Sign in to follow this  
Mr. StrangerDanger

Farming Shards

Trendy,

It's a HUGE grind to get 11 destruction shards to be able to craft a gilded destruction shard. if you have C7 gear, it's really not enjoyable to farm C1 for hours and hours a day.

1. You don't get C7 gear

2. If you get any good MOD, you have to spend millions and several mats to get it up to it's max performance.

3. It takes a long time to run through a C1 map without a challenge. It's really really boring. 

So what could be a solution? 

1. We could implement a system where you can select which (extra) Chaos shard drops you want. For example, it would allow you to select two other chaos level shards before you enter the map. So if you selected shards for Chaos 2 and 5, you would then receive C2, C5, and C7 shards if you finish a C7 expedition. 

2. You could allow for a player to collect 10 shard dusts and allow the user to select which shard he wants (10 chaos dust for the same chaos shard). 

I feel like this can be a thing... Just need to believe :) 

Sounds fine to me. Farming low level maps for materials is a huge problem. And although I don't think that you should be able to trade shard dust for specific shards, I do think that you should be able to use a chunk of shard dust in place of shards for the purpose of gilding. I actually made a suggestion to that effect, that a player should be able to use 10 shard dust per shard needed for gilding, up to a maximum of 50 shard dust per shard gilded. It would make gilding the few C7 shards much more feasible, considering you can't get C7 shard packs.

Gilding with shard dust is the most common sense solution there is.

I'd be happy paying anywhere from 30-50 dust to be honest.

For the answer to your 2. There is a quicker way to get that Mod to C7 level.

So for example, if you get a Def Rate 10/10 mod on C1 gear. Trade that C1 Mod onto C6 gear then upgrade the C6 Gear into C7 and that mod will become C7.

@Martin Arcainess quote:

So for example, if you get a Def Rate 10/10 mod on C1 gear. Trade that C1 Mod onto C6 gear then upgrade the C6 Gear into C7 and that mod will become C7.

That C1 mod will then be C2.

@Martin Arcainess quote:

Mods don't level to the gear they are moved to.... they move over at their current level.... so in your example I would have a C7 item with a C2 mod on it (C1 mod with +1 natural progression upgrade performed when C6 was upgraded to C7).  Mods must be leveled naturally in order to be upgraded and used on higher chaos level gear at that higher level.

I  totally agree, i've spent 2 hours trying to get a rate shard, and nothing good came. My friend got 0 rate shards and 3,000 defender medals just from farming gates of dragonfall on chaos 4! 3,000 medals from 0 daily missions complete, I add.

i agree here as well, also new players are leeching from high level players doing low level maps.

how are new players able to progress naturally and knowing the game step by step if they dont even build themself because high level players want a higher loot rate and farm  mods and shards? They just leech, get higher gear and possibly know nothing of that difficulty and wonder why they die in the next one or the next after that one

I too would love to see some kind of change to this system. I think 10 dust might be a little low, 50 or 75 dust to select the correct shard would feel closer to the right number to me. I think another suggestion that would help this system a lot is add destruction to c2 as well as c1, add deadly strikes to c5 as well as c3 and add defense range to c4 and c6 so you can farm any crafting mat you might need as well as the gilded shard. This would make the farming feel a lot more fluid to me.

@Flashtzu quote:

I too would love to see some kind of change to this system. I think 10 dust might be a little low, 50 or 75 dust to select the correct shard would feel closer to the right number to me. I think another suggestion that would help this system a lot is add destruction to c2 as well as c1, add deadly strikes to c5 as well as c3 and add defense range to c4 and c6 so you can farm any crafting mat you might need as well as the gilded shard. This would make the farming feel a lot more fluid to me.

Oh!! Good suggestion! I like that the 'general' tower defense shards should be added in multiple Chaos levels. It honestly sucks to have to farm C1 and all the mods that drop are basically useless to sell unless they are 10/10 shocking, tenacity and maybe defense range/rate. As those are only worth upgrading to C7

Thinking a little more about it I would like to change my answer to 

C1 Destro

C2 Defense Rate

C3 Deadly

--------------------------

C4 Defense Rate

C5 Destro or Deadly

C6 Destro or Deadly

That way you can farm plain motes and gilded shards or shiny motes any gilded shards

What if you could choose between hero and defense shards when crafting from dust?

This would probably eliminate a lot of issues with rate/destro/deadly shards. Mostly due to over-saturation of hero shards in every table...

Yes! this is a good idea. It is super hard to get the "deadly strikes" shard, at that just one of them. and if you need 10 to guild a shard, thats like if you have 4 defenses you need it on, you need like 44 deadly strikes shards. thats like bare minimum 44 games in c3 if your super lucky and get defense range every time. 

@Mr. StrangerDanger quote:

1. We could implement a system where you can select which (extra) Chaos shard drops you want. For example, it would allow you to select two other chaos level shards before you enter the map. So if you selected shards for Chaos 2 and 5, you would then receive C2, C5, and C7 shards if you finish a C7 expedition. 

Great idea! But, what bothers me here is expeditions wouldn't feel right with this feature, but maybe a new harder mode would work. A mode with enemies a higher level than normal, but you get to pick your shard rewards.

A good solution would probably be to restrict the lower tier Chaos levels to certain shards, then make some kind of choice of 3 different tier shards that should be dropped at Chaos 7. Instead of spreading out everywhere, not making the game enjoyable and overall just boring due to the hours and hours of farming to gain 1 shard and nothing more. Which you then get 11 of them which makes 1 gilded shard. 

Or you know just "Send next wave" button like most Tower Defense games. This would solve 70% of the grinds problems ( the other 30% being inventory management and shards). You send all five waves at the same time and boom done in 3 minutes instead of 15. Just raise the mobs damage and hp by x% per wave sent out of turn.