Talent Cap Question

I may finally be giving in and resetting (still TBC!). The only point as far as I can see is for the talent caps.

Apparently it tells me I have 174 caps, how are these distributed? I presume with a standard hero its split 3 ways bewteen the 3 groups (so roughly 60 each in my case)? But then how are they split between the various things within each group?

For example:

Huntress, middle grouping:

PDT damage, default 140 cap

Defense Rate,  20 cap

With 60 points, what is attributed to each?

If you go to Mananode and it says +200 Talent Caps ... than you have 200 to each category ... it's NOT distributed (or divided in 3)

OK thanks, so in that case I have +174 for each category. How is that 174 distributed among the options? I'm assuming I can't just put all 174 into Defense Speed, for example :)

:) Yes, only Damage bonuses go to a MAX of 999 .... (Hero Health, Hero Damage included) Emoji_Apprentice.png

But Defence Speed, Movement, Range Gambit, Critical Chance, World Tree Healing, Anger (Barbarian), ... all these will stay at 20, even Sky Guard Tower Slow Rate ... all Talents with 20 or 50 will stay this way.

@bfgeleven quote:

OK thanks, so in that case I have +174 for each category. How is that 174 distributed among the options? I'm assuming I can't just put all 174 into Defense Speed, for example :)

it just adds whatever your +talent cap is to every category that isn't already capd at 20.   Its not divided in any way, it just adds that number to every talent that it can be applied to.

The following images (if i posted them correctly) should help to clarify it for you...

Picture 1: shows the +talent cap

JtdArcP.jpg

Picture 2: Shows the effect of the +talent cap

N1p0fH0.jpg

Thank you all.

One last question. So if I add 174 caps onto my 140 basic to make 314 points, and I revert down from asc800 to about 300. Do I then have to grind all the way up to like Asc 1000 just be able to use them all?

Yes with 314 you top out most heroes at ascension 942, some heroes will have overspill way before that.