Sign in to follow this  
NeckeD

Warnings where it matters

Hello, I'm new to the forums but not to the game.

You might find this funny, but I accidentally upgraded a relic to C8, yes - accidentally.

you might be wondering "wat? ,WHAT?!". well, I just did my second reset and I was upgrading this one relic to carry me a bit through the lower onslaught floors. I was clicking my mouse like a maniac, no regard for materials or gold, but then I came to a halt when I was out of materials, and then I saw it - Chaos. freaking. VIII.

I forgot I had my single C8 amp in my inventory and didn't notice when I got the relic to C7.

What I am saying here is... please put a warning message where it matters.

I mean, we get a warning message when we are selling off a bag with items, and even have to wait 3 seconds to do so, but not when using an extremely rare material? I even get a message when I try to sell ay type of material! even a single Plain Iron Hammer! What kind of logic is that?

I know people will say "it's your fault for not noticing", well it partially is, but come on, it takes forever to find a single C8 amp and Trendy just let's you use it with no warning. For C7 and below there is no problem since you can farm it like crazy, but man, those C8 amp.

TLDR - Put up a warning message when upgrading a piece of equipment to C8

Also - keep the warning in onslaught when a new lane opens, sometimes people miss it because it shows for like 10 seconds and that's it

No thanks, hopefully lesson learned here and move on. We have enough meaningless warnings in the game, the most meaningless is the 3 second sell timer since we have a tab where you can buy back items now. On the flip side we have enough meaningless windows like the one when you open shards that you have to hit enter or click okay making opening a bag of shards a day long event. Worst part is you cant even dust them while closed so the only way to get rid of them is to open them or not loot them.

@Exglint quote:

No thanks, hopefully lesson learned here and move on. We have enough meaningless warnings in the game, the most meaningless is the 3 second sell timer since we have a tab where you can buy back items now. On the flip side we have enough meaningless windows like the one when you open shards that you have to hit enter or click okay making opening a bag of shards a day long event. Worst part is you cant even dust them while closed so the only way to get rid of them is to open them or not loot them.

That's why I'm saying "Where it matters", if you don't want warnings you can click the "don't show this message anymore", and that's fine, but to not have it at all, or have it for useless stuff like selling motes is the problem.

I am not saying "Oh Trendy, please please add more pop up windows telling me that I am about to do something straightforward and that those windows' entire existence is just to show you can create pop up windows".

C8 upgrade is NOT a simple thing, mainly due to the rarity of the amps. If you don't want that window, fine, just make it go away completely, but people DO need to see a warning here and there, otherwise they might do stupid things (pointing at the top of the thread). I know I would be happy if I had a warning for selling a 8/10+ mod (if I missed it while I was going through the inventory) or when I was about to use a very rare material

@NeckeD quote:

If you don't want that window, fine, just make it go away completely

I would agree with that, except when you record how many things there are in the game that steal focus away from the game, if they did add this then there is a really good chance it wont have a checkbox to disable it. Just like the 3 second sell timer, the shard opening, map winning taking actions away from heroes, cutscenes (which btw have a disable box in the options menu that still doesnt disable some cutscenes), bonus shards and flair award notifications. Truth be told there are already too many things that come up that take away focus and until recently social interactions also did this. Only one time is this used in any way correctly and it is in a spot it definitely should be. When you Ancient Power its asks if you are sure and that is the only one. 

Those who do make these mistakes should be grateful that Trendy tries, there are lots of games that do not have these protections, even DD1 didnt have these kinds of protections. I do think they are over doing it though and at some point you just have to let the players make those mistakes so they can learn from them. I accidentally sold a max rate 3 days after Protean Shift went live because I forgot to lock it and I changed how I went through my bags after. Lesson learned and it was an expensive one, but I have no one to blame for it except myself.

I agree with C8 upgrade warning. its not like you are upgrading to c8 that often so it would be fine, wouldnt even need a 3s timer just a yes no option i think would be nice