea.

Even with all I have though, as I head up to the upper 30's I have Boost Aura backup because my FA only have 590k dps on tooltip at tier 1 and they sometimes need something more than tier 4. I also have a boss stopping Huntress that can force any boss to stay in FA as long as I want if there are no other bosses that need my attention.

Unfortunately, resets are more than just what defense you use. There are many things that go into it and this is only really half of my strategy/planning that I did before starting. (Not to mention that I started last Monday and I'm already only 2 resets away from being done only playing 5 hours a night Sun-Thurs, so planning paid off)

So what was your strategy/planning before resetting if you don't mind me asking?

What floor did you push before resetting the first time?

Also wanted to ask to everyone, what are your go-to defenses & shards/mods used for climbing? Like how do you deal with frost/omega etc?

long as your starting assention lvls 240+  then when ever and as often as possabe

also a decent weap man with stun mod mele boom mele dam gets me back up only relic i re level . i basically just use wep man and cannons with stun then you really only need to watch for stun orcs but if wep man hasnt stunned it the cannon usualy does plus cannons do high dam so 1 or 2 cannons kill them quick too .once i finnish ap i'll prob just make a decent tenacity flame arua for spawns and keep my weap man as is

As everything stands right now (assuming there will be no changes to the grind parameters), and having struggled with this question myself, my recommendation would be:

• First run (0 resets) - push as high as you can in onslaught before resetting the first time.  This will get you a good chunk of minimum ascension and maximum ascension cap that will help you tremendously going forward
  • Next several runs (how many is up to you) - grind up to C7 gear, collecting as much gold and materials as possible.  Do NOT try to level your good gear.  Use whatever gear drops.  Once you've got some decent c7 gear (mods don't matter), get to the minimum level to prestige and reset.  How many prestige runs you do this is up to you, depending on how you do with gold and material grinding. (EDIT - you can try to push as high as you can in onslaught here too, but do NOT spend gold and mats on leveling your gear.  Use whatever drops)
  • When you get enough gear to level up your ideal gear (the gear with your good mods) - push onslaught levels as high as you can, expanding your minimum ascension and ascension points. 
  • Wash, rinse repeat.  The goal is to get your maximum ascension points as close to 999 as possible.

I made the mistake of trying to push as high in onslaught as I could each reset.  I cost me a massive amount of gold, and a vast amount of grinding for mats.

This is my suggestion.  Others might have better ideas.  Of course, if Trendy makes changes, all this can go out the window.

@Rentard quote:

As everything stands right now (assuming there will be no changes to the grind parameters), and having struggled with this question myself, my recommendation would be:

• First run (0 resets) - push as high as you can in onslaught before resetting the first time.  This will get you a good chunk of minimum ascension and maximum ascension cap that will help you tremendously going forward
  • Next several runs (how many is up to you) - grind up to C7 gear, collecting as much gold and materials as possible.  Do NOT try to level your good gear.  Use whatever gear drops.  Once you've got some decent c7 gear (mods don't matter), get to the minimum level to prestige and reset.  How many prestige runs you do this is up to you, depending on how you do with gold and material grinding. (EDIT - you can try to push as high as you can in onslaught here too, but do NOT spend gold and mats on leveling your gear.  Use whatever drops)
  • When you get enough gear to level up your ideal gear (the gear with your good mods) - push onslaught levels as high as you can, expanding your minimum ascension and ascension points. 
  • Wash, rinse repeat.  The goal is to get your maximum ascension points as close to 999 as possible.

I made the mistake of trying to push as high in onslaught as I could each reset.  I cost me a massive amount of gold, and a vast amount of grinding for mats.

This is my suggestion.  Others might have better ideas.  Of course, if Trendy makes changes, all this can go out the window.

It's good advise. For me I also included the fun factor..My ascension caps are no where close to 999 and honestly climbing some floors were not that fun especially since I mostly play solo. I went as high as I could while still maintaining a fun factor and then reset. However, you want to make sure that your min ascension is more than 250 so that you don't have to play useless games that you don't need to.