So onslaught is now for only power hungry players?

Am stuck on floor 69 (lost temple) for more than a week now. It's not like I don't have good equipment, I do but something always goes wrong especially with these frosty enemies. Sometimes i make it to boss wave and rebuild with boss killer builds yet something must go wrong pfff. You guys have made the lost temple maps so hard that it doesn't even make sense anymore. You must have perfect gear and mods to complete it which have almost 0% chance of dropping.  Well am not in for this unnecessary and ridiculous grind fest. This is just pure frustration and really no worth it. Am quitting, hopefully trendy will figure out how to make this game fun and not punishment.

Not many people have reached the omega boss levels yet but the forums are full of complaints about them from those that have.  I wonder if Trendy have ever tried to do the AP grind with these omega boss levels?  The boss levels feel totally like a lottery.  From the pathing issues, the teleporting boss issues and just so much ground to cover that some boss combinations just give you no chance.  Then it's 25 minutes getting back for another chance at the lottery.

We've suggested things they could change but they just don't seem interested. If they can't implement replay then have the boss level as a separate one wave level after lost temple.  That way we can do just the boss level and replay it until we get the lucky combination.  It would reduce the frustration immensely.

It's also been suggested that you "win" the map after 5 levels and the 6th level is a bonus level for extra loot or something.

I'm hoping they do something before we all quit.

Not at omega waves yet but the lost temple has never been fun to me. The lost temple should just be one wave, every 5th floor, with the boss rush, so it doesn't interrupt the flow of the onslaught grind. It seriously feels like you spend more time on lost temple than the other 4 maps combined.

The Lost Temole Map is hard, You need good mods-  Shatterquake - Shock rev - Anti Frost on Ramsters.

My suggestion is to at least have something be C8 Level too Help. 

I’ve gotten stuck on 84 Only now too be on 114.  Gotta keep trying or Re- rolling to get multiple lanes in one section.

The Problem I have been having is the Lag, it’ gets really laggy and if a lame does faulter , I can’t get over there. 

@Scorpion449 quote:

Am stuck on floor 69 (lost temple) for more than a week now. It's not like I don't have good equipment, I do but something always goes wrong especially with these frosty enemies. Sometimes i make it to boss wave and rebuild with boss killer builds yet something must go wrong pfff. You guys have made the lost temple maps so hard that it doesn't even make sense anymore. You must have perfect gear and mods to complete it which have almost 0% chance of dropping.  Well am not in for this necessary and ridiculous grind fest. This is just pure frustration and really no worth it. Am quitting, hopefully trendy will figure out how to make this game fun and not punishment.

I think omega waves are fine in general . You don't need max anything especially not at floor 69. Omega waves are different from the regular waves and require a different strategy and thought process. 

The problem really comes down to bugs and really bad boss combinations destroying an hour worth of work.

I think if trendy managed to get the replay feature to work on lost temple it would be a big step towards reducing the grief.

I honestly find these boss waves easy but what I find challenging is getting to the boss wave.

It's really weird the sixth supposed challenge wave is easier than the first 5 waves.

@gcstephen13 quote:

The Lost Temole Map is hard, You need good mods-  Shatterquake - Shock rev - Anti Frost on Ramsters.

My suggestion is to at least have something be C8 Level too Help. 

I’ve gotten stuck on 84 Only now too be on 114.  Gotta keep trying or Re- rolling to get multiple lanes in one section.

The Problem I have been having is the Lag, it’ gets really laggy and if a lame does faulter , I can’t get over there. 

@Scorpion449 quote:

Am stuck on floor 69 (lost temple) for more than a week now. It's not like I don't have good equipment, I do but something always goes wrong especially with these frosty enemies. Sometimes i make it to boss wave and rebuild with boss killer builds yet something must go wrong pfff. You guys have made the lost temple maps so hard that it doesn't even make sense anymore. You must have perfect gear and mods to complete it which have almost 0% chance of dropping.  Well am not in for this necessary and ridiculous grind fest. This is just pure frustration and really no worth it. Am quitting, hopefully trendy will figure out how to make this game fun and not punishment.

You thin I don't have these mods? I do some of them are even green. I even reroll most times till i get very easy lanes, then when I make it to boss wave, everything just fails. Is this what a game should be? frustration? even if i finally pass this floor 69, what about the floors beyond?

@Faking quote:

Not many people have reached the omega boss levels yet but the forums are full of complaints about them from those that have.  I wonder if Trendy have ever tried to do the AP grind with these omega boss levels?  The boss levels feel totally like a lottery.  From the pathing issues, the teleporting boss issues and just so much ground to cover that some boss combinations just give you no chance.  Then it's 25 minutes getting back for another chance at the lottery.

