How to Build For Frosty Fodder Magic Resist Lane?

I haven't reset yet and only have C7 gear. I'm on floor 63 or 64 Lost Temple. Whenever I get a lane with magical resist / weak to physical, it seems to always come with a huge horde of frosties. I just can't figure out a good build for them? It seems most physical defenses are inferior to magical ones :(

Any ideas?

I use Fire Servo for 2x Dmg to Freezy Mobs

As for physical defenses heres some things i use:

Edit - Fire servo turns towers magical but the 2x dmg onto freezy mobs seems to still do fine for me

Squire

• Harpoon - Des/Rate Sploody harpoons with piercing/Fire Damage/Ballista Bite(poison)
  • Cannon - Rate/Stunfire/Heavycannonball with Piercing/Fire Damage/range 

Dryad

• Hornet's - Des/MassDes/Rate with Fire Damage/Anti Melee/Melee Boom
  • Harpy's - Des/Rate/Range with Piercing/Planteras Blessing/Fire Damage

Thats my setup atm, not great quality but works well enough. 

Armored i use rams with fire, anti frost, frost boom and vipers with venom, anti melee, anti chaos.

For spell breaker i use bees with anti melee, anti chaos, melee boom and cannons anti orc, orc boom, rate.

I also use fissures with anti frost, frost boom, rate mod and shard if i can't use towers due to emp flyer lanes near by for armored. If spell breaker near emp lane i use slimes with fire and bees. Slimes don't care about there bases being frozen it just affects spawn rate so if u kill frost orcs quick enough doesn't really affect damage out put. Same with cursy kasi. They reduce range but they still physically have to walk through the slime mine field.

@024noi quote:

Armored i use rams with fire, anti frost, frost boom and vipers with venom, anti melee, anti chaos.

For spell breaker i use bees with anti melee, anti chaos, melee boom and cannons anti orc, orc boom, rate.

I also use fissures with anti frost, frost boom, rate mod and shard if i can't use towers due to emp flyer lanes near by for armored. If spell breaker near emp lane i use slimes with fire and bees. Slimes don't care about there bases being frozen it just affects spawn rate so if u kill frost orcs quick enough doesn't really affect damage out put. Same with cursy kasi. They reduce range but they still physically have to walk through the slime mine field.

When your on ap reset grinding it costs to much to keep that many defenses i barely can keep 3 defenses and my one dps character also upgradeing gear back up is to high or grinding to much 

@raiden7447 quote:

I haven't reset yet and only have C7 gear. I'm on floor 63 or 64 Lost Temple. Whenever I get a lane with magical resist / weak to physical, it seems to always come with a huge horde of frosties. I just can't figure out a good build for them? It seems most physical defenses are inferior to magical ones :(

Any ideas?

I just use 4 flame auras in a boost aura and one or two cannons (depending on the number of frost orcs).

If you have a fairly straight lane ballistas are really good for most lanes including frostys

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@concrete_fish quote:

-snip-

Don't the elemental servos attunes your physical defenses into magical damage defenses? As elementals are magical damage.

Damn your right, Must have changed something, when i tested a month or so ago it came back as still physical in my tests and ingame, havnt bothered to check since. 

the fire dmg must be doing work tho because i never have any issues

maybe the resist magic is resist 50% magic dmg and fire is x2 so just cancels out.

@concrete_fish quote:

<snip>

maybe the resist magic is resist 50% magic dmg and fire is x2 so just cancels out.

Actually this is an extremely interesting point. Shout out to the community, does anyone have (even somewhat) precise number on the effect of Spellbreaker, Armored, Maximum Effort, etc.

• How much damage from a particular source does it reduce/increase? Is it percentage or fixed amounts per floor (or both o.0 or mob-specific)?
  • How much extra HP does it give mobs (fixed, percentage, mob-specific, etc.)?

Cheers.

@malf quote:
@concrete_fish quote:

<snip>

Actually this is an extremely interesting point. Shout out to the community, does anyone have (even somewhat) precise number on the effect of Spellbreaker, Armored, Maximum Effort, etc.

• How much damage from a particular source does it reduce/increase? Is it percentage or fixed amounts per floor (or both o.0 or mob-specific)?
  • How much extra HP does it give mobs (fixed, percentage, mob-specific, etc.)?

Cheers.

In the old days the magic and physical resists of Nightmare were 75%. That would be my best guess.

I wish someone had the math, or that TE would share actual numbers with us. Ah well...

I might look into running a test on floor 22 a few times to suss out the formulas. I'm just someone that prefers being able to Math out these things over the Trial-and-Error methodology :)

I'm pretty sure I heard Juicebags talk about resist number and stuff on his stream a week ago.

