Sign in to follow this  
mordyo

With mastery disabled lets move the hyper shards to Onslaught.

Personally lets me start off by saying I never really liked mastery. Personal opinion of course.  However since it's down maybe try moving them behind onslaught floor locks. 

7 Hyper shards so maybe lock them behind every 10 floors say floor 30 to 100

personally not gotten very far in onslaught since the expansion release so maybe getting to floor 100 may be a bigger challenge then what the shard is worth, however it can always be tweaked.

I only suggest this because well 1). Mastery is down & 2). I Never liked being advised or told how to play a map to beat it for a reward.

What do you guys think?

Although it would be nice to have some item progression type of bonus from onslaught, placing the hyper shards in onslaught would likely only result in balance problems.   Fore example, if you place them too early then onslaught becomes trivial fora  lot of new players and if you place them too lane onslaught becomes impossible (for many players) unless they grind a whole lot of ascension.  

In my opinion, Mastery (though annoying at times) is a good stepping stone on they way to late game onslaught.   The reason is that it forces players to use different towers and learn about good tower placement.   In other words, mastery functions to teach newer players what they need to do in order to push onslaught and start thinking about tower placement as opposed to just spamming one tower type.