Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie

So when are we getting a replay option on the Temple map?

Replay would be nice i was on last wave with siege roller lane with control burn and 2 siege rollers was left i was about to kill them and a assassin got me and before i got back to them they destroyed crystal had to  start over 

@Fozzie quote:

There is a replay in all other maps in Onslaught which was a huge step forward by Trendy.

So why not on the hardest and most buggy map of the lot?

Was it a technical problem they couldn't get past or some ,frankly dumb, idea that there should be some hardcore elitist gating.

Played with several players after this update that rage quit after losing due to pathing issues or whatever. Will they try and try again or just leave DD2.

Even if the replay option was introduced so that you could replay the Omega wave up to the number of rerolls you have so there is a method of trial and improvement not the feck off git gud approach there is currently.

You are trying to keep players not piss them all off like Mastery did, you hardly ever get those players back, they find something fun to play, you know fun, what games are supposed to be.

had enough of trendy not addressing problems fast enough i took a three month break, logged on today realised my Onslaught level was rolled back to floor 54, i was like "oki thats cool", my first map was buggy temple and died on wave 4/5, took me 20 odd mins,  no replay button an i got that disgusting flashback how horrendous this game has become IMO, turned it off loaded up fortnite  :). Be back in anther 3 months 

If they'd just fix the pathing I'd at least be okay with how things are.  I can appreciate the challenge of no replay, but I don't understand how the pathing hasn't been hotfixed yet as a HUGE priority.  I've lost so many maps because a mob just wandered down a path it shouldn't have and killed a crystal.  Lost temple is so huge that unless you're lucky with positioning you'll never get there in time with everything going on.  It's just beyond frustrating at this point.  Please fix it.

im starting  to  hate temple 3 or  4 hours each time then i still fell i will probably not play onslaught anymore if i ever get my talent caps maxed  but its looking doubtful if ill ever get there was way easier before when just had to get floor 65 i could get ap reset in a couple days / now new  setup difficulty increases so fast that its almost impossible after a  few ap resets and very expensive after ap reset 

Well this is a big problem and it's super annoying especially with all path/bugs on temple map. Omega waves is fun but it's a nightmare without replay from last wave. Something needs to be done Lawlta.   

@LAWLTA quote:

@Fozzie quote:

Trendy can we get an answer

This question has been answered twice by two other users, that specifically referenced how they know about it, and why we aren't doing it.

jTWbebc.png

7yRpOdy.png

These are both the correct responses. Your question/title of this thread is also a bit loaded/presumptuous, as it's not something we promised to deliver, because we specifically discussed that we were not doing it. In our notes we even mention that it's something we aren't doing.

There's no point in demanding an official answer when you've already been provided two official answers.

Im assuming the main technical problem is the replacing of the towers on lost temple as its a big map and we place many defenses, so its too much to keep in memory. So instead of trying to keep the replacing part of the replay, just let us replay the wave and rebuild our defenses for lost temple? Its definitely not ideal but as trendy said its a technical problem so not much can be done, but this would at least not make us have to replay waves 1-5 again. This is definitely a good way to appease everyone for now.

Only one map per floor was a great step forward. Doing resets is now a lot of fun, for me. I am at Ascension Level 8 so I cannot talk about omega waves, but we will get a solution for this! The idea about Omega Waves gives extra rewards and we can reach next floor without it sounds nice. No matter about memory problems at replay on lost temple. 

Don't forget: it's (almost) free to play dd2 (the 300 $ I spent was for my personal fun) and the game continues with more and more stuff. So please don't leave, take a break and we will have a lot of fun, when we get survival mode, chaos 8-12, new maps, the jester, boss fights,... 

We all know, we need some alternate endgame modes, as we have seen on DD1. 

@Debs quote:

Im assuming the main technical problem is the replacing of the towers on lost temple as its a big map and we place many defenses, so its too much to keep in memory. So instead of trying to keep the replacing part of the replay, just let us replay the wave and rebuild our defenses for lost temple? Its definitely not ideal but as trendy said its a technical problem so not much can be done, but this would at least not make us have to replay waves 1-5 again. This is definitely a good way to appease everyone for now.

I completely vote for this as well as a band-aid fix that limits the frustration felt with Omega Waves currently (even though it's a really cool concept):

1. Reload the players into the wave that they lost (could even cap this to wave 5) but without any defenses built.
  2. Give the players commensurate levels of DU Mana for the wave they would be at - to allow not just building of the Defenses, but also upgrading back to the appropriate Upgrade Tier.
  3. Update the Messaging
  4. ???
  5. WIN

It's unfortunate that such an amazing map and gameplay mechanic, that I'm sure TE put a lot of effort into, is coming to be seen in an extremely negative light (assumption alert: this affects a fair number of player).

If it’s a Technical issue then at least give us Drops after the Omega wave guys. Beating it feels extremely underwhelming with no drops after killing all those bosses.

I have done 5 more resets since update and not a single issue with Temple map. I like the new changes.

I loved the temple.  Then it got buggy.

I loved the idea of Omega Waves as a bonus wave.  Then I got to one, lost, and realized it's not a "bonus" in any meaning of the word, it's mandatory, and losing it restarts the map.

Hoping for some fixes so I can enjoy playing this game once more.  Temple's current state is just...

Lost Temple needs the replay feature or a serious work on the pathing issues urgently. The game is going in the right direction, its getting a lot better then when I started playing, but losing time because of something that you don't control is the last thing a players wants so they will keep leaving. After every update players come, try the game for a few days and leave waiting for the next patch that will fix the bugs.

@Debs quote:

If you watch carefully, when you "Retry from wave" on any other map, all your defenses get fully repaired, and the enemies in a lane change, more noticeably minibosses. I imagine it's more related to this than a "memory issue". Please, saving the x,y,z of a few towers along with their upgrade level is like 10KB of data. If it was a memory issue, how can we build the map in the first place lol?

It's more to do with the way schedules are created. I bet new lanes were opening/closing or something.

Is it just me or does the defenses sometimes don't attack on the Temple map?? Had so many strange loses when mobs walk pass my defenses. Just had 2 Skyguards NOT attacking flying mobs flying right past the skyguards! Temple is worse now then ever. Please do something fast it's really killing the game for me atleast. 

@Krro quote:

Is it just me or does the defenses sometimes don't attack on the Temple map?? Had so many strange loses when mobs walk pass my defenses. Just had 2 Skyguards NOT attacking flying mobs flying right past the skyguards! Temple is worse now then ever. Please do something fast it's really killing the game for me atleast. 

This wonky behavior is hard to replicate, but I know exactly what you are talking about. It tends to happen on big maps and is likely a memory issue or something that happens when just too many things are going on and the game cannot handle it. When this happens all towers suffer a massive re-targeting delay, but auras and things that do not target are completely unaffected.

@Krro quote:

ive lost several times when this happens frustrating 

@Xuhybrid quote:

@Debs quote:

If you watch carefully, when you "Retry from wave" on any other map, all your defenses get fully repaired, and the enemies in a lane change, more noticeably minibosses. I imagine it's more related to this than a "memory issue". Please, saving the x,y,z of a few towers along with their upgrade level is like 10KB of data. If it was a memory issue, how can we build the map in the first place lol?

It's more to do with the way schedules are created. I bet new lanes were opening/closing or something.

It all depends on how that memory is handled.

As we place our towers down one by one it can handle it because were placing it down one by one.

Now imagine it loading a whole map, remembering what towers WAS placed and where, the direction it was facing. Who placed it down etc. Thats alot to do at once.

An outside the box suggestion: Remove Temple from Onslaught progression. Instead, have Temple Difficulty 1 open at Onslaught 10, Temple Difficulty 2 at Onslaught 20, etc. Obviously, those numbers can be whatever. Have which Temple Difficulties you can access reset with AP. Then, have the "first" (resets with AP) time you beat each Temple difficulty guarantee you a 10/10 mod, or a C8 amp, or an entirely new mod only from there, etc. Leave in the challenge, but give a better reward for completing it, and make it optional not required for progression.

@Tolkmit quote:

Then, have the "first" (resets with AP) time you beat each Temple difficulty guarantee you a 10/10 mod, or a C8 amp, or an entirely new mod only from there, etc.

and while your at it, why not just add a button to automatically win the game?

@RustyCounterweight quote:

@Tolkmit quote:

Then, have the "first" (resets with AP) time you beat each Temple difficulty guarantee you a 10/10 mod, or a C8 amp, or an entirely new mod only from there, etc.

and while your at it, why not just add a button to automatically win the game?

If guaranteed loot is somehow an "I win" button to you; you are going to really hate it when you find out mastery has existed and had guaranteed loot for nearly a year.

There is very little skill required to obtain anything I suggested, it's all based on time spent and luck. Taking luck out of the equation doesn't somehow magically make the game easier, and it's ridiculous to suggest it does.

@Krro quote:

Just had 2 Skyguards NOT attacking flying mobs flying right past the skyguards! 

I think maybe I ran into this last night on Temple, but I can't be 100% sure.

I was on Wave 5 and one aerial only lane (which had been coping fine with a single SGT) was suddenly destroyed by dargons and I failed. Very annoying.

The lane was the lower one on the south east wall (behind the big arch).

The thing is, I didn't see it happen, just the aftermath of the SGT no longer being there (destroyed) and the crystal being taken out by a swarm of dargons.

Without actually seeing the SGT sat there not firing and with dargons bearing down on it, it could simply have been that the SGT was overrun with the increased number and level of dargons on wave 5, and I should have given it a few more upgrades or a second SGT or PDT to help it out.

Tricky to tell.

Has anyone actually seen a defense twiddling its thumbs and not attacking a target in range (other than the known bug with Earthshatters and Cannon Ogres for example)?

To be very clear, I'm not doubting anyone, I'm just curious and not discounting other possibilities. And conscious too that Trendy will need a bit more info to go on if they are to investigate.

I could very easily believe it is indeed just the game struggling to cope with all the actions of all those defenses on all those mobs during wave 5 of Temple. As a bit of a techy by trade, I'm amazed it does as well as it does given all the calculations of damage types of defenses, distances, mob vulnerabilities etc. etc.

@Fozzie quote:

Shame it’s too late

Huh? What do you mean by that?

Is it that some aspect of this thread is too late in some way?

Or that the addition of replaying wave at The Lost Temple arriving at the upcoming update next week too late as enough players has been put off?

Just curious for no reason.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@Fozzie quote:

Shame it’s too late

Huh? What do you mean by that?

Is it that some aspect of this thread is too late in some way?

Or that the addition of replaying wave at The Lost Temple arriving at the upcoming update next week too late as enough players has been put off?

Just curious for no reason.

i just wish trendy would recognise implementing the very obvious before dropping major changes rather than putting people off and make them go through a roller coaster of frustration. 

#FrustrationIsNotFun