@malf quote:

I wish someone had the math, or that TE would share actual numbers with us. Ah well...

I might look into running a test on floor 22 a few times to suss out the formulas. I'm just someone that prefers being able to Math out these things over the Trial-and-Error methodology :)

I would just reroll the map if you get a lane like that while resetting.

Otherwise go with hard physical dmg like cannons. In my experience at floors past 40ish with reset 6/10 medallions the fire dmg gets reduced to much by spellbreaker even with the 2x dmg. 

@playertt quote:

@024noi quote:

When your on ap reset grinding it costs to much to keep that many defenses i barely can keep 3 defenses and my one dps character also upgradeing gear back up is to high or grinding to much 

I'm on the ap grind. I use what gear i find and yellow disposable mods. Farming gear and mods costs nothing but medals to tinker with. I can't see how u do onslaught with 2 or three defences. Hell i have multiple versions of some defences to make different situations easier. 

That gives me a good idea. Think i will burn 1 whole hero slot just to make a specialized Roller killer def. Especially with the new boss waves. May not be a bad idea to make an ogre killer too, for our new cannon friends 😉  Currently i have my LSA setup as a general boss killer, and it works good, but i like this spec. boss def idea. I already have a set of frosty def, so shame on me for not taking that idea further LOL. 

As to frosty- you can put both fire and anti-frost mods on the same def, i use the ramster, not even including frost-boom, which i throw into an fire aura at the spawn point. Boost aura to slow them too. With all that extra, the mag resistance is normally never an issue for me. I'd throw one cannon or bee down for good measure if worried. 

Jaws what would you use to create an anti roller defense?

The most effective defenses I find are either cannon or PDT aimed at the back but it's not always possible to get the weak point (especially in the temple).

The last high roller lane I tried to hold down with PDT failed due to them bunching up in a traffic jam so they actually protected each other's weak point lol.

@Defenso quote:

Jaws what would you use to create an anti roller defense?

The most effective defenses I find are either cannon or PDT aimed at the back but it's not always possible to get the weak point (especially in the temple).

The last high roller lane I tried to hold down with PDT failed due to them bunching up in a traffic jam so they actually protected each other's weak point lol.

Great question. One i have wrestled with in the past, and why i never bothered to setup anything for these guys. For all intents and purposes that i can gather, the SR was made to counter AFKing, and TE wanted it to be a DPS countered boss mostly. My Barb just rips through them so easily. That is also why most Def just suck against it. However, MODs i think have assisted us in this fight. Adding Anti-Goblin and Anti-Miniboss MODs will jack up the damage to them. I need to test this theory, but i also think the Piercing MOD also helps. I forget if they are considered melee or ranged - but can add that MOD too. May take more than 1 specialized Def to make it all work. 

Towers i I have seen others post that they use to damage them include - PDTs, CBs, Mystic Snake, and the fire attack from the Obelisk. Combined with that, lay down a PB or Ice tower to slow them down, and maybe add Miniboss-Boom to them for some extra fun when one dies. Cb's have been my go-to in the past when i try this, but i have had limited success. Mostly though, i have tried using my Def setup for normal play to do this, but i am theorizing that a Def fully dedicated to only SR's, may be more effective. Doesn't mean that i am right on any level though... At least it's something to do and test. I'll try a special CB combined with a PB for a High Roller lane. One last thought - one way i counter SRs - place multiple high HP walls in front of it, linearly. It takes them time to kill each one, and that gives you time to come over and DPS them away if you have to, or time for my special CBs to do their job. I could create my own bottleneck to hold them so that my CB is aimed right (in theory). 

Of course the factors you cannot control - layout of level allowing tower placement, and DU leftover to afford making this setup. From the sounds of it, and the way all MODs have been going, TE really needs to make like a Huntress Trap MOD that is made for SRs. Like a Geyser Trap MOD that does 3X Damage to SRs and stuns them, or something, ooh, i would love a MOD that makes them turn around and go the opposite direction for like 30 sec. or one that confuses them and their rockets attack other enemies. Sounds fun. 

Cannons with anti mini boss, boss boom is your friend. If they bunch up the ones in back boom and finish off one in front of it. Also i don't use stalls or stuns so they are less likely  to bunch up in the first place. 2 fatty cannons for most and 4 if armored. The issue for me was all the missiles following me around wrecking any tower i go near. Now i just fly around as dryad and avoid going where the missiles can do any collateral damage. 

@raiden7447 quote:

Any ideas?

Like mentioned by many others, the double damage from fire is greater then the magic resist. However, never hurts to add some physical in there. I personally like a fissure stack with some boom boom in the back from heavy cannonballs. Good luck!

I made some anti orc, anti frost, frost boom bees for magic resist frost lanes and do a fissure stack like juice said