Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie

So when are we getting a replay option on the Temple map?

There is a replay in all other maps in Onslaught which was a huge step forward by Trendy.

So why not on the hardest and most buggy map of the lot?

Was it a technical problem they couldn't get past or some ,frankly dumb, idea that there should be some hardcore elitist gating.

Played with several players after this update that rage quit after losing due to pathing issues or whatever. Will they try and try again or just leave DD2.

Even if the replay option was introduced so that you could replay the Omega wave up to the number of rerolls you have so there is a method of trial and improvement not the feck off git gud approach there is currently.

You are trying to keep players not piss them all off like Mastery did, you hardly ever get those players back, they find something fun to play, you know fun, what games are supposed to be.

Looking at the Steam charts post this update I was really expecting a boost to numbers but that's not the case.

The reason for why is:

The new maps, whilst beautiful, are an arse ache to build due to size and easy once you have built them

The change in Onslaught was not communicated well, at all, and people have 'lost' progress and this has switched them off.

The change to the mutators and loss of some shards has made Onslaught tough and the difficulty difference between C7 (zzzzz) and Onslaught (Emoji_TNT.png) is like the climbing frame in the kids playground and El Capitan. (maybe an exaggeration but you get the idea)

So are Trendy going to do anything? From past experience either no or far too late, but they really really do need to.

A replay for Temple would be a very good first step.

@Fozzie quote:

"not piss them all off like Mastery did"

You managed to mention it here again didn´t you? Ha ha you are like a little mosquito with a two word vocabulary...

*bzz bzzz mazztery... bzzzz bzz...zzucks... * Emoji_LightningBug.png

Someone in here mentioned that a replay feature on the very first wave of an Onslaught floor would be nice, and I second this. 

It would alleviate some pain not having to build everything again, while still keeping the rest of the waves, the way TE desire.

@MaJean quote:

It would alleviate some pain not having to build everything again, while still keeping the rest of the waves, the way TE desire.

They noted on the dev stream it isn't as they desire. The lack of replay is a technical issue atm, not a design choice. Though, it may end up being made official if people like the idea of having to rebuild that nightmare of a map. 

@Captain Alejo quote:

@MaJean quote:

They noted on the dev stream it isn't as they desire. The lack of replay is a technical issue atm, not a design choice. Though, it may end up being made official if people like the idea of having to rebuild that nightmare of a map. 

I see... let´s hope they get it sorted out then:)

Been seeing ALOT of players frustrated with the new Onslaught, frustration does not equal fun which doesn't make players stay.

TBH I'm thinking of jacking it in again.

Don't leave Fozzie. Etheria needs you.

@Fozzie quote:

Been seeing ALOT of players frustrated with the new Onslaught, frustration does not equal fun which doesn't make players stay.

TBH I'm thinking of jacking it in again.

I think even a temporary fix (If this helps lower the technical issues) of losing all your towers that you build but being able to replay from the wave you lost on, saving you the time of having to get back up to wave 5 or 6. You would still have to rebuild but it would be much less frustrating!

the new Onslaught has become extremely difficult. On the 80th floor the enemies are level 13,900. lol. before they were level 5,600. contrary to what they said that restarting would be easier. in fact it became more difficult.

@ufolouco quote:

the new Onslaught has become extremely difficult. On the 80th floor the enemies are level 13,900. lol. before they were level 5,600. contrary to what they said that restarting would be easier. in fact it became more difficult.

I have to disagree with the notion that resetting is somehow more difficult.   The current system lets you completely skip re-gearing (if you acquire materials to upgrade one trinket), you only need to play about 10-15 maps total, and you only need to beat one map at a time.   Furthermore, your not required to get to 80 until you have reset a significant number of times.   If you consider how they doubled the AP bonuses (when solo) and that you will have plenty of AP before you need to get to floor 80...getting to floor 80 shouldn't be an issue as long (as you do it with normal progression).

