Sign in to follow this  
Nigiri_Toro

Too much Junk (Mods)

The issues here are the 10 tier quality system for mods, the extreme rarity of green mods, and the diluted pool of mods.

The 10 tier quality system. This system is just clutter with no real difference between dark red and light orange for any mod (thats 4 tiers). this expands the loot pool by a lot without adding anything meaningful. Anything within these 4 tiers is essentially the same. 

The next block of quality would be yellow through yellowish green. Again all of these tiers are essentially the same value with no real scaling difference.

We then have light green through dark green, this tier starts to have a slight difference but still nowhere near the jump of the final tier, perfect 10/10 green.

This is a system of trash loot, to the point that when sorting through 8 bags of gear its still suprising to find 1 good quality mod.

SUGGESTION: 5 tier system. 

Combine red through light orange into the new Red quality. (1-3 quality)

Combine dark orange through  yellow into the new orange quality. (4-5 quality)

Combine yellowish green and light green into yellow quality. (6-7 quality)

Dark green into the new green quality (8-9 quality)

Perfect green into the dark green (or new color for perfect like blue) (10 quality)

5 tiers instead of 10, takes confusion out of the system, no half bars, removes tiers that are essentially the same and helps undilute the loot system with too much junk.

The current system is a mess, this is just one possible solution, would love to hear others.

@Fozzie quote:

How about not using colours at all, for all Trendy's colour blind players.Emoji_LightningBug.png

As a colorblind player, I couldn't agree more! 

Could not agree more, the other day I got a C4 tenacity mod drop that was 1 bar off full ( again colour blind here so not sure on the colour scale !)

After upgrading it to C7 it was really disappointing to see it was only 49.5 reduction considering my current 2 bar mod is 42 that is a rubbish increase for 2 bars of supposed 'quality'. 

The range is 39 to 95 so this mod should sitting in the mid 60s at the minimum surely. 

Would be nice if gear with high powered MODS could have some sort of flash on it (like a shiny pokemon) so I could trash all gear quickly again rather than inspect each mod especially now that I know the difference between 1 and one off top is so miniscule it's not worth upgrading most unless you hit a wall in onslaught and need power creep maybe. 

@Defenso quote:

Could not agree more, the other day I got a C4 tenacity mod drop that was 1 bar off full ( again colour blind here so not sure on the colour scale !)

After upgrading it to C7 it was really disappointing to see it was only 49.5 reduction considering my current 2 bar mod is 42 that is a rubbish increase for 2 bars of supposed 'quality'. 

The range is 39 to 95 so this mod should sitting in the mid 60s at the minimum surely. 

Would be nice if gear with high powered MODS could have some sort of flash on it (like a shiny pokemon) so I could trash all gear quickly again rather than inspect each mod especially now that I know the difference between 1 and one off top is so miniscule it's not worth upgrading most unless you hit a wall in onslaught and need power creep maybe. 

I like the idea of having some way to identify high rolled mod gear. A sort by mod quality would be amazing in QOL

its get boring going-over all pages to see if you've gotten a good mod so would be nice to have a way to have mods sorted 

@Defenso quote:

Yeah the constant inspecting of every single piece, just incase it has a green MOD is really getting tedious.

Gotta agree.  Hope Trendy improves this.  Playing Inventory Simulator is bad enough with only shards and good gear rolls was bad.  Dealing with the flood of awful Mods, in hopes of getting a 9/10 or 10/10 roll, is tedious.  

Adding to that, I hate how the system was implemented in the first place.  The increasing rarity for high level mods 100% makes sense, but adding the increasing quality between ranks makes everything 1-7 essentially equivalent.  I genuinely don't understand why they thought anyone would enjoy this, just make it the same difference between all ranks.  A 10/10 green will still be very nearly as valuable because everyone wants BIS.

Just got dd2 on pc and found out I only get ONE BAG???? WHY??? I played on ps4 during the paid beta and we had 3 bags and even then I was struggling to manage my bag space. Now I only have ONE?!? Have you even played through the game with one bag?? With all the new materials, items and shards you should be GIVING us free bag space not limiting it even lower. This is one of the worst player friendly games for beginners that I have ever played. I know you need money and all but there is so many other free games that you can played for many hours don’t force you to pay real money. At least let us use medals to buy more bags even if it a high amount. Okay my rant is over. Fix your game before it dies for good. 

for what reasons did the 10/10 mods stop dropping? makes more of month that does not fall any more mod 10/10. anyone with this same problem? or do you have any specific techniques?

@ufolouco quote:

for what reasons did the 10/10 mods stop dropping? makes more of month that does not fall any more mod 10/10. anyone with this same problem? or do you have any specific techniques?

They didn't stop doping.   I haven't bothered to find the specific drop rates, but I generally find one every 45-50 maps.

I like these ideas and inventory management is annoying and takes time away from the grind itself, being able to have them sorted from highest mods first to least would be great while tinkering your items cause you know all your best stuff will be what you look through first.

@Slugger13579 quote:

Just got dd2 on pc and found out I only get ONE BAG???? WHY??? I played on ps4 during the paid beta and we had 3 bags and even then I was struggling to manage my bag space. Now I only have ONE?!? Have you even played through the game with one bag?? With all the new materials, items and shards you should be GIVING us free bag space not limiting it even lower. This is one of the worst player friendly games for beginners that I have ever played. I know you need money and all but there is so many other free games that you can played for many hours don’t force you to pay real money. At least let us use medals to buy more bags even if it a high amount. Okay my rant is over. Fix your game before it dies for good. 

Two of my gaming friends not only quit DD2, they also uninstalled it for good because of this bag space issue. It's like "Inventory Management Defenders" rather than DD2.  Regarding Nigiri_Toro's OP (Original Post), It would be nice to be able to upgrade Mods to max.  Knowing my RNG (Random number generator) luck, I'll never get a perfect Mod that I want.    My 8/10 or 9/10 tenacity does 70% reduction, huge difference from 95%.  

i agree, need more difference between mod tiers instead of all of them being pretty much the same number with the last tier being a huge jump in difference. Make the tiers more balanced and spread out please.

@Jojozityjo quote:

i agree, need more difference between mod tiers instead of all of them being pretty much the same number with the last tier being a huge jump in difference. Make the tiers more balanced and spread out please.

agree with this. Also less tiers in general so we get less trash loot and less wieghted drops so High tier isnt anywhere near as rare as it is now.