Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie

So when are we getting a replay option on the Temple map?

@Uchihia quote:

i just wish trendy would recognise implementing the very obvious before dropping major changes rather than putting people off and make them go through a roller coaster of frustration. 

#FrustrationIsNotFun    

So you would have been okay waiting several more months for one map floors? Among the many other changes that came with this patch. Because I dont believe many would agree.

@Exglint quote:

@Uchihia quote:

i just wish trendy would recognise implementing the very obvious before dropping major changes rather than putting people off and make them go through a roller coaster of frustration. 

#FrustrationIsNotFun    

So you would have been okay waiting several more months for one map floors? Among the many other changes that came with this patch. Because I dont believe many would agree.

whether many agree or not  i am no position to establish that ,  personally  i strongly believe on not playing a broken game which you spend your time just be frustrated. If it takes trendy “several more months” that’s an issue on trendy’s part. During design and testing phase most obvious features/issues  should of been picked up instantly and formulated a plan to address them ,rather than releasing and discouraging many of the community. It took community less than a handful of attempts to recognise many irksome shortcoming, how trendy missed them I have no idea. If you release a broken product and expect people to purchase without a promise of even fixing until the pitch forks are out , most likely they will move on and be completely deterred from ever coming back. You must understand not everyone looks to forums thus are  unaware of the monstrous fixes pending. 

@Temrael quote:
@Krro quote:I could very easily believe it is indeed just the game struggling to cope with all the actions of all those defenses on all those mobs during wave 5 of Temple. As a bit of a techy by trade, I'm amazed it does as well as it does given all the calculations of damage types of defenses, distances, mob vulnerabilities etc. etc.

Seen something similar, been running with the same build of cannons and fissures since before the barbs wrath update. Recently and only on lost temple have I noticed my cannons acting sluggish. Fire rate seems to be about half, as well as target acquisition is extreemly delayed. Managed a few video clips I'm working up. Mobs make it half way through my cannons excessive range (gilded deadly, max gambit and 9/10 mod) before the first shot is fired.

@Uchihia quote:

During design and testing phase most obvious features/issues  should of been picked up instantly and formulated a plan to address them ,rather than releasing and discouraging many of the community. It took community less than a handful of attempts to recognize many irksome shortcoming, how trendy missed them I have no idea. If you release a broken product and expect people to purchase without a promise of even fixing until the pitch forks are out , most likely they will move on and be completely deterred from ever coming back.

I believe this is an answer within itself. They had technical issues implementing a reply feature for Lost Temple, instead of letting it go with the patch they pulled it out to work on it until a day in which it could be implemented correctly, them recognizing something was broken. Thus if they had help the entire patch until it could be successfully implemented then we would have had to wait much longer to have stuff that was ready to be deployed.

Working on a game is like working on a new building, it takes time no matter how many people are on it and with an optimal number of people it can be completed as expected. We have a small team, it takes longer and things can be missed with less eyes working, and some challenges will take more time with less minds thinking. Though, there is a limit on how many people you can throw at a task before they get in each other's way or have nothing to do, so the opposite can have equally dangerous effects. If investors pull out then the only thing that is lost is the investor's time and money, because new investors will come and take their place. In this instance the players are the investors, you can calmly wait and hope all goes well and give your feedback with hope it helps or you can pull out and lose everything you spent time and money building here.

@Exglint quote:

I believe this is an answer within itself. They had technical issues implementing a reply feature for Lost Temple, instead of letting it go with the patch they pulled it out to work on it until a day in which it could be implemented correctly, them recognizing something was broken. Thus if they had help the entire patch until it could be successfully implemented then we would have had to wait much longer to have stuff that was ready to be deployed.

Working on a game is like working on a new building, it takes time no matter how many people are on it and with an optimal number of people it can be completed as expected. We have a small team, it takes longer and things can be missed with less eyes working, and some challenges will take more time with less minds thinking. Though, there is a limit on how many people you can throw at a task before they get in each other's way or have nothing to do, so the opposite can have equally dangerous effects. If investors pull out then the only thing that is lost is the investor's time and money, because new investors will come and take their place. In this instance the players are the investors, you can calmly wait and hope all goes well and give your feedback with hope it helps or you can pull out and lose everything you spent time and money building here.

it was not a technical issue, its a design flaw, like i keep reiterate my self when the temple or matter fact any onslaught map was conceptualised such a simple idea that would avoided irksome play should've been considered, i mean you think to yourself someone spends hour or so running  one floor (3maps) and loses at the end thus they need to restart, like come on you telling this was a bright idea and no -one  thought of the repercussions, you trying to say they created it blindly thinking people would actually enjoy this and had no contingency plans aside from telling us there was a technical issue. like ive said it not like this was a small issue or something some one can easily look pass, replay in general was the tyrannosaurs in the room that should've been noticed. My point being its understandable  when you come across bugs etc fair enough you get those but with obvious  features that should've been added is bewildering and borderline concerning. 

its like going to a restaurant where they have have given you incomplete meal without the utensils and all, you keep asking the waiter to bring the a spoon for the soup or a fork for the lasagne which would expect to receive but by the time they get back to you the food  is cold and you walk out the restaurant. People wont stick around for the frustration, die hard fans will always be there newbie will eventually leave once they release the painful shortcomings.....  i would rather have my food late and enjoy it thoroughly knowing the wait it well wroth it  

@Uchihia quote:

it was not a technical issue, its a design flaw

Please stop spreading false information. It was a technical issue when trying to get replay to work on that map, plain and simple. There's no argument to it.

:

Please stop spreading false information. It was a technical issue when trying to get replay to work on that map, plain and simple. There's no argument to it.

so you are saying that you guys where aware a replay button was needed when you designed the map but because of "technical issues"  you decided to release the map anyways since there is no correcting it  :/.... just a little confused    

The map has a special design compared to other maps and so it was hard to implement a replay. They agreed it was a technical issue that needed to be addressed and with tons of feedback of the community, they decided to actually fix the map sooner than was intended. But anyway, who cares... They are fixing it and listening to our feedback :) 

@Uchihia quote:

so you are saying that you guys where aware a replay button was needed when you designed the map but because of "technical issues"  you decided to release the map anyways since there is no correcting it  :/.... just a little confused    

emphasis mine.

Whilst I've been critical of TEs initial response to the Lost Temple issues, your (emotional?) response is so inaccurate that I feel the inane need to defend TE...

Lost Temple was designed AND released WAY before the "Replay Wave" functionality was released. They didn't design & release a map that wouldn't fit into the "Replay..." feature, they designed & released a feature that didn't apply to an existing map. It's a simple, but crucial distinction.

TE (and others) have flat out explained this but you feel on pushing your own warped narrative for some reason (frustration? anger? sadness? ...). Maybe you'll accept the veracity of the explanation this time. Maybe you'll still continue to doubt it. Maybe you'll accept it but disagree with the decision in a reasonable manner, whilst constructively explaining what you feel to be a better approach. Maybe pigs will fly :/

\o/

I'm assuming when you said "replay button" you meant "Replay From Wave", as the summary screen replay button is a different feature. If you're referring to the post game summary screen replay button, then disregard what's below, but I'm not sure what your point is necessarily if that's the case.

@Uchihia quote:

The below response is correct:

@malf quote:
Lost Temple was designed AND released WAY before the "Replay Wave" functionality was released. They didn't design & release a map that wouldn't fit into the "Replay..." feature, they designed & released a feature that didn't apply to an existing map. It's a simple, but crucial distinction.

Replay from wave was never an initial design with Onslaught. It was a response to community feedback (again, something we pride ourselves on with the amount of resources we have), and it was either hold the feature entirely, or get it out to enjoy 95%+ of it. It made gameplay more enjoyable and didn't take away from anything, so we saw nothing wrong with implementing it while looking for potential routes to climb the mountain that was Lost Temple getting Replay From Wave. If this is disagreed with, that's fine, but it's not what we believe was the better path to take, and what we believe the majority of our players wanted.

Edit: One thing that is important to note is that we didn't want to get word out on overcoming the technical hurdles provided while we were investigating/working on it until we were sure there was a way to do so. Promising something and then saying we can't do it is something that we try to avoid doing as much as possible.

@LAWLTA quote:

Replay from wave was never an initial design with Onslaught. It was a response to community feedback (again, something we pride ourselves on with the amount of resources we have), and it was either hold the feature entirely, or get it out to enjoy 95%+ of it. It made gameplay more enjoyable and didn't take away from anything, so we saw nothing wrong with implementing it while looking for potential routes to climb the mountain that was Lost Temple getting Replay From Wave. If this is disagreed with, that's fine, but it's not what we believe was the better path to take, and what we believe the majority of our players wanted.

Thank you so much for listening!!! Didn't realize how much this meant until last week when I played 6 hours doing one lost temple map..losing for all silly reasons. Can't wait!!

@LAWLTA quote:

Ah, that's why the tone in this thread at first seemed that the feature was not going to be implemented.

Again, glad that feature is going to be implemented. Thanks for listening too!