Can we have an official Trendy response that replay on the wave of failure is coming to the Temple map, if not then I think this is the straw for my camel.

@Fozzie quote:

Can we have an official Trendy response that replay on the wave of failure is coming to the Temple map, if not then I think this is the straw for my camel.

i somewhat understand no replay in temple for wave 1-5, even though rebuilding because of pathing bugs sucks (a lot!).

what really grinds my gears is having no replay option for omega waves. you press strg, you see headstrong berserk, phased cannon orc (and my new favorite cybork+ vamp quibly in the same lane) and you know, you can restart the map from wave 1.

thats super annoying, because it has nothing to do with your skill or gear, when you roll hard omega waves.

I would not like to see the replay system on the last temple... because my opinion is that this takes away the sense of onslaught. For some people maybe it's sad to play a map a few times to win but for me this is funnier than I know what I'm fighting for and now just replay till it's done.

On Dev stream they said it was a memory problem.  The map is too big to do replay on.  I suspect this is only a problem for consoles.  Would be good if they could implement it for PC.  The Omega boss waves are such a pain without replay.  You spend ages getting to it and replay is needed so badly.  I think they should move omega boss waves to a separate one wave only Lost temple or move it to a map that has replay.  

DD1 did difficulty so much better than DD2 has ever done.

You had the choice of adding difficulty once you reached nightmare, you could make it Hardcore, you could switch on Mixed mode.

In DD2 it's like it or lump it, well it's evident that this type of attitude continually switches players off.

So it's simple

Hardcore onslaught with no replay giving higher rewards, such as increased chances of defender packs or suchlike.

Normal onslaught with replays for the people who don't like Mistress Rottencrotch to use a belt sander on their nethers at the weekend.

Some people like to have fun and achieve progression not get hammered into submission due to some misguided difficulty curve ideal.

@Fozzie quote:

Hardcore onslaught with no replay giving higher rewards, such as increased chances of defender packs or suchlike.

Normal onslaught with replays for the people who don't like Mistress Rottencrotch to use a belt sander on their nethers at the weekend.

Some people like to have fun and achieve progression not get hammered into submission due to some misguided difficulty curve ideal.

If they would do this AND would nail the drop rates, this would be a great benefit.

I think omega waves should be a bonus round. If you beat wave 5 it's a win for the floor, if you beat omega wave too then some sort of bonus is awarded.

Can we at least get decent guaranteed rewards for surviving an Omega wave?

It was teased in the devstream, but giving us Omega waves in their current format is all challenge and no reward (other than progress another floor).

@024noi quote:

I think omega waves should be a bonus round. If you beat wave 5 it's a win for the floor, if you beat omega wave too then some sort of bonus is awarded.

Definitely agree. And also a great opportunity to bring in Omega Shards.

Speaking of shards, it's said that shards are gemlike artifacts. So these can be expanded based on the analogy. Below is what the whole thing could be (and some new ideas too)

Hero Shards - Sapphire

Defense Shards - Emerald

Hyper Shards - Topaz

Omega Shards - Ruby (Suggestion)

??? - Amethyst

??? - Diamond

Forbidden Shards - Obsidian (A fun idea)

@Fozzie quote:

Trendy can we get an answer

This question has been answered twice by two other users, that specifically referenced how they know about it, and why we aren't doing it.

jTWbebc.png

7yRpOdy.png

These are both the correct responses. Your question/title of this thread is also a bit loaded/presumptuous, as it's not something we promised to deliver, because we specifically discussed that we were not doing it. In our notes we even mention that it's something we aren't doing.

There's no point in demanding an official answer when you've already been provided two official answers.

Didn’t notice their TE tags to make their responses official.

As your not doing it that makes the decision very simple.

Shame put over 3000 hours into this game. 

what does putting 3000 hours into the game matter?

Ive played for over that and dont feel like I can demand things or else I will vaguely threaten to quit.