We've suggested things they could change but they just don't seem interested. If they can't implement replay then have the boss level as a separate one wave level after lost temple.  That way we can do just the boss level and replay it until we get the lucky combination.  It would reduce the frustration immensely.

It's also been suggested that you "win" the map after 5 levels and the 6th level is a bonus level for extra loot or something.

I'm hoping they do something before we all quit.

Considering how little loot you get in Onslaught, that sounds like a good idea. It always sounded like a "Bonus Wave" and not a "You fail if you don't beat this wave".

Agree something needs to be done about the temple map. Its super frustrating as it is right now and not fun. I just don't understand Trendys reluctant to do anything about it?

I was having issues as well. Which sux cuz i used to love this map. Was different each time i played. After getting stuck on 59 for a couple of days i figured out what was needed to win. Which spawns had pathing issues, which heroes to use to kill which boss, etc. High rollers was the hard one to figure out. Now that i've adapted, it's really not an issue anymore. I'm on the AP grind so am using what ever gear i find and disposable yellow mods. Rather than complain till it gets fixed, adapt to the situation. Lots of people are getting past floor 100 so it is possible. 

@024noi quote:

High rollers was the hard one to figure out. Now that i've adapted, it's really not an issue anymore.

I'd be interested in your strategy for High Rollers?

I gather the answer is to bunch them up with a Frosty or Proton beam or something. That never seems to quite work for me though. I want to take out the lead roller obviously, but end up being mullered by the ones behind! :/

If it's a lane that you can place a tower on a good place behind the roller I usually put down a pdt and a canon. Otherwise I put down a proton beam to stall the rollers to a almost full stop, works great and kill em last. 

Love to hear how others deal with em :)

@Temrael quote:
@024noi quote:

High rollers was the hard one to figure out. Now that i've adapted, it's really not an issue anymore.

I gather the answer is to bunch them up with a Frosty or Proton beam or something. That never seems to quite work for me though. I want to take out the lead roller obviously, but end up being mullered by the ones behind! :/

@Temrael quote:

Flamethowers right next the spawn, or if there is a turn where ever the roller would eventually face its butt. Close enough to be right next to them but not in their path. Proton down the middle but started far enough away to let the roller gets its butt in the attack area of the FT. Frosty or two to slow even more and trigger CB if they get that. The lane you will want to reroll is Unstoppable.

For high rollers I can get away with 2 cannon ball towers up to 5 cannonball towers but that all depends on the mutators for example spell breaker with phased is nice and easy and I only use 2 cannonball towers but if I get armoured and any other nasty mutate I will use 5 cannonball towers

High rollers is actually one of my favourite lanes because I know I can safely leave the lane for the entire match.

@Temrael quote:
@024noi quote:

I also use cannons but no stall. I don't want them to bunch up as rollers in back block the cannon fire so the front one some times gets through. The problem i was having was all the missiles flying around would wreck any tower i was close to or between me and the rollers. To prevent this i just fly around as dryad and try to avoid flying where missiles would do any collateral damage. Behind a column or out cropping is best to duck behind to deflect incoming fire. 

Thanks guys, I always seem to get High Roller on really short lanes where there's no good place to position defenses behind them. :o/

I've been stuck on Floor 54 for a while but I seemed to do a better last night by focusing on my Earthshatter towers for most lanes (they really do seem to be devastating with the mods and shards I have on them now).

Onwards and upwards! :o)

Hey there,

Well i am kinda a returned player for real  (maybe after quit 3 or so? ). I like new system of onslaught. You can get higher stats with AP reset. Since i am a returned player i dont have any gilded shards or max mods like defense rate on my gears.

I am at floor 84 and i kept failling due to my ignorence only. I accept that there are some bugs but we hope it will be fixed soon.

About how to build for levels, well for each single wave, omega included, check your build and tier upgrades accordignly.

I am losing at omega atm because i ignored How Yeti can be  pain.

I have only 1 AP and that is not an issue.

A little suggestion: After kept failling i went to mastery grind a bit. I saw how wrong i built when i fail on maps.

Its up to you to defend :)

[[40452,users]] With no replay from wave and add to that all bugs on temple map, it gets very frustrating and frustrating is not fun!  It needs to be fixed.

@acro quote:

Hey there,

Well i am kinda a returned player for real  (maybe after quit 3 or so? ). I like new system of onslaught. You can get higher stats with AP reset. Since i am a returned player i dont have any gilded shards or max mods like defense rate on my gears.

I am at floor 84 and i kept failling due to my ignorence only. I accept that there are some bugs but we hope it will be fixed soon.

About how to build for levels, well for each single wave, omega included, check your build and tier upgrades accordignly.

A little suggestion: After kept failling i went to mastery grind a bit. I saw how wrong i built when i fail on maps.

I agree (and I feel like most people complaining here do too) that failures in most cases are due to incorrect defense strategies. The point a lot of us are trying to make, is that the frustration of having to start the floor from scratch is beyond the frustration threshold for most of us. Especially with the addition of the recent feature available in the other maps, the amount of frustration felt when we need to start the map from the beginning is $#@$ :) ...

I don't think (I could be wrong), that anyone is asking for the mobs/bosses/waves to be nerfed in any way. We would just enjoy the game more if:

• Bugs with pathing are resolved.
  • Bugs with certain bosses ignoring certain defenses is resolved (Gorbstruck & Cannon Ogre especially).
  • Having to restart from Wave 1 with none of the defenses built is reconsidered. Either by having it work exactly like the other maps, or even some interim workaround that is LESS frustrating than the current implementation.

Once again, do NOT nerf the actual mobs/bosses/waves.

@malf quote:
@acro quote:

Hey there,

I agree (and I feel like most people complaining here do too) that failures in most cases are due to incorrect defense strategies. The point a lot of us are trying to make, is that the frustration of having to start the floor from scratch is beyond the frustration threshold for most of us. Especially with the addition of the recent feature available in the other maps, the amount of frustration felt when we need to start the map from the beginning is $#@$ :) ...

I don't think (I could be wrong), that anyone is asking for the mobs/bosses/waves to be nerfed in any way. We would just enjoy the game more if:

• Bugs with pathing are resolved.
  • Bugs with certain bosses ignoring certain defenses is resolved (Gorbstruck & Cannon Ogre especially).
  • Having to restart from Wave 1 with none of the defenses built is reconsidered. Either by having it work exactly like the other maps, or even some interim workaround that is LESS frustrating than the current implementation.

Once again, do NOT nerf the actual mobs/bosses/waves.

Nobody is asking for boss or enemy nerf. My point here is that since onslaught difficulty now scales quickly, they should increase the drop rate of perfect mods and shards. Its really boring grinding c7 maps in hopes to find perfect mods. Or stop resetting gear back to campaign level after ap reset, the grind is already too much. Its either they increase the amount of plain motes that drop or stop resetting items entirely the grind is just too much for some people.

@Scorpion449 quote:

Nobody is asking for boss or enemy nerf. My point here is that since onslaught difficulty now scales quickly, they should increase the drop rate of perfect mods and shards. Its really boring grinding c7 maps in hopes to find perfect mods. Or stop resetting gear back to campaign level after ap reset, the grind is already too much. Its either they increase the amount of plain motes that drop or stop resetting items entirely the grind is just too much for some people.

Agree to the no nerfs :).

Not sure about the Grind. Whilst the grind can be frustrating, especially when resetting, I'm not sure it's in TEs interest to alleviate aspects of the Grind. Don't get me wrong, I too would love to simplify the 'grind', but that's for QoL improvements, IMHO. Would love to be wrong in my assumption and to hear TE sharing changes that make the grind less painful but i'm not holding my breath for it and can live with the current state as long as the Bugs and Lost Temple replay changes are addressed.

//2cents

I've stopped farming for perfects mods as it's quite tedious. So I've realized that's just side rewards for playing the game which led me to be cool on this.

As for shards....I'd still wish to be able to craft shards. Even with medals to buy those packs, I would like something to work towards to for gilding rather than depending on pure rng. 

While shard gilding can be considered side rewards same as mods. However, when you want to work towards something, that's another thing. When you want to have a specific build for gearing, you can have lower quality mods that you'll find easily as placeholders and obtained higher quality mods through trading. While as for shards, again, you know you'll have a wall of RNG to go through.

As for Lost Temple, I can live without replay wave. But, though I have not experience Omega Wave yet, I and I'm sure many people would want, that wave and the regular separated. By  the sound of it, Omega Wave does sound scary. And also I think it can be expanded upon more as a bonus wave.

This game is all about the grind. If every thing you wanted were easy and quick to obtain, there would be no reason to continue playing. In regards to replay, trendy all ready stated it's not coming to temple. Something about memory issues. Your beating a dead horse. Be grateful it's now only 1 map u have to repeat. My first 16 resets or so we had 3 map floors with no replay at all on any map and if u lost on temple u had to replay all three maps. We got it easy now aside from the bugs and glitches.

I love the Omega waves :)

I'm stuck on Floor 69 too, for a few days anyway, but I only play an hour a day. Its nice to have a new challenge, something to think about. That moment when it all goes tits up on Wave 6 is really frustrating, but we can't have it all ways, the new content is coming quickly, they listen to our comments. Give them a break :)

We've had Cannon Ogre's, Pirates, High Roller Lanes (love these!), Omega Waves, new maps.... yeah there's always more, I could write a list as long as my arm, but its still pretty awesome